PDA

View Full Version : The Thoroughbreds

The Chief
29/11/2002, 9:48 AM
Well Boys!

Do you fancy your chances of stopping the current Thoroughbred Charge tonight!

What we have going for us at the moment is that we are a far better team away from home all season. The boys seem to be more focused travelling away!

3-1 defeat away to Kilkenny
1-1 away to Cobh
2-2 away to Waterford
2-1 victory away to Harps
2-0 defeat away to Dublin City (******* referee - S. Meighan)
0-0 away to Limerick

So on our away form it suggests we should come away from St. Mels with a draw! Our two blips away from home could have gone the other way easily but that is football for you. I see from your message board that you have a couple of injuries - we have only one major injury at the moment. We are missing our best striker and local lad - Philly Gorman. He got injured against Dublin city 4 weeks ago where they didn't have a stretcher or an Order of malta crew or anything in the grounds - what a joke! He had to be carried off the pitch by our manager Keely and Asst. manager John Gill. Anyhow the good news for ye is that we are a bit toothless up front without him - our 3 goals against Kilkenny last week-end coming from 3 corners!

Unfortunately I cant make the game tonight but I'd say it should be a good game because both teams like to play football - hopefully the pitch is in good nick because our boys can't dig out a result on a bad pitch!!

COME ON THE THOROUGHBREDS!!!:p

Ash
29/11/2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by The Chief
I'd say it should be a good game because both teams like to play football

Dosent necessarilly mean that they do play football ;)

C'Mon De Town

Going Up As Champions ... Next Season