PDA

View Full Version : Diadora and other kit suppliers

fbtn
18/01/2007, 4:20 PM
I know Bohs have just announced a "record deal" with Diadora but according to fans on ILF, the teams that use them in the Irish League have had massive problems with them.

This is off the Portadown forum:

What has happened to our Diadora away kit? I was never a fan but to be wearing Adidas one week and Diadora the next is quite shambolic and has the club shop ever got what they were promised from this shower?

Maybe Glendora could post a reply to explain this shambles? I really hope that this will be the end of their ****ty foray into the Irish League. Surely no team will buy into their empty promises now what with so many clubs being let down by them.
http://www.irishleagueforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79555

Just a word of warning to any supporters clubs or merchandising officers out there who are responsible for their teams kits.

What kit suppliers does other teams use and who have you found to be good and bad in terms of quality and supplying stock?

* Note to Mods: Please don't be moving this into the Bohs section or whatever. It's very annoying that threads that seem to impact a few teams or even the league as a whole be moved into teams sub-forums. Cheers.

holidaysong
18/01/2007, 4:34 PM
We had diadora last season. Just jackets, coats, home jersey and 3rd strip jersey available to the club for sale. Couldn't get the away jersey oddly and couldn't get any tracksuits / other training gear. I didn't like the home jersey much. We have Umbro this year though so should be good stuff!

Philly
18/01/2007, 5:11 PM
We had diadora last season. Just jackets, coats, home jersey and 3rd strip jersey available to the club for sale. Couldn't get the away jersey oddly and couldn't get any tracksuits / other training gear. I didn't like the home jersey much. We have Umbro this year though so should be good stuff!

We just got Umbro too - they do all the big clubs you see :p

pete
18/01/2007, 5:18 PM
I believe the problem is that they just irish distributers of Diadora/Adidas/Nike etc...

O'Neills may not be the best quality but probably suppied us with more jerseys & merchandise than all our previous suppliers combined.

BohsPartisan
18/01/2007, 5:20 PM
Same for us but it wasn't worth it for the awfull GAA style jerseys.

OneRedArmy
18/01/2007, 5:30 PM
I believe the problem is that they just irish distributers of Diadora/Adidas/Nike etc...

O'Neills may not be the best quality but probably suppied us with more jerseys & merchandise than all our previous suppliers combined.Spot on Pete.

Most clubs can't afford to carry a huge amount of stock as it ties up working capital (which isn't very plentiful when many clubs lead a week to week existance), so when they try to get stock at short notice with the big multi-nationals, funnily enough the find themselves well down the queue behind the Man Us, Milan's and about 2,000 larger clubs who obviously are more valued customers. Add in the fact the stuff is manufactured in the Far East so it has a long turn-around time and you get many club shops with little or no stock.

eamoss
18/01/2007, 5:36 PM
Spot on Pete.

Most clubs can't afford to carry a huge amount of stock as it ties up working capital (which isn't very plentiful when many clubs lead a week to week existance), so when they try to get stock at short notice with the big multi-nationals, funnily enough the find themselves well down the queue behind the Man Us, Milan's and about 2,000 larger clubs who obviously are more valued customers. Add in the fact the stuff is manufactured in the Far East so it has a long turn-around time and you get many club shops with little or no stock.

That would explain what I heard about Dundalks new kit. It wont be on sale to the fans for a few months! :mad:

DmanDmythDledge
18/01/2007, 7:11 PM
IO'Neills may not be the best quality but probably suppied us with more jerseys & merchandise than all our previous suppliers combined.
UCD almost always have a long delay in getting in jerseys for sales and one year it took a few weeks for the team to get their away kit.

Magicme
19/01/2007, 9:26 AM
We have used Diadora for a few seasons now and they have been great from what I can see. There have been occasional mix ups but that is to be expected. We have gotten home & 2 away jerseys, rain jackets, womens team kits, juvenile kits, special kits done for the summer camps, etc and our club shop is always able to order in stuff if he doesnt have it. Colm Forde has done a good job in getting the orders from Diadora from what I can see. Bohs dont worry bout it, am sure it will be fine.

fbtn
19/01/2007, 9:55 AM
2 away jerseys

What happens if you support a club that has more than two fans though ;)

Peadar
19/01/2007, 10:00 AM
UCD almost always have a long delay in getting in jerseys for sales and one year it took a few weeks for the team to get their away kit.

I'd imagine that we sell a few jerseys more than you.
Naturally enough, you'd expect to find yourself down the pecking order.

harpskid
19/01/2007, 10:23 AM
We use PF Sports and they are a pleasure to deal with. Jersies, jackets, tracksuits etc as and when we need them without hassle. Top quality gear too!

Schumi
19/01/2007, 11:10 AM
I'd imagine that we sell a few jerseys more than you.
Naturally enough, you'd expect to find yourself down the pecking order.Other clubs have had similar problems with O'Neill's AFAIR.

Peadar
19/01/2007, 12:14 PM
Other clubs have had similar problems with O'Neill's AFAIR.

We've had worse problems with Adidas and Le Coq Up...

Lux Interior
19/01/2007, 3:48 PM
Glens signed up with Diadora prior to 2005/06. Without going to much into it, the club were shafted over availability of merchandise and the trickle that did get in was badly-sized. Nothing new came into the club shop in 2006. The contract was terminated after one season.

Glens signed with Umbro prior to this season and in the four week period prior to Christmas, made £30k, due to the quality, choice and avaialbility of goods.

Ports played in last season's Adidas kit last Saturday, despite having signed with Diadora in the summer.

balls
19/01/2007, 5:17 PM
lads if someone could give me a number for an irish kit supplier for umbro or nike it would be greatfully appreciated. just send me a private message with name and number

SligoBrewer
19/01/2007, 6:50 PM
What happens if you support a club that has more than two fans though ;)

dont worry.. finn harps wont have that problem
:p

eamoss
19/01/2007, 7:18 PM
lads if someone could give me a number for an irish kit supplier for umbro or nike it would be greatfully appreciated. just send me a private message with name and number

Found this link last night http://www.toplion.com/