PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's game some big performances

Counting Crow
29/11/2002, 9:43 PM
I have to say I think there was a look amongst the players tonight that gave me a feeling we were not going to be beaten.

Perhaps it was having Ollie around and not wanting to see his little smirk - he had a shocker again and was almost afraid to congratulate Geoghegan ( what sort of a name is that???? ).

It may have been all the critisism directed at Gunther. Did you see the way 6 or 7 of the lads celebrated George's goal....interesting.

It may even have been the cold. You had to keep running tonight - brass monkey's stuff.

IMO there were big performances from:

Greg - had a really good second half. Drove $hell$ mad with some of his antics and really got stuck in.

Deccie - had a solid game and apart from the odd rush of blood to the head ( I swear 2 of his clearances ended in Musgrave Park - gotta look out for them on TnaG ) really did a good job.

Renno - work his socks off in the middle. He'd frghten Attilla the Hun sometimes with his tackles.

George - did the right things towards the end in particular when we needed to hold up the ball. As the game went on he got better and better.

JO'F - Had 7 shades of $hi*e kicked out of him until he had to go off. Took his spotter with Sheareresqe Calmness - excellent.

Murray - was so solid in the middle and was never going to be beaten in the air.

M of the M - I think it was a toss up between Renno and Greg.

Corner Boys - 8
The Shed - 6.5
Family enclosure - 6 ( almost matched the shed )

Moment of the game - Greg pretending to wellie a ball out by the sideline ( then purposly taking a fresh air ). The $hell$ player directly in line thought he was going to be killed by the ball and then could have killed Greg with the look when he saw that Greg had made a complete tosser of him - brilliant.

Another game with plenty of incidents, good football, goals, and most importantly a win.

Value for money 8.5 out of 10.