PDA

View Full Version : P155ed Off

dublinred
20/01/2007, 11:56 PM
Singh, Turner, Burns Manseram all off to Bohs, but I am more concerned about losing O'Grady , Mc T ,Flanneay, Bellow and McNamara , the new set up seems to discriminate against against local talent who have career and educational ambitions, I would rather have a solid core of local players than exchange English based players every year.

gustavo
21/01/2007, 12:41 AM
I disagree to an extent , the manager knows that full time football is the best way to go and did offer pro contracts to the locals he wanted to keep . Cant do much more than that if they dont want to be pros .I would wait to see what kinda squad we have going out for our first game before getting ****ed off. Also Turner hasnt gone yet as far as I am aware

Terry
21/01/2007, 8:35 AM
Are the new players signing longer than 1 year contracts? If not, it will be the same again next season !

MervilleUnited
21/01/2007, 10:11 AM
I was in the Showgrounds yesterday co-ordinating three games on the mondo surface, and had half an eye on a conditioning session that Rob was taking at the same time. It was a very hard, but varied session, which to be honest(and having witnessed previous managers at the same stage) was one that only professionals could be expected to do. Rob seems to be a positive influence already, with the Committee members who were around complimenting his less dogmatic and more positive attitude to players and staff than the previous incumbent:eek: .

Its only a first impression, but it seems that fitness will be key for Rob, and thats the reason he wants pros. Pity for the locals though.