PDA

View Full Version : Dave Warren and Cobh Players

don ramo
16/01/2007, 7:36 PM
heard holden was gone too, mucky is gone playin gaa, breen, brosie and bruton, i think its murry (coluld be murphy) is gone playin msl, i heard also that waren left didnt hear a destination i think hendo should get a move on before all the players are gone, heard stephen o flynn is comeing, thats the only speculation iv heard on whos commin in.
:rolleyes:

it is a really bad note for the commitee about the team, i really dont agree with there influence on the pithch, but cant fault them off the pitch, now we have made major progress off the pitch, i think its time to see it on the pitch

first order: sack hendo:mad:

ramblers
16/01/2007, 7:45 PM
Stephen o Flynn signed for Galway a few weeks back.

Do we have any players signed does any one know what is going on!! This does not look good for the coming season.

depor
17/01/2007, 12:12 AM
the news is that at least 10 of last years team have been signed most of them being cobh lads including davin o neill. i also heard that sean daly was given a senior contract up from the u21's. news is that mickey o shea didnt sign for some reason, i think he might be moving elsewhere. bruts, breen and brossy are now waterford players.

and the latest bit of gossip is that, wait for it, darragh burke is the assistant manager. when i heard that i nearly passed out. what a shocker but then again hendo had to find something for the brother-in-law as he couldnt justify playing him this season.:rolleyes:

nismo
17/01/2007, 8:06 AM
what a joke..no players in loads players out...:mad:

sean daly is usless,hes not strong enough to play senior football :rolleyes:

were ****ed..another season in the 1st division

drinkfeckarse
17/01/2007, 8:43 AM
Burkey has always had a good football brain so I wouldn't be too judgemental on him. From what I hear he was getting invloved a little on the coaching side last year so it would be a natural progression.

Don't see what the problem is if it is true. The brother in law thing should not be an issue.

don ramo
17/01/2007, 10:12 AM
it an issue when half the under 21 team is better than him. useless player and all the coaching positions are full, so where does he plan on putting his brother,
the meting tommorow will clarify everything the investors will come in and sack the manager and that will be the end of it, hendo gone money in the bank.

drinkfeckarse
17/01/2007, 12:10 PM
it an issue when half the under 21 team is better than him. useless player and all the coaching positions are full, so where does he plan on putting his brother,

What are you on about? Burkey hardly played last year so what has "half the under 21 team are better than him" got to do with anything??

Depor said he "heard" that he was being made Assistant Manager. Does that mean it's true, you know what Cobh is like for gossip!?

As I said, Darragh has always had a good football brain on him and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if he eventually moves into a coaching or assistant position.

bellavistaman
17/01/2007, 12:13 PM
don ramo you are nothing but a **** boy! knock the club every chance you get, its ridiculous! you obviously dont have a clue what your on about. i'd love to know what position you are in to call anybody a useless player or useless manager. nismo sean daly is from cobh and a fine player who stuck with the club for years when alot of people left and all our talk about local players, another gets a chance and you knock him straight away, 2 of ye are typical of the people who drag the club down!drinkfeckarse your exactly right in what your sayin give the men a chance alot of people know nothing about his coaching and the few who do i havent heard any complaints. and having another cobh man involved will be some good news to cobh youth

Dj Duffer
17/01/2007, 12:23 PM
I heard another youth player- martin deady is being brought up to the seniors aswell? Another local..

bellavistaman
17/01/2007, 12:32 PM
martin deady? oh hes class!!!

Super-rams
17/01/2007, 4:45 PM
the meting tommorow will clarify everything the investors will come in and sack the manager and that will be the end of it, hendo gone money in the bank.

Obviously we have Pele here. You must know everything there is to know about the game. Darragh Burke as far as I know is thought very highly of in this town as a football player among those who have been around football. Surely it can only be agood thing to have a local helping to push the team on and from what I heard around the ground last year the players including the U21's have great time for him. As to what you say about Hendo, you have a right to your opinion as does everyone but will you have the courage to stand up at the EGM and say the same thing in front of him or his coaching staff.

don ramo
17/01/2007, 4:59 PM
if daragh is such a great player then why doesnt he get palyed????????
and im not the only one who attacks the manager here so thats not an issue the manager had a good first season and was given a lot of money to make tha team better and 1 Year (1 Year) later half the team has left why???
please explain :confused: :confused: :

P.S i dont like daragh, because he never plays, and when he does he can barely run and cant pass for ****, im all for second cances and if he imporves ill stand up and say sorry, but i have made it a point to watch him for the simple reason the club is wasting money on him, same with a few player like john meade payed for notin bruton was excellent when (when) he played and now has left cause he wasnt, more money wasted, colin p o'brien another waste.
holdens gone, warren, brosie, breen and mucky so tell me please what the **** hendo has done, what has this man achieved :mad:

new stand im unsure of, builders schedual, im sick of asking at this stage as long as its up for the start of the season i dont care really

Super-rams
17/01/2007, 5:15 PM
P.S i dont like daragh, because he never plays, and when he does he can barely run and cant pass for ****, im all for second cances and if he imporves ill stand up and say sorry, but i have made it a point to watch him for the simple reason the club is wasting money on him, same with a few player like john meade payed for notin bruton was excellent when (when) he played and now has left cause he wasnt, more money wasted, colin p o'brien another waste.
holdens gone, warren, brosie, breen and mucky so tell me please what the **** hendo has done, what has this man achieved :mad:

How do you know he can't pass or run if he never plays. All I said was he was thought very highly of in football terms which if you speak to people in the game he is. As for Hendo, yes last year was disappointing but I don't think him or any of the players set out to lose matches. Your personal attacks on players is disgraceful for a so called fan. There is too much of this going on here but that is nothing new for this town. Try supporting the teams in Cobh for a change.

Dodge
17/01/2007, 5:30 PM
bellavistaman, tone it down a little. Your new around here so we'll let it slide but in future, don't be attacking other posters. if you want to argue with what he said, fine but don't get personal with him.

Dj Duffer
17/01/2007, 5:34 PM
So in other words what your saying don ramo is that your going to think a player is rubbish until your proved otherwise? Shouldnt it be the other way around?! Some fan you are..

bellavistaman
17/01/2007, 5:56 PM
okey dokey, aplogies..

don ramo
17/01/2007, 6:40 PM
i would never judge a player if i havent seen him (thats stupid) i saw daragh burke three our four times didnt think much of him then found the connection to hendo and soon realised why he was there considering he wasnt all that, i first thought lowly of a few players (Not at first i wathched them for a few games and see) like davin at one stage he didnt have the best start at first but got better and i was proven wrong and delighted to be cause if im proved wong it means somthing good is happening in football.

as for henderson he cost us a lot of points due to the fact he couldnt manage one of the biggest squads in the first division, we were palyin bad he moved brosie to the back one of the best decisions of last season, only to then loan him out to waterford after seeing a massive improvment in the back???. he wanted bruton and didnt play him the club payed him every week with no return untill the last quater of the season, when he got 5 goals in 13 games after not playin for the other 3 quaters, thats a good return after not playin for so long ( yes i know he made sub appearances but we all know its only 5-10 minutes cause another fault of hendo is not making the sub till its to late cause hes first selction must be right cause he steve handerson)

however old a player is he will have up and downs, and if he proved himself once then if he hits a bad run we know hell come good again with the supporters behind him.

thats the way of football you will never be on top all the time but once you proved you can do it your sorted

Dodge
17/01/2007, 6:52 PM
okey dokey, aplogies..

appreciate the response. Fair play

ramblers
17/01/2007, 7:17 PM
I have seen some of the young lads play Martin Deady , Sean Daly etc and while they are very good I do not think they will get us promoted. We have lost a lot of experienced players by all accounts if reports are to be belived. Now you would have to wonder why are they all leaving and I for one think that it is down to the manager. You cannot tell me that players going to Waterford are getting much more then they were in Cobh. We will not get promoted without experiece and this season we will be sadly lacking.

I think we will find it hard to get in to the top half of the table next season.

ramsfan
17/01/2007, 7:45 PM
bruton did not leave because waterford were a better club he left because of the manager the guy works in cork the reason he left waterford before was mainly because he hated the travelling.

as for darragh burke people are making a big issue of him being assistant manager but the way things are going he will have no team to coach

martin deady is a great prospect but can he really stand up to kick lumps out of ya defences in the first division i was never a real fan of dave hill but if he had hendos budget we would be promoted:confused:

Dj Duffer
17/01/2007, 8:55 PM
Lads yare all talking bout the huge wage budget hendo had last year, from what ive heard it was less than 5,000 per week compared to galway, dundalk and rovers with their 12,000 a week.. I think we were 6th out of the 10 teams in the league as regards to the weekly wage bill so considering that we did fairly well to come 4th!

rambler14
17/01/2007, 9:52 PM
Lads, eventually were gonna have 2 work out whats fact and whats fiction here because we all have different stories. The only thing we know for definite is that Breen, Brosnan, Bruton and Holden are gone.
Its nice to speculate but we should at least try and get a few facts.
I heard Muckie retired and Davin O'Neill signed for Waterford. The holy all of it is that Cobh is full of bull**** until it appears in a paper.

don ramo
17/01/2007, 10:52 PM
ya end of thread

nismo
20/01/2007, 1:19 PM
I heard another youth player- martin deady is being brought up to the seniors aswell? Another local..

great...:rolleyes:

don ramo
21/01/2007, 6:57 PM
Lads yare all talking bout the huge wage budget hendo had last year, from what ive heard it was less than 5,000 per week compared to galway, dundalk and rovers with their 12,000 a week.. I think we were 6th out of the 10 teams in the league as regards to the weekly wage bill so considering that we did fairly well to come 4th!

the wages were 2000 a week as barry walsh said last year the annual budget (for wages) was doubled form 50,000 to 100,000 so the budget was 2,000 a week not five, and the club needs a budget of roughly 200,000 minimum to run a year 5,000 a week adds up to 250,000 a year so thats one piece of fiction sorted out.

ramblers
22/01/2007, 5:50 PM
Don Ramo the season runs for 36 weeks and as stated at the EGM the wage bill was 180,000 for last year which works out at 5000 a week.

As stated at the meeting the wage bill will be reduced this year.

don ramo
22/01/2007, 6:23 PM
sorry i must have fallen asleep when that was mentioned (it was sleep inducing) im goin on last years AGM when it was stated that the wage bill was 50,000 and was doubled to 100,000, so if thats the case they nearly quadrupled the wages :confused: :confused: :confused:

ramblers
22/01/2007, 8:12 PM
No worries I can understand why you would have fallen asleep

Rams Mc 7
25/01/2007, 6:02 PM
ya it was a bit unnecessary to be fair.

rambler14
25/01/2007, 9:06 PM
Anyone see Wednesdays Echo where they referred to Dave Warren as Waterford Uniteds Dave Warren

don ramo
26/01/2007, 7:20 PM
where did this thread come from

A face
28/01/2007, 9:47 PM
where did this thread come from

I split the posts for the new stand thread. Just to keep the topics seperate.