PDA

View Full Version : Scully available

Éanna
30/11/2002, 4:23 PM
Pat Scully has been transfer listed by Rovers. IMO, he´d be an excellent signing to shore up our defence, for this season and next anyway

Dricky
02/12/2002, 7:59 AM
I don't think LM could handle him he has a bit of a temper.

dalo
02/12/2002, 8:28 AM
Originally posted by Dricky
I don't think LM could handle him he has a bit of a temper.

no i think scully would be a good squad signing but does he have the legs for it?

imo he will probably stay in dublin

Gary
02/12/2002, 9:22 AM
Is Scullys legs up to it??

Methinks your forgetting your name sake Dalo :D !!!

It would be a great signing, but with the transfer window closed, he couldnt play til next season.

SSS
02/12/2002, 6:43 PM
Interesting - City are not the only club to have player v manager issues. I recall Nesovic being another problem child, and I'm sure there are more. So LM is not so unique - other managers have had run-ins too..Sack 'em all. Lets run clubs like undisciplined co-ops.

Éanna
03/12/2002, 3:48 PM
Originally posted by SSS
So LM is not so unique - other managers have had run-ins too
He is unique! I can´t recall any other manager having so many run-ins with players, add to that his total lack of tactical knowledge and love of slagging off fans, and you have a fairly unique guy :rolleyes:

cityblade
04/12/2002, 7:52 PM
Scully is the man to bring along our young defence .Im sure the problem of living in dublin can be overcome. Remember woodsie played for rovers while living in cork.Sign him up!!!

Ali-G
05/12/2002, 8:26 AM
Gareth Cronin is still living and working in Dublin too.

Éanna
05/12/2002, 10:31 AM
and derek coughlan is still living in cork. It´s do-able certainly. I think he would be a great signing for next season, just to bring a few of the younger lads through- he has so much experience.

Dricky
05/12/2002, 10:38 AM
I just don't think Gunther will be able to have someone talk back to him, ala Mull

Gone Away
05/12/2002, 10:49 AM
Are ye forgetting a certain Liam O Brien who lived in Dubland and "played" for city. I reckon for a player to be successful with us, he must be living no furthewr away than, say, Limerick. Living in dublin, playing for City cant work.

Éanna
05/12/2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Gone Away
Are ye forgetting a certain Liam O Brien who lived in Dubland and "played" for city. I reckon for a player to be successful with us, he must be living no furthewr away than, say, Limerick. Living in dublin, playing for City cant work.

I think that fat horrible piece of sh¡t was an exception rather than the rule to be honest