PDA

View Full Version : Daly

SSS
30/11/2002, 8:30 AM
I thought he was poor last night.
The man he marked got away from him very easily (and scored.)
He f****d up a couple of times in the second half and Murray bailed him out.
You can almost judge the number of errors he makes by counting the times he yells at the others in the backfour to cover up his own shortcoming.

But here's the problem - Gaz was just as poor at centre back when he was there. Killian Lordan is too lightweight ( and is playing midfield now anyway for the U21 team).
Andrews is just not up to it.

That leaves Benno and Daly for the position. I would play Benno there at this stage as there is plenty cover in midifeld, but LM has chosen Daly, as is his right as manager. He may well think Benno adds more in midfield.

Bottom line - we're stuck with Daly and he will cost us.

thecorner
30/11/2002, 9:55 AM
another reason gunther should go
daly should have been gone at the start of the season. he would not have been missed one bit

pete
30/11/2002, 10:19 AM
I think everyone (except Liam Murphy cos of his blinkers) knows Daly is not good enough.

Whether you play Gaz, Lordan, Benno (my choice) any of them will be better than Daly.

Daly looks ok in some games he never tries to even trap the ball let alone pass it & relies totally on the hoof. Once the lands on the ground or a forward runs at him he is exposed very very badly.

Just watching Murray (19-20 year old) shows how much Daly is past it.

:(

TheNorthsider
30/11/2002, 10:53 AM
ur point about andrews its very hard to judge him when we havent seen enough of him to generate an opinion its hard to imagine he would be worse than deccie..what about his back pass right at the end of the game ,he has no pace no footballing skills he is too old shouldnt be playing but he is part of the old boys club!!!!!! surely must go this year:eek:

patsh
30/11/2002, 1:55 PM
To be honest, I think Deccie Daly will be playing eL football for only 2 more months.......
We really need to tie Murray down to a new contract now. Will Napier be back for the start of next season??

Éanna
30/11/2002, 4:14 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
To be honest, I think Deccie Daly will be playing eL football for only 2 more months.......
We really need to tie Murray down to a new contract now. Will Napier be back for the start of next season??
You´re bang on there. Murray would be a great signing by all accounts, and Napier should be back for next season- I don´t think many people realise just how much we´ve missed him

SSS
30/11/2002, 6:07 PM
I've seen him in a few U21 games...didn't impress me at all

TheNorthsider
01/12/2002, 8:10 AM
how many games have u seen him in sss

SSS
01/12/2002, 8:34 AM
Northsider, you wouldn't be training to be a teacher or barrister would you?:D - Master of the one-liner probing questions.

I've seen Andrews in pre season and in 3 or 4 U21 games ( don't keep track of these so much , they tend to be fairly forgettable.
For an experienced player, he was getting an awful lot of coaching from the sidelines and a bit too much praise when he did the simple things right which didn't instill much confidence.

He may progress, but it would be unfair on CCFC management to accuse them of ignoring a great player for now- they're not always wrong. ;)

TheNorthsider
01/12/2002, 10:18 AM
several other players have been banished to the reserves and u21s without been given a chance.we were told at the start of the season he was injured when he was played he was played out of position,i just cant imagine that he is worse than deccie.the reason for the one liners is i question ur opinion as a result of some of ur postings

SSS
01/12/2002, 10:56 AM
I've no prob being asked questions but when I say I've seen him in a few games and you ask "how many" it's like there is a magic threshold number of games before my opinion is of any consequence to you!

I presume S O'Flynn is one of the other banished players who keeps coming up here - he played at the start of last season when City lost all round them and when he was dropped to the under 21's he didn't always get a game there either. Fair enough he's doing well with Limerick, but he didn't do it at City - at either senior or U21.

Jamie Nolan is the is next great hope.

TheNorthsider
01/12/2002, 11:52 AM
steven o flynn was never given a chance with city and any time i saw him play he looked as if he could make it with the first team but then who am i to judge as i probably didnt make it to the magic threshold of games viewed with him playing in.unless ur given a chance playing with the first team its very hard to judge really how good a player is 5 mins here or there or even a 'few' u21 games is hardly enough to see how good a player is nor is playing him out of position a good way ,

Éanna
02/12/2002, 1:12 PM
S O´Flynn never got a decent chance. Andrews was only given one or two games with the first team and was unfit and out of position at the time.

SSS
02/12/2002, 6:10 PM
Lads, it's very simple:
I have seen Andrews play enough for me to form an opinion, which is that he is not necessarily the answer to the centreback problem at this stage. That's all I'm saying.[In fact I know that at least one senior City player had a similar view and he'd have seen him alot more (not Daly!).]

In relation to both SoF and JA club management will have seen plenty of them. You cannot always blood new, unproven, players in the first team. More importantly, if they are not doing at U21 level, there is no point promoting them. LM has promoted plenty of good youngsters so surely the likes of Andrews would get a chance if they showed they had the ability?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be delighted if they turned out to future CCFC stars..but apparently they haven't earned it yet.

Colm
02/12/2002, 6:15 PM
I don't really know enough about Andrews to comment.

However I have seen S. O'Flynn play a number of times including twice this season for Limerick. Imo, he is a talented player and would be great to have in our squad especially with the current lack of strikers. If only a certain someone would put personal differences aside for the good of the team and club.

dalo
03/12/2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I don't really know enough about Andrews to comment.

However I have seen S. O'Flynn play a number of times including twice this season for Limerick. Imo, he is a talented player and would be great to have in our squad especially with the current lack of strikers. If only a certain someone would put personal differences aside for the good of the team and club.

yeah deadly bearing down on teams like kildare town and dublin city. S oF was a **** who got what he deserved- good riddance to him.

btw do you realise the gap between the two divisions?

Éanna
03/12/2002, 4:35 PM
Originally posted by dalo
S oF was a **** who got what he deserved- good riddance to him.
this coming from someone who constantly gives out about people "insulting" murphy!!!!! :rolleyes: O´Flynn only played a few games for city in a team that was playing very poorly, and he looked as good as anyone in the team IMO. He is playing fantastically for Limerick (yes I do realise the gap) and would be a very handy player to have on the bench.

BTW, just read in the programme that S O´Flynn and J O´Flynn played together at U-14´s :)