PDA

View Full Version : Judas Spotted

deecay
18/01/2007, 9:02 AM
:mad: Just saw sean connor this morning in tesco carpark just after 9.
Who does he want this time? Probobly Turner:mad:

gustavo
18/01/2007, 9:11 AM
Who cares about Sean Connor? its a new era we should be looking forward not backward , If he wants Turner he better dig deep in the coffers.

red bellied
18/01/2007, 12:11 PM
Also seen in High St.

neutrino
18/01/2007, 12:48 PM
:mad: Just saw sean connor this morning in tesco carpark just after 9.
Who does he want this time? Probobly Turner:mad:

as gustavo said, time to move on . sean connor apparently had his way of doing things but the facts are simple - he got rovers promoted, to finishing 5th in the league and to the cup semi's. that's successful. if he himeself thinks moving to bohs is good for him then that's his decision. lots of managers come back to old clubs for players. it's up to new manager to stave off such bids.

he wouldnt be the first manager not to see out a contract.he left the club in a better position than it was in when he left and that's the barometer of any manager's success. not saying he was likeable but successful ? - yes.

time to leave this one to collect dust and look forward.

Only1Rovers
18/01/2007, 2:57 PM
Is Chrissy Turner on sale in Tesco???

SligoBrewer
18/01/2007, 3:33 PM
he cud b after singh lads... mm logic?

feo123
18/01/2007, 5:13 PM
heard turner is now on the transfer list.........

Only1Rovers
18/01/2007, 6:32 PM
If Turner is listed this story is taking a few twists and turns (no pun intened). Must have somthing to do with Connor. But Turner reported Connor 2 weeks ago about ilegal approach...? And now Connor is in town prob with a bag of money waving it in Turners face....

feo123
18/01/2007, 6:44 PM
was told he had a meeting with rob and he wants out so he just put him up for sale!

gustavo
19/01/2007, 8:31 AM
I hope Rob realises the talent that Chris has and the types of fees Eircom League players are going for these days , to be honest anything less than 100,000 would be disappointing.

akearins
19/01/2007, 2:48 PM
In town because his girlfriend/wife had a baby in the general

SligoBrewer
19/01/2007, 3:23 PM
oh thank god, maybe this will end the turner speculation

avvenalaf
19/01/2007, 3:39 PM
So, c'mon Alan, was it his girlfriend or his wife that had the baby?

Conor H
19/01/2007, 3:44 PM

:D :D Good one!

SRFC Head
19/01/2007, 3:53 PM
Childs name Damien per chance !!

feo123
19/01/2007, 5:19 PM
probably has a few on the go! turner didnt train today...so that dosnt end the speculation! was in the showgrounds playin a game this morning and 2 new players, no chris turner and conor ogrady was there after it but didnt take part! wonder will he train with us in the evenings if he moves to longford!

feo123
19/01/2007, 5:22 PM
and sean was seen talking to choice today....think it was just casually though in tesco car park

foxfordred
20/01/2007, 10:14 AM
maybe they have an offer in tescos buy one get one free

Only1Rovers
21/01/2007, 2:01 PM
O'Grady would more than likely train with us, he couldn't go to dublin all the time...

Fivesilver
21/01/2007, 6:43 PM

Maybe both?

Kivlehan
23/01/2007, 1:08 AM
First post here.

This Sean Conner raiding Sligo players is interesting to me because it would never fly here in our sports leagues in the States. Someone would drop a lawsuit on his rear-end so fast he wouldn't know what hit him. He seems to be scavenging the team pretty good. If he pulled this crap in NY, Boston or Philly, he'd be in danger of getting his head pelted with some well-aimed batteries if he walked near the cheap seats during a game. Well, maybe only in Philly but still...

avvenalaf
23/01/2007, 12:07 PM
Batteries, eh?. Interesting.

Royal rover
23/01/2007, 12:16 PM
Another good quote from Juddas in today's indo, he states that he has made an official offer for Turner and he's waiting a reply, also he says that it's great to have a board of directors that match his own aspirations, possibly having a go at us

Red4Eva
23/01/2007, 4:07 PM
Another good quote from Juddas in today's indo, he states that he has made an official offer for Turner and he's waiting a reply, also he says that it's great to have a board of directors that match his own aspirations, possibly having a go at us

he's gonna **** off enuff ppl eventually to get the sack 2 years down the line. kevin hunt will probably stand up to him(like gerry carr, raf and mct) and sc will force him out of club and players will have no confidence in his ability as a coach and if things aren't goin well those fickle ****ers in dalymount will have him out on his fat ass in no time.

Only1Rovers
23/01/2007, 5:39 PM
I dont think thats gonna happen, he's got such a good squad now Bohs will prob walk the league Connor will be heralded as the greatest manager ever and he'll move on to biggers things in England and then he'll be found out....

gustavo
23/01/2007, 5:47 PM
If they do as you say walk the league I imagine he would want a crack at European competition

Only1Rovers
23/01/2007, 5:53 PM
so what we're saying is were gonna be stuck with Connor in the league till some other club sells their ground and get the sort of money Bohs have to play with? Sounds depressing...

gustavo
23/01/2007, 5:58 PM
It is if you are that obsessed with Sean , to be honest I dont give him a seconds thought and he is in the past now, I wish him luck in his new job and I hope he does well as he done a lot for the club , now is Robs time , but the amount of bile reserved for Sean on this thread suggests some people are still hung up about it.

red bellied
23/01/2007, 6:01 PM
Connor is hardly in the past when he is down here thieving all our players.

avvenalaf
23/01/2007, 6:05 PM
History shows that it is unwise for a manager to pull too many players from his previous club. Fans of the new club slow to accept them and if things don't develop well at Bohs, history also shows that the fans there will go through Connor for a shortcut. He's promising Bohs a top four place this season. Well, with the greatest respect, I think Don O'Riordan could take this Bohs squad into fourth place.
I'll say it again - back Drogheda !

Only1Rovers
23/01/2007, 6:07 PM
It's embarrassing at this stage, what sort of club do we look like? It must have an effect on those that he did not want to bring to Bohs, like eh... well... Foy, Hughes and co.

Only1Rovers
23/01/2007, 6:15 PM
Bohs will have a stronger and larger squad than Drogs, you have to say if Bohs dont finish on top there will be sumit wrong...Fenn, Heary, Crowe (prob gonna sign) Hunt, Flash, Singh, Burns...

Midlandsred
23/01/2007, 8:11 PM
How can you say connors is in the past when he left the club in such a lurch that we'll be lucky to finish mid table if not fighting relegation, Still though gonna be buying a season ticket this year:)

Paddyfield
23/01/2007, 10:15 PM
When Connor was manager of Sligo, ye weren't happy and now he's gone, ye're not happy. At lest when O'Riordan left, ye were delighted!

Nevermind, I still hope ye stuff Bohs when ye are in Dalymount :)

sligoman
23/01/2007, 10:30 PM
When Connor was manager of Sligo, ye weren't happyActually most of us were.

gustavo
24/01/2007, 8:44 AM
How can you say connors is in the past when he left the club in such a lurch that we'll be lucky to finish mid table if not fighting relegation, Still though gonna be buying a season ticket this year:)

Its Connor by the way not Connors. He is in the past , he isnt the manager anymore and I for one am looking to the future.

GloryNights
24/01/2007, 9:37 AM
He is in the past , he isnt the manager anymore and I for one am looking to the future.

Well said, what's the point dwelling on the past and talking so much about him when he has nothing to do with the club anymore and as for the players he's taking, who's to say that if Connor was still manager they'd have stayed. Rovers seem to experience a fairly high turnover of players most seasons so we should be used to being in the position of not having many players signed at this stage.

1 9 2 8
24/01/2007, 7:46 PM
what's the point dwelling on the past.
It's not "dwelling on the past" when the cĂșnt is still robbing our best players

feo123
24/01/2007, 8:01 PM
in fairness, he's the nohs manager now, not the rovers manager so why wouldnt he be looking to get some of our best players...like any other manager?

gustavo
25/01/2007, 8:41 AM
in fairness, he's the nohs manager now, not the rovers manager so why wouldnt he be looking to get some of our best players...like any other manager?

Its up to the board to make sure the players dont leave now

dublinred
25/01/2007, 11:09 AM

Given Sean Connor great network of contacts in the UK(supposedly) doesn't it seem strange that he has gone back to Rovers and raided Shels for so many players, what about all these potential UK players he wanted to bring to rovers last year that the board didn't back why hasn't he signed a few of these imaginary players for bohs by now.

gustavo
25/01/2007, 11:22 AM
and raided Shels for so many players, .

So many being 2. well one confirmed and one on the way.

Only1Rovers
25/01/2007, 12:29 PM
Connor is gone, but he is having a greater effect on the Club now than anybody else (as far as we can tell), this is why it is difficult to stop harping on about him. I hope the club is being clever and staying quite about new signings.

Were we not told at the meeting that new players would be announced in the week following the meeting and that the club wanted player sponsorship tied up before any were announced? Also I thought it was said that there was a number they could unveil but they wanted the Farmer to be present. Are these players still around? Could sponsorship not be sought?

I hope I'm getting worked up over nothing...

I know, I know, it was late last year and the year before before we signed anybody....but it would be nice to have some positives to counteract the negatives.

I'll still be traveling up to the showgies no matter what and cant wait for the Athlone game on the 19th, Gonna bring me boots might get a few minutes myself....:)

bomber82290
25/01/2007, 9:56 PM
666 looks good

Only1Rovers
26/01/2007, 10:04 AM
any decent pics of our 'first team' new jersey????? the avatar pic looks good tho.

Rory H
26/01/2007, 10:13 AM
i got one yesterday...ill have it up 2moro with a little help