PDA

View Full Version : Terryland up for award

GuisaSaigon
23/01/2007, 3:53 PM
The Terryland park playing surface has been nominated for a best playing surface award, see here http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/off-the-pitch-features/terryland-shortlisted-for-award.html Its up against Tolka Park. I wasnt in Tolka last season but i cant remember seeing the surface there ever being anywhwere near as good as Terryland. Well done to Noel Connolly who does great work keeping the pitch in such great shape.

gilberto_eire
23/01/2007, 4:23 PM
IMO its a non-contest as tolka isnt even rovers pitch!!

Jamjar
23/01/2007, 4:29 PM
but this is a bit much......Both surfaces will be looked at by sponsors NAC (National Agro Chemicals) and IOG (Institute of Groundsmanship) to select the winner.

National AGRO Chemicals.....What are they trying to imply ??

gilberto_eire
23/01/2007, 4:43 PM
??.... if your replying to my comment there i was'nt saying anything about rovers fans as i find ye to be nicest ive came across!. my comment was in reference to tolka not belonging to Rovers so it should go to us IMO!!

Conor H
23/01/2007, 5:05 PM
No Contest.

Terryland by far a better surface from what i've seen of the pitches.

GuisaSaigon
23/01/2007, 5:29 PM
IMO its a non-contest as tolka isnt even rovers pitch!!

No but is Shels' pitch, the award is for the best surface in the country not best surface in last years 1st division.

gufcfan
23/01/2007, 5:55 PM
Fair play to Noel.

Hope he gets more than a plaque out of it!

Conor H
23/01/2007, 8:59 PM
No but is Shels' pitch, the award is for the best surface in the country not best surface in last years 1st division.

Actually it is for best surface in the 1st divison.

Conor H
23/01/2007, 9:13 PM
ya i know its shels but we'r up for the ''best surface from 1st division'' and not ''in country'' from what i taught i saw!.

Ya that's right.

gilberto_eire
23/01/2007, 9:17 PM
i deleted my comment because according to the offical site today anyway its ''in country'' but i was sure it said yesterday ''ist division'' between us and rovers. from another point of view it could have won 1st division and is now up for country and since tolka shels' could explain it been tolka again!!... i dont know ill leave it at that!

Terry
23/01/2007, 9:23 PM
you were right the first time gilberto, thats what I read too.

Conor H
23/01/2007, 9:36 PM
Me 3rd.
It definitely said 1st Divison.If it was for the entire Country Shels would be up for the Tolka award.....not Rovers.

Guitd
23/01/2007, 9:53 PM
Me 3rd.
It definitely said 1st Divison.If it was for the entire Country Shels would be up for the Tolka award.....not Rovers.

the correct answers to above ;;;;;;
refs selected/nominated one ground fron pre division {tolka park} came out on top, one ground from first div {terryland park}came out on top
the iog (institute of groundsmanship www.iog.org irish branch and NAD who are irish agents for SCOTTS the sponsors will check out pitches and report baclk togeather with the fai later this week.
this info came direct from noel today ok.