PDA

View Full Version : Ollie Byrne taken to hospital

Pages : [1] 2

SeanDrog
24/01/2007, 6:58 AM
according to the Indo he was taken ill yesterday and spent the night in hospital (not sure if he is still there), now we all know many peoples coloured opinions of Ollie but I doubt anyone would truely want harm to come to the man (or many man), the stress in all probability was a major factor in this incident and Ollie for his own sake now needs to stop thinking about Shels and start thinking about himself and his health. Footaball is not worth an early death. Hopefully he is not too serious and just needs some R&R.

Macy
24/01/2007, 7:05 AM
Reported on newstalk this morning that he was taken ill after recieving another €100,000 plus tax demand.

Dodge
24/01/2007, 7:25 AM
Without being facetious, this was bound to happen. How many times has he "lost it" at football ground sover seemingly trivial events. If this isn't the wake up call he needs to walk away, I don't know what is

pól-dcfc
24/01/2007, 7:32 AM
As much as I personally dislike the man, no one wants to see the pressures of work causing ill health effects.

Get well soon Ollie, those hospital bills can be crippling!

headtheball
24/01/2007, 7:44 AM
Just like to wish Ollie Byrne a speedy recovery too. People's health put's sport into perspective and i hope Ollie returns to full health soon.

Magicme
24/01/2007, 8:44 AM
Yeah get better soon Mr Byrne!

GuisaSaigon
24/01/2007, 8:54 AM
whether you love him or hate him Ollie Byrne is a LOI character, Get well soon.

gufct
24/01/2007, 9:10 AM
Get well soon Ollie and start considering your own health now and quit while youve still got time.

Tazskool
24/01/2007, 9:52 AM
Get well soon... football is not worth ruining your health over..

dcfc_1928
24/01/2007, 9:58 AM
In many ways I dislike the man - but the passion for his club has never been in doubt.

So, get well soon Ollie - and let someone else take the grief for gods sake. You've done your bit.

Drumcondra Red
24/01/2007, 10:08 AM
I think its distusting that some people are using OB's ill health as excuse for a cheap shot, get well soon Ollie

gufct
24/01/2007, 10:13 AM
Didnt see any cheap shots here.Everybody wishes Ollie well but that doesnt mean we have to bow at his feet.

pete
24/01/2007, 10:34 AM
It would be pathetic for anyone to wish ill on Ollie now. Its only sport afterall.

Hope he recovers quickly.

WeAreRovers
24/01/2007, 10:38 AM
I think its distusting that some people are using OB's ill health as excuse for a cheap shot, get well soon Ollie

In fairness, Ollie's health and the mess Shels are in are 2 sides of the same coin.

As other posters have said, get well soon Ollie and get the hell out of football while you still have time.

KOH

JW.
24/01/2007, 10:51 AM
People don't seem to appreciate that Ollie effectively has no life outside of Shels, and - if he leaves Shels - he effectively has nothing.

charliesboots
24/01/2007, 11:03 AM
I think people do understand that but at this stage there doesn't appear to be any other option because there may not be a Shels to be involved in.

I sincerely hope Ollie recovers and gets well but if people want to have a go they're entitled to.

I'm sure the health of players who have mortgages to pay has also been affected by the troubles at Shels by virtue of not being paid.

eamo1
24/01/2007, 11:26 AM
gets out of football just as quick,a round ball just aint worth it.will say a prayer for him.never thought id be be including him in my prayer intentions:) .

Jerry The Saint
24/01/2007, 12:03 PM
In fairness, Ollie's health and the mess Shels are in are 2 sides of the same coin.

As other posters have said, get well soon Ollie and get the hell out of football while you still have time.

KOH

People don't seem to appreciate that Ollie effectively has no life outside of Shels, and - if he leaves Shels - he effectively has nothing.

Clear case of a disaster waiting to happen - the Ollie=Shels/Shels=Ollie equation was blatantly detrimental to both parties. The club should never have been allowed to become one man's personal plaything and Ollie shouldn't have let it consume his life 100%.

What happens while Ollie's in hospital - is there literally no one with the authority to make decisions:confused:

s-side hoop
24/01/2007, 12:25 PM
Clear case of a disaster waiting to happen - the Ollie=Shels/Shels=Ollie equation was blatantly detrimental to both parties. The club should never have been allowed to become one man's personal plaything and Ollie shouldn't have let it consume his life 100%.

What happens while Ollie's in hospital - is there literally no one with the authority to make decisions:confused:

The best plan for them now is for the fans to set up a steering committee and run the club for ollie.

DmanDmythDledge
24/01/2007, 12:43 PM
Ollie will be having surgery.

michaelguineys
24/01/2007, 12:51 PM
Just heard from a very reliable source that it is very serious.
Get well soon Ollie.
Wouldnt wish illness on anyone

Poor Student
24/01/2007, 2:14 PM
I know the current situation at Shels is Byrne's doing but the amount of pressure he must be under to attempt to rectify it is tremendous. I wish him a speedy and full recovery if possible.

Maz
24/01/2007, 2:42 PM
Best wishes to Ollie, here's to his health and a speedy recovery!

Carotheplayer
24/01/2007, 3:44 PM
Get well soon Ollie,

Hope u are fit and well for the start of the new season.

dublin15bohs
24/01/2007, 3:53 PM
Get well soon Ollie.

Kingdom
25/01/2007, 6:50 AM
Today FM reporting Ollie has a brain tumour.

BrayUnknowns
25/01/2007, 8:18 AM
Get well soon Ollie.

carrickharp
25/01/2007, 8:43 AM
Just to add my best wishes also.

Dricky
25/01/2007, 8:57 AM
Hope you pull through Ollie, really puts things in perspective. If the tumor news is true it is lucky for him that he got a warning rather then the affect of the tumor.

BohDiddley
25/01/2007, 9:13 AM
Best wishes to Ollie for a full recovery.

Peadar
25/01/2007, 10:35 AM
TV3 reported that he was to have a scan to determine if surgery was needed on a brain tumour that he had suffered. Very serious illness and nothing you'd wish on anyone. I'm sure the staff at Beaumont will do their best for him.

Tazskool
25/01/2007, 10:36 AM
Reports this morning have suggested that former chairman Finbar Flood may take over the running of Shelbourne FC while chief executive and owner Ollie Byrne remains sidelined by illness. Byrne was taken ill and hospitalized on Tuesday and while his condition remains unclear, it seems unlikely he will return to his day to day duties anytime soon.

Flood was chairman until during the 2006 season when he left the post for unspecified reasons. The task of taking at least temporary control of the club is not an easy one though as Ollie Byrne in effect ran every aspect of the club.

The power vacuum at Tolka Park has again sparked worries over player's futures and clouded the managerial picture further. Glen Crowe looks set to be the next player on his way out and unless Drogheda United spring a late surprise, seems destined for a return to Bohemians.

Bluebeard
25/01/2007, 10:39 AM
Best wishes to Ollie. Like so many others, I've had run-ins with him, but that happens and is not important at a time like this, and I certainly hope he recovers soon.

ShelsNo.7
25/01/2007, 11:20 AM
Get well soon Ollie!

monutdfc
25/01/2007, 1:20 PM
Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It must be a very very difficult time for Ollie trying come to terms with this illness while his life's work is collapsing around him. He has all my sympathy, regardless of anything he has said or done in the past.

shelbourne1904
25/01/2007, 1:48 PM
Come on Ollie win the most serious match of your life and bounce back like before.

iceman
25/01/2007, 2:25 PM
All the best Ollie , we all know that you are a survivor and strong enough to overcome this - kinda puts everything else in perspective.

LeixlipRed
25/01/2007, 3:38 PM
I'll add my best wishes on here as well. Get well soon Ollie

Brigader
25/01/2007, 4:46 PM
Pull through it Ollie... all the best.

passerrby
25/01/2007, 5:06 PM
just shows how much of ollie has gone into shels.. get well and return to being the pain in the arse we all know and love.

jebus
26/01/2007, 12:13 PM
Hopefully he gets well and returns to work in some capacity at Shels. Whilst I think he needs to delagate more work after this health scare I wouldn't walk away from the club I love to sit at home twiddling my thumbs if I were him

dcfcsteve
26/01/2007, 12:44 PM
Hopefully he gets well and returns to work in some capacity at Shels. Whilst I think he needs to delagate more work after this health scare I wouldn't walk away from the club I love to sit at home twiddling my thumbs if I were him

Bar his health, Ollie doesn't have anything in his life except Shels.

Unfortunately - both those things are being destroyed by that set of circumstances at the moment.

John83
26/01/2007, 1:20 PM
Get Shel Soon...
That's just asking for it:
Isn't it ironic that a man who has been called a cancer on the league... no, too evil.

Risteard
26/01/2007, 2:37 PM
Are only good wishes allowed in this thread?

Tazskool
26/01/2007, 2:48 PM
Oh come on guys.. yes he may have rubbed a few people up the wrong way.. but you cant stamp on a guy who has bascially had his entire life and the one thing he loves nearly ripped away from him???

He loves his club.. he wanted so much and now he basically has nothing.. not even his health.. at what point do you look in the mirror and say "Ok .. nows not the time to stamp on him and bring him down even more?.. Lets give him good health and support and see if this is a life changing situation for him..."

Risteard
26/01/2007, 2:54 PM
It was a genuine question.

dcfcsteve
26/01/2007, 4:58 PM
at what point do you look in the mirror and say "Ok .. nows not the time to stamp on him and bring him down even more?.."

I'd guess at the point at which he stops trying to destroy one of the country's leading clubs through his own arrogance, incompetence and fantasies.... ?

I don't like kicking anyone when they're down. But look at everyone on here - one minute Ollie is Satan, next minute everyone has nothing but kind things to say about him. Fcukin ridiculous. And what's changed ? His antics at destroying Shels have finally caught up with his health.

I do not wish the man ill, and would certainly not wish that illness upon him. But being ill doesn't change the fact that he needs to walk out or be put out of Irish football immediately. For the good of the game, and his own health.

Martinho II
26/01/2007, 5:02 PM
ollie hope you recover well from this. Hope things work out for him and Shels.

Raheny Red
26/01/2007, 5:39 PM
Are only good wishes allowed in this thread?

Only one way to find out...........

Tazskool
26/01/2007, 7:27 PM
Yes its something to disagree with what he has done to Shels in everywya possible... and yes dislike him for it..

But when the guy has a serious health problem the question of what he has done to Shels FC is and can never be looked at in the same breathe..

There are people in the world I dislike alot but if they were ever laying in a hospital bed as bad as he is I'd never kick them at all.. I'd give them my best wishes and then see what they are like after they have recovered...

You never know.. this MAY change the way he does things and make him see that nothing is worth more than your life pver...

Dont hold the guys errors against him when he is like this..

Yes it may have been a genuine question.. and i have nothin against anyone asking it at all... but what I do think is that in this serious time in his life that he be given a bit of good will for his health..