PDA

View Full Version : in the dressing room

dalo
02/12/2002, 8:21 AM
i do think there is very little wrong with team spirit at the moment. right after the game I took a walk dowm to the dressing room and as gunther, freyne and the city players were walking into the drsssing room their delight was obvious.

as greg walked in i shouted well done and he yelled back "that will show those *******s!!!!!!!!". I must admit it was great seeing the closeness and camraderie of the players and management after a hard fought win. when gunther came in you see him being mobbed by the players just as the dressing room closed. his reaction after the win also showed it be good for murphy's standing if he showed similar fighting spirit during games.

now I am not saying things are perfect (far from it) but i think supporters have totally underestimated the feeling in the camp.

p.s the language of the shels players was a bit blue to say the least:D

Gary
02/12/2002, 9:27 AM
Thats funny because the players seem to tell a different story when talking to any fans!

and what were you doing down the dressing rooms Dalo?

dalo
02/12/2002, 9:38 AM
actually i was dying for a waz so I left the game a few minutes early hence me seeing the players coming out and going in the dressing room.

maybe the players do have a different story to tell but i was taken at how united they were after the game. sorry lads to dissapoint ye. i know ye thrive on stories of players falling out but I can only report on what i see

Éanna
02/12/2002, 1:34 PM
Originally posted by dalo
i know ye thrive on stories of players falling out but I can only report on what i see

Fair enough dalo, glad to hear that. I imagine after defeating shels the players would be bound to be happy though.

Like you said, you can only report what you see, well any of the stories posted here about problems in the dressing reooms are the result of exactly the same thing- people post up when they hear about these things. I have heard of several palyers giving out about murphy to fans after games.

I suppose we´ll never know for sure though

dalo
02/12/2002, 1:40 PM
I still though the o'callaghan thing had more to do with george indulging in a little ego boost (aren't I such a magnamious player etc) for himself than anything else.

as for players stories you have to wonder. for example my boss gets on my tits but face to face i am really nice to her. yet at the end of the day i do recognise she is better than me for doing her job so i respect her for that. amybe the same applies with murph?

it's like players kissing their shirt and all that c**p. never buy into it:mad:

Éanna
02/12/2002, 1:56 PM
for example my boss gets on my tits but face to face i am really nice to her.
I´d say thats exactly what it is. But I also think that that is a far more serious problem in a dressing room than in an office or whatever

Colm
02/12/2002, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

I suppose we´ll never know for sure though I know for sure of AT LEAST 3 players who can't stand him.

dalo
02/12/2002, 3:22 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I know for sure of AT LEAST 3 players who can't stand him.

ah sure a lot of the manchester utd players can't stand fergie. since when are you supposed to be best buddies with your teammates.

when I played footie in college a lot of the guys didn't see eye to eye with each other of the manager that's life

all i can say the guys looked pretty defiant friday night.

btw daniel murray is huge:D

Éanna
02/12/2002, 5:21 PM
ah sure a lot of the manchester utd players can't stand fergie. since when are you supposed to be best buddies with your teammates.

when I played footie in college a lot of the guys didn't see eye to eye with each other of the manager that's life
Yeah fair enough, but the point is being made that contrary to the picture some people think was painted on friday night, things aren´t all rosy in the garden.

James
02/12/2002, 5:40 PM
well despite the resulting win against da $h€liban i still think murph is the wrong man for city.

dont accept second best
murph OUT

pete
02/12/2002, 6:08 PM
IMO people ar naive thinking everybody in the squad completely supports Murphy.

Lets face it if you are a player in the CCFC squad & have seen the treatment of previous "trouble-makers" would you be likely to speak up & criticise your manager?

We can speculate all we like but players will support the man in the managers job until either it looks like he to leave or he does actually leave.

:rolleyes:

SSS
02/12/2002, 6:38 PM
If that's the case surely it would make more sense to say nothing, show no solidarity etc, just keep the head down.

I don't recall Mountfield's squad doing him any favours.