PDA

View Full Version : Great win

DrummerDrog
02/12/2002, 12:51 PM
.... at the weekend and great performance ... could have been more in the end but lets keep a bit of luck for next week ... its good that we will go to Longford in high spirits compared to recent performances ... and nothing would be better than to drag them back into a relegation fight. I had a feeling that his weekend might have been important - now next weekend is a HUGE match - with Bohs at Bray and UCD at Rovers - great chance to widen that gap by at least a point.

Thanks for all the hard work Sean - its great that the DUFC site will stay open - we'll all get used to foot.ie over the next few week. You did the right thing to shut the messageboard down if u had any doubts about getting grief.

By the way ... I see that Damien Whitehead scored for the Haprs at the weekend .... has he been there all year ??? I used to watch for his name to see if he scored for Leigh RMI but now I know why.

WindmillWarrior
02/12/2002, 1:39 PM
Blinding win wasn't it!
Ratings from the Star:

Rogers 9
O'Connor 7
Cronin 8
Lynch 7
Todd 7
Kelly 7
Tierney 8
Dempsey 8
Taylor 8
O'Brien 8
Myler 9

Fair ratings there I'd say, they were all good but personally I'd single out Cronin and Tierney for special praise, Tierney especially was exceptional.

As regards Whitehead, I think he's on loan for the rest of the season, similar to us last year. He hasn't been there that long I think but he's already bagged a couple, fair play to him...

UCD_4_Life
02/12/2002, 9:47 PM
Come on now, Myler has never played a 9 in his life...

Drogrough
03/12/2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
Come on now, Myler has never played a 9 in his life...

See his winning goal, then?