PDA

View Full Version : United Ireland Squad

AustinoAsprilla
23/01/2007, 11:47 AM
If the two nations combined, how many form each side would we have?

World Cup Squad for arguments sake...

KEEPERS

Given. Carroll. Taylor.

DEFENDERS

Finnan. Carr. McCartney. Hughes.
Dunne. O'Shea. O'Brien. McShane.

MIDFIELDERS

A Reid. S Reid. Duff. Carsley.
McGeady. Gillespe. Davis. Kilbane.

FORWARDS

Keane. Doyle. Healy. Morrison.

Republic = 16
North = 7

Any obviously ridiculous omissions are from a tired head in work! So no smart comments about that please!!!

youngirish
23/01/2007, 12:14 PM
Kenny would defo get in instead of Carroll. Jonny Evans would be given a chance at Left Back. Gillespie shouldn't get in (S Quinn and McGeady are in better form at the moment IMO bar one great game Gillespie had a few weeks ago).

Healy should be nowhere near the squad no matter how well he does for Northern Ireland in Internationals (he's their only striker so is bound to get a few goals). Healy is an average Championship player at best heading into the twilight of his career. Stokes, Elliot, Long and even Connolly are all better options.

dr_peepee
23/01/2007, 12:16 PM
Evans is a centre half by trade and is escelling there at sunderland by all acounts... Tony Capaldi is regarded as one of the best left backs in the championship too.

Paddy Garcia
23/01/2007, 12:31 PM
Kenny would defo get in instead of Carroll.

Agreed, but the way things are going he will be lucky to get into our squad!

AustinoAsprilla
23/01/2007, 1:14 PM
Kenny would defo get in instead of Carroll. Jonny Evans would be given a chance at Left Back. Gillespie shouldn't get in (S Quinn and McGeady are in better from at the moment IMO bar one great game Gillespie had a few weeks ago).

Henderson is considered our second choice at the moment ahead of Kenny so no chance for him getting in ahead of Carroll.

Evans has only played a couple of senior games and wouldn't be included in the strongest squad, only for a friendly.

McGeady is already mentioned and S Quinn broke into a team (that Gillespie is already in) only about a month or two to go so hasn't proven anything yet.

Still think Healy would get in ahead of most os the other strikers but heres hoping Stokes lives up to somethjing...

youngirish
23/01/2007, 1:21 PM
Henderson is considered our second choice at the moment ahead of Kenny so no chance for him getting in ahead of Carroll.

Agreed but I'm assuming that a joint Irish team wouldn't be managed by a div like Staunton and therefore his previous decisions would be null and void.

I missed McGeady (getting old) but S Quinn is by all accounts a better player than Gillespie on current form and while he's young and likely to improve should be chosen over an older player on the wane (IMO).

I still think Healy is very average and is living off one match against Spain and a goal against England.

AustinoAsprilla
23/01/2007, 1:30 PM
Good point on Kenny, my apologies for not stating the BEST PART of a united Ireland...

LAWRIE SANCHEZ!!! Oh, what it was like in the days when we had a manager... I do miss them.

Hibs4Ever
23/01/2007, 1:36 PM
I'll say it again, IVAN SPROULE should get into squad at least

youngirish
23/01/2007, 1:46 PM
I'll say it again, IVAN SPROULE should get into squad at least

You forgot about Dean Shiels.

superfrank
23/01/2007, 2:19 PM
Healy should be in the squad. He's brilliant at International level. He gets plenty of goals, something the Republic could do with at the moment. I would rate him ahead of Connolly, Elliott and Long. I haven't seen enough of Stokes.

I second having Ivan Sproule in the squad.

Hibs4Ever
23/01/2007, 2:23 PM
You forgot about Dean Shiels.

Deano would definitely be good enough too, but Ivan would be way ahead of him

eirebhoy
23/01/2007, 2:43 PM
If we're scraping the SPL barrell - what about Richie Foran?
Very average player at SPL level.

Hibs4Ever
23/01/2007, 3:34 PM
If we're scraping the SPL barrell - what about Richie Foran?

Who's scraping SPL barrell?? and explain how??

citizenerased
23/01/2007, 3:39 PM
only davis and Taylor would get into the squad, johnny evans has played two games for god sake....

youngirish
23/01/2007, 4:14 PM
Who's scraping SPL barrell?? and explain how??
Ivan Sproule is pure unadulterrated muck.

Hibs4Ever
23/01/2007, 4:21 PM
Ivan Sproule is pure unadulterrated muck.

How you coming to this conclusion?

republicofwhite
23/01/2007, 8:54 PM
He is crap...In fairness

citizenerased
23/01/2007, 10:01 PM
cant even hold down a place with hibs or Northern Ireland, neither which are blessed with an abundance of strikers

Hibs4Ever
24/01/2007, 6:28 AM
he only ever lifts his game when the hibeees play the hun, and thats just to wind up his mates in the stand at ipox

Ah its clear now why you's on this site don't like him now ;) :rolleyes: Tell me Hooperatzi, other thatn Celtic or Rangers matches, how much of Ivan have you seen to know so much about his ability and how he plays in the other games, against the like of Dunfirmline, Falkirk or Dundee Utd!!

And for the record CitizanErased he IS a first choice at Hibs so stop posting about what you OBVIOUSLY know nothing about.

youngirish
24/01/2007, 8:58 AM
Hibs4ever are you Ivan Sproule under an alias?