PDA

View Full Version : Cork AUL 2006/07

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

hooperlooper
22/01/2007, 8:17 PM
Has Anybody Got Any Comments On The Cork Aul ,do you Think The Standard Is Good,any Imput

callyno3
23/01/2007, 3:30 PM
the standard in premier/premierA is pretty good as shown by grattans run in the fai this year beating clonmel and peake who scraped past 10 men kinsale in the previous round, fairview clonmel town are some of teams that have been beatan by cork aul teams in recent years. blarney ****ed the senior first division when they went senior after finishing runners up in premier league. I do think the league is run really badly, with up to date tables especially hard to get towards the end of the season, some of the pitches are really bad, and the decision of the aul to put prem teams in the first round of the AOH is laughable.

hooperlooper
24/01/2007, 4:54 AM
your comment regardin the prem sides being put in to the first round of the aoh is right,i was at the delegate meetin the night it was voted in an i knew it was goin to be a bad idea,the whole thing about the aoh is that 3rd, and 2nd division teams can get to the 3rd round when the top sides were let in and that way those sides felt a little pride in being in the 3r round proper with the top sides,knowin they might draw the likes of grattan so to speak,that aint happenin now though,prem sides drawin 3rd division sides in the first round and beatin them 7 an 8 nil,then destroyin 2nd division sides,some first division sides get through but the prem side seem to always be there for the quarters, anit good for the game, i remember when i played with a first division side in 93 that got to the aoh final and we played passage who were one of the best sides in the league if not the country,twas like walkn out at wembley trodin onto turners cross,we thought we were goin to be giant killers,got hammered 3.0,**** happens the aul is like an old machine that wont accept that its time for an upgrade,we must be the only league with out a proper website,our aul side after a recent game went to the ardmanning bar for chicken suppers,still wrapped in mr lennoxs paper,the dublin aul went to the berlington for a four course meal,the aul is like an old machine that just dosent want to get an upgrade,its better to use pencils and ink rather than a computer accordin to them,i would love to get envolved with the aul set up but i dont even know how to get on it,its like a secret cult,funny handshskes,i think its when your dyin you have to nominate someone with your last breath all jokes aside its kind of embarrisin,the rebel county my arse we're lke a load of hicks to the rest of the country:mad:

Shilts
25/01/2007, 3:37 PM
Soccer in Cork should not be divided between the AUL and the MSL. There are terrible senior league teams who wouldn't win a match in the AUL Premier. (Temple Utd and Crosshaven are brutal). Grattan, Leeside, Kinsale (Munster Senior Cup semi-finalists last year) and Maymount (+ others?) would hold their own in the MSL 1st div if not the Premier. Passage and Blarney have done very well since going into the MSL.
There should be automatic promotion and relegation between all the divisions in Cork, whether you call the divs senior or junior doesn't really matter. However, the suits would not like this situation where comittees were joined. They would lose their power, international tickets etc. So I can't see a logical solution anyday soon.

Tipp Man 2
30/01/2007, 12:59 PM
Soccer in Cork should not be divided between the AUL and the MSL. There are terrible senior league teams who wouldn't win a match in the AUL Premier. (Temple Utd and Crosshaven are brutal). Grattan, Leeside, Kinsale (Munster Senior Cup semi-finalists last year) and Maymount (+ others?) would hold their own in the MSL 1st div if not the Premier. Passage and Blarney have done very well since going into the MSL.
There should be automatic promotion and relegation between all the divisions in Cork, whether you call the divs senior or junior doesn't really matter. However, the suits would not like this situation where comittees were joined. They would lose their power, international tickets etc. So I can't see a logical solution anyday soon.

any ideas on what castleview are like? St michaels playing them this weekend in munster Junior

Shilts
30/01/2007, 1:56 PM
Castleview's junior team play in the AUL Premier A. The 2nd div of the AUL. Their senior team are a top class side in the MSL Premier. The junior team are playing good stuff this year and they should be in the hunt for promotion. They gave Kinsale a fright in the FAI Junior Cup only losing 3-2, I think. Patsy Freyne (their senior manager) plays for the juniors and is still a class act. They like to play a passing game out from the back and like any northside team won't take any prisoners. Would be very surprised if they beat St. Michaels away though.:o

Goals4fun
30/01/2007, 2:41 PM
hi lads, any info on where Grattan Utd play ? and possibly directions for coming down the weekend ?

Noddy
30/01/2007, 4:00 PM
can someone tell me the difference between Premier and Premier A? Does Premier A play on Saturdays?

the only 1
30/01/2007, 4:30 PM
heard gratten are doin bad in there league

KrocBoy
30/01/2007, 5:25 PM
can someone tell me the difference between Premier and Premier A? Does Premier A play on Saturdays?

The premier is the top division in the AUL and the premier A is below that, then der's 3 first division leagues, 3 second division leagues and 3 third division leagues.

Teams can play either Saturday or Sunday, think they request which day they prefer to play on at the start of the season.

KrocBoy
30/01/2007, 5:30 PM
heard gratten are doin bad in there league

Think they were 3rd or 4th the last time I checked, can't read much into that though they've only played 3 league games and have a 100% record.

hooperlooper
30/01/2007, 5:36 PM
grattan play up in knocknaheeney,right across the road from APPLE computers ,comin limerick to cork road it will be on your right hand side and is very well sign posted,any need for futher directions just ask any one where apple computers is and they will tell you,grattans pitch is right across from it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,on grattans form they have played 3 league games and won 3,they have played 15 cup games in all competions and have not been beaten by any side in either 90 mins or extra time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so who ever told you that grattan were struggling is a tad wrong and i would not be seriously askin him for his advice if i was you.

Goals4fun
31/01/2007, 11:12 AM
grattan play up in knocknaheeney,right across the road from APPLE computers ,comin limerick to cork road it will be on your right hand side and is very well sign posted,any need for futher directions just ask any one where apple computers is and they will tell you,grattans pitch is right across from it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,on grattans form they have played 3 league games and won 3,they have played 15 cup games in all competions and have not been beaten by any side in either 90 mins or extra time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so who ever told you that grattan were struggling is a tad wrong and i would not be seriously askin him for his advice if i was you.

what is the pitch , setup like ?

Shilts
02/02/2007, 12:14 PM
Hooper
Best of luck to Grattan tomorrow against Pike!

maestro
02/02/2007, 1:07 PM
they'll need it!

KrocBoy
04/02/2007, 12:40 AM
they'll need it!

:eek: Nice one kid, they got it!! Stand by as the excuses flow in for Pike's shock exit...:p :D

A face
04/02/2007, 12:59 AM
what is the pitch , setup like ?

It think this is it, top right with Apple Computers bottom right, am i right ??

A face
04/02/2007, 1:13 AM
Does anyone know of any Cork AUL websites?

callyno3
07/02/2007, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know of any Cork AUL websites?

heres a couple of crappy ones

http://groups.msn.com/CorkAUL
http://billylyons.blogspot.com/

Innishvilla
21/02/2007, 8:25 AM
Well done to Grattan on their win and I'd like to wish them all the best in their game this weekend against Villa F.C.

magpies
14/03/2007, 12:01 PM
What are Everton Youths like?

callyno3
14/03/2007, 10:03 PM

Young:)

Den Perry
16/03/2007, 10:30 PM

Well hooper? Where is all your smug b ull**** now?After all your gloating about Grattan beating Peake Villa "off the pitch"in the FAI we are still in the Munster and you lot are gone!gone gone gone!now go back to your AUL and we'l hopefully cross swords again next year!Oh and rumour has it that your great mate the Villa secretary is also Gone!Maybe he'll go down and join your club

Den Perry
16/03/2007, 10:34 PM
the standard in premier/premierA is pretty good as shown by grattans run in the fai this year beating clonmel and peake who scraped past 10 men kinsale in the previous round, fairview clonmel town are some of teams that have been beatan by cork aul teams in recent years. blarney ****ed the senior first division when they went senior after finishing runners up in premier league. I do think the league is run really badly, with up to date tables especially hard to get towards the end of the season, some of the pitches are really bad, and the decision of the aul to put prem teams in the first round of the AOH is laughable.

Don't forget that Villa got the better of Kinsale again mate!

Pablo Escobar
17/03/2007, 7:07 AM

I'd say thet're pretty good. If I'm not mistaken, they beat CCFC youths a few weeks ago 1-0.

callyno3
19/03/2007, 12:20 PM
Sorry but when did Villa get the better of Kinsale? We haven't played em mate!!

littleman
21/03/2007, 3:07 PM
DEN DEN,your soundin a bit bunny boiler with the hooper/grattan thing,they lost big deal another big gun bites the dust,next

Shilts
23/03/2007, 11:46 AM

Is this the new thing now... when people boast about winning games on pens! Haha!
Be careful... before your luck in the shootouts changes!!! :ball:

KrocBoy
24/03/2007, 1:16 AM
Here's an up to date premier league table for anyone interested in whats goin on down here in the Cork AUL.:)

__________P__W__D__L__F___A__Pts
Park Utd___10_7__0__3__14__10__21
Maymount _9__3__4__2__13__10__13
Leeside____4__3__1__0__11__4___10
Kinsale_____4__3__1__0__9___3__10
Macroom___8__3__1__4__13__8__10
Glenthorn__9___3__1__5__12__18_10
Grattan____3__3___0__0__9___2__9
Coachford__7__1___2__4__2___6__5
Villa_______7__1___1__5__7__15__4
Togher_____7__1__1__5__5___19__4

Shilts
26/03/2007, 10:45 AM
Is this the new thing now... when people boast about winning games on pens! Haha!
Be careful... before your luck in the shootouts changes!!! :ball:

Well done to Leeside and Maymount on their wins in the Munster Cup. Especially good to see Peake Villa knocked out on penalties after their earlier comments. HAHA!
What goes around comes around!!!
Hopefully a Cork winner this year!

littleman
27/03/2007, 6:22 PM
No reply on this thread form den perry to Leesides excellent victory,pity was lookin forward to it.On to new issues who's going to win the Cork AUL Premier.Interesting times ahead.

KrocBoy
28/03/2007, 11:21 AM
Looks like it will be a 3 way battle between Leeside, Grattan and Kinsale for the title. Until we see some games between these 3 it's very difficult to predict who will come out on top.:confused:

I'll stick my head on the chopping board and go for Grattan to win the league with Leeside second and Kinsale third.:)

Togher and Villa will be relagated i'd say and will struggle next year too from what i've seen of the Premier A this year.

qwertyui
01/04/2007, 1:18 PM
Has to be Kinsale to win this year. Havent been beaten in a year and a half in the league! Have the experience, been there and done it. The fixtures really pile up at the end of the season though so injuries will play their part. Leeside look a good team and obviously Grattan too. Its nip tuck but Kinsale for me.

What about the AOH? Still some excellent teams left. Kinsale booked their place in the semis yesterday.. Grattan and Leeside still there too i think?? Semis are played at the cross..

GavinZac
01/04/2007, 4:40 PM
just out of curiosity, what level of support for cork city would there be amongst people involved in AUL/MSL?

qwertyui
02/04/2007, 11:51 AM
Personally i follow them but not religiously. I'd go to 7/8 games a year but at the same time still have more of an affiliation to my prem team..

Shilts
02/04/2007, 1:18 PM
Has to be Kinsale to win this year. Havent been beaten in a year and a half in the league! Have the experience, been there and done it. The fixtures really pile up at the end of the season though so injuries will play their part. Leeside look a good team and obviously Grattan too. Its nip tuck but Kinsale for me.

What about the AOH? Still some excellent teams left. Kinsale booked their place in the semis yesterday.. Grattan and Leeside still there too i think?? Semis are played at the cross..

Cant see Kinsale winning it again this year. I saw the AUL Oscar Traynor Cup squad on the 'Echo' last week and they didnt have 1 player on it. If Togher Rovers have 2 on it then Kinsale can't be that good, can they now?
Leeside for the League and Grattan 2nd.

qwertyui
02/04/2007, 2:55 PM
Didnt know that shilts! We'll have to see what happens

KrocBoy
03/04/2007, 11:40 AM
Cant see Kinsale winning it again this year. I saw the AUL Oscar Traynor Cup squad on the 'Echo' last week and they didnt have 1 player on it. If Togher Rovers have 2 on it then Kinsale can't be that good, can they now?
Leeside for the League and Grattan 2nd.

Don't be fooled Kinsale are a far better side than Togher. The current Cork AUL mananger was the Togher manager last year(and played on goal for them in a league game ths season), and last years Cork AUL manager was also the manager of Kinsale at the time and not suprisingly there was several Kinsale players on that team!!:eek:

Kinsale's next 2 games are away to Park and Leeside so by next Tueday night we'll see what sort of shape they are in, and I wouldn't be too suprised if they came away with the 6 points.

Shilts
11/04/2007, 9:19 AM
Kinsale's next 2 games are away to Park and Leeside so by next Tueday night we'll see what sort of shape they are in, and I wouldn't be too suprised if they came away with the 6 points.

Good prediction KrocBoy!
Grattan continued on their winning ways with a 4-1 win against Togher Rovers last night. They must be the red hot favourites now!

qwertyui
11/04/2007, 4:53 PM
Crikey! Good wins for both Kinsale and the Gratts! Leeside wont be happy with that result tho.. u stil cant discount them from the league, first defeat i think?! Grattan will take some stopping. Saw them for about 20 mins last nite on the way home from work and hav a nice team. Togher are terrible though- Worst team i've seen with a while... what are the fixtures for the weekend?

KrocBoy
14/04/2007, 11:10 AM
The weekend fixtures and my predictions, and best of luck to Leeside tomorrow in the Munster Junior Semi Final, I think they will bounce back after their defeat to Kinsale last week with a good win. :)

Saturday April 14th @ 2.30pm
Glenthorn Celtic v Maymount Celtic (away win)
Grattan United v Coachford (home win)
Togher Rovers v Park United (away win)
Kinsale v Macroom (home win)

Innishvilla
16/04/2007, 8:59 AM
The weekend fixtures and my predictions, and best of luck to Leeside tomorrow in the Munster Junior Semi Final, I think they will bounce back after their defeat to Kinsale last week with a good win. :)

Saturday April 14th @ 2.30pm
Glenthorn Celtic v Maymount Celtic (away win)
Grattan United v Coachford (home win)
Togher Rovers v Park United (away win)
Kinsale v Macroom (home win)

Glenthorn 2 : 4 Maymount
Grattan 2 : 2 Coachford
Togher 0 : 3 Park
Kinsale 3 : 0 Macroom

3 out of 4 predictions good effort; Grattan's first dropped points... Kinsale are looking ominously good again!!!

KrocBoy
17/04/2007, 2:13 PM
Grattan haven't been playing well in the last few games i've seen, Leeside have lost their last two games and didn't play anywhere near their best last sunday, it certainly is lookin good for Kinsale yet again!!
Still with so few games played its still a bit up in the air with regards whose the favourites to win the league.:confused:

Tuesday April 17th @ 6.45 pm

Grattan United v Maymount Celtic
Should be a great game between these fierce northside rivals, Maymount have had some good results lately and they play Kinsale home and away in their following 2 games, a good result here and they could join the race for the league. However I think Grattan will just about come out on top in this game by the odd goal.

Villa United v Coachford
Massive six pointer in the relegation battle, Villa have improved alot lately and signed back a couple of good players that left them last season. Coachford looked impressive against Grattan last week and I think they will edge this game.

Macroom A v Togher Rovers
Togher are a poor side will be suprised if Macroom don't win easily.

Innishvilla
18/04/2007, 1:03 PM
Grattan haven't been playing well in the last few games i've seen, Leeside have lost their last two games and didn't play anywhere near their best last sunday, it certainly is lookin good for Kinsale yet again!!
Still with so few games played its still a bit up in the air with regards whose the favourites to win the league.:confused:

Tuesday April 17th @ 6.45 pm

Grattan United v Maymount Celtic
Should be a great game between these fierce northside rivals, Maymount have had some good results lately and they play Kinsale home and away in their following 2 games, a good result here and they could join the race for the league. However I think Grattan will just about come out on top in this game by the odd goal.

Villa United v Coachford
Massive six pointer in the relegation battle, Villa have improved alot lately and signed back a couple of good players that left them last season. Coachford looked impressive against Grattan last week and I think they will edge this game.

Macroom A v Togher Rovers
Togher are a poor side will be suprised if Macroom don't win easily.

Grattan 5 : 2 Maymount
Villa 2 : 2 Coachford
Macroom 0 : 1 Togher

Shilts
18/04/2007, 4:22 PM
The AUL certainly didnt do Leeside any favours last week giving them a midweek game with Kinsale just before their Munster Junior Cup Semi. We should be trying to help Cork teams to do as well as possible in the big cups instead of giving them a tough game just before the big one.
Any comments?
Hopefully Maymount will have better luck in the fixture lottery before their MJ Cup Semi!
Grattan's big win last night puts them back on track for league success:ball:

littleman
18/04/2007, 5:41 PM
It is a hard call to make at the minute,watched kinsale a few times this season,their big and tough but to be honest I thought they have some decent players but a lot of ordinary players and a bit boring to watch,their gettin old as a team and have nothin coming through .

Grattan can be either bad ( v coachford) or superberb (v maymount) they need to be a bit more consistant to win the league but have a great squad when everyone is fit.My own feeling is if Grattan can get their noses in front of Kinsale or leeside then i fancy them to win it because their young and hungry for success, Kinsale and Leeside can battle it out for 2nd and 3rd.

Leeside will only do damage if the above 2 throw it away,the rest don't offer much.Has anyone seen these 3 play this year ,what do you think,any dark horse that could sneak in.

KrocBoy
19/04/2007, 12:17 PM
The AUL certainly didnt do Leeside any favours last week giving them a midweek game with Kinsale just before their Munster Junior Cup Semi. We should be trying to help Cork teams to do as well as possible in the big cups instead of giving them a tough game just before the big one.
Any comments?
Hopefully Maymount will have better luck in the fixture lottery before their MJ Cup Semi!
Grattan's big win last night puts them back on track for league success:ball:

I think yer bein a bit too critical, Leeside played Kinsale on a Tuesday and Balla on the following Sunday, thats 4 full days rest in between the games which is surely enough isnt it?
Maymount will struggle badly against Pike i'd say, it looks like an all Limerick final unfortunately!!:(

limericklad
19/04/2007, 12:30 PM
I think yer bein a bit too critical, Leeside played Kinsale on a Tuesday and Balla on the following Sunday, thats 4 full days rest in between the games which is surely enough isnt it?
Maymount will struggle badly against Pike i'd say, it looks like an all Limerick final unfortunately!!:(

Wasnt at the game sunday but did balla fully deserve there win?? From the talk in limerick they did and they were meant to of been very strong defensively??

Real ale Madrid
19/04/2007, 12:44 PM
Latest premier table - if anyone is interested:

Murphy's Irish Stout Premier League

Pld W D L GF GA Pts
Park 14 9 0 5 23 15 27
K’sale 8 7 1 0 19 6 22
May Celt 13 5 5 3 21 18 20
Grattan 7 6 1 0 22 8 19
Leeside. 6 4 1 1 18 5 13
Glent C. 14 4 1 9 19 29 13
C’ford. 12 2 5 5 8 13 11
Villa 10 3 2 6 13 19 11
M’crom 10 3 1 7 13 13 10
Togher 14 3 1 10 9 41 10

KrocBoy
19/04/2007, 12:55 PM
Wasnt at the game sunday but did balla fully deserve there win?? From the talk in limerick they did and they were meant to of been very strong defensively??

Balla were the better side on the day alright and were unlucky not to win by a few more. Leeside are a good footballing team but never really got goin on the day, balla worked very hard without the ball closing down the Leeside lads and forced them into alot of errors.