PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Cup?

pineapple stu
23/01/2007, 7:15 PM
Gonna moot an idea I robbed from the English Premiership fantasy football website - anyone interested in a predictions Cup?

The basic idea is as follows -

There are currently 29 players who have entered the competition in at least one week. I'll arrange everyone into a round of 32*, and then, in addition to your scores going towards the league, your score will also be compared directly against your opponent, with the higher score winning through to the next round, and the lower score being eliminated.

The rounds would be as follows -
Round 1 - 24th and 28th March
Round 2 - 2nd and 6th June
Round 3 - 22nd August**
Round 4 - 8th and 12th September
Round 5 - 13th and 17th October
Round 6 - 17th and 21st November

In the event of a tie, the player with the highest single score in any one of the relevant days gets through (so if you score 50 on the 24th March and 30 on the 28th, and your opponent scores 40 and 40, you're through) and then secondly, the player with the most exact scores predicted goes through. Failing that, I don't know what we'll do, but we'll work something out. We could even let both go through to the next round, and have a three-way fight, again with the top player getting through.

I'll see what the reaction is, and aim for to make and put up the First Round draw when I get back from San Marino.

* - it'll leave three byes, and also probable byes for the five players who tried the first week but no others, but nothing we can do about that; I'll take up to three new players to fill the gaps if they're about.
** - only six games then, which is unfortunate, but hopefully still enough to get a few winners!

highlight100
23/01/2007, 8:48 PM
Sounds good to me

pineapple stu
24/01/2007, 12:52 PM
Gonna go ahead and do that, actually. I've also realised that there's only five rounds needed, not six, so the games in August now won't form any part of the competition.

I've posted the First Round draw in a separate thread.

You don't have to do anything to enter the competition bar post your predictions as normal. All rounds are now "two-legged", with aggregate score, followed by highest single-leg score and exact number of scores, deciding the winner.

Best of luck!