PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor

Grasshopper 99
17/01/2007, 1:51 PM
Unlucky for Bray, they have lost there sponsorship deal which was going to be for 3 years, but we have signed up to Hard Metal for one season. The deal is worth the same per year as the sponsor that feel down just before christmas.:(

So all together not to bad, but the question i want to ask is why a big company in the Bray area, such as Superquinn, Dell, Chadwicks, Power City, Woodies etc not be asked to sponsor us or offer to sponsor us????:mad:

centre mid
17/01/2007, 3:09 PM
why a big company in the Bray area, such as Superquinn, Dell, Chadwicks, Power City, Woodies etc not be asked to sponsor us or offer to sponsor us????:mad:

most of the above would have branch/outlets in every major town in the country, Are woodies still not sponsoring Rovers anyway?

superfrank
17/01/2007, 4:37 PM
most of the above would have branch/outlets in every major town in the country, Are woodies still not sponsoring Rovers anyway?
Surely that wouldn't make any difference. Lots of clubs all over the world are sponsored ny national companies.

tippex
17/01/2007, 5:08 PM
I reckon the only time we wouldve been in with a shout with the likes of Dell would have been if we had pushed on after 2001 we just started slipping back more and more every year. If you look at Shels (who have been regularly winning and appearing in Europe) they are sponsored by JW Hire harldy a blue chip company so if the club that has won a number of trophies over the last 5 years cannot attract a large multinational like Dell what hope have wanderers got?

Eoingull
17/01/2007, 9:43 PM
I was always a little suprised that Dell never offered to sponsor Wanderers, even if only as a goodwill gesture to the town...but I'd agree that the moment to bag them has long since been lost. Hard Metal are part of Bray Wanderers folklore, and their logo looks great on the front of a jersey...so welcome back!

el punter
17/01/2007, 9:49 PM
How much is the sponsorship deal worth does anyone know?

centre mid
18/01/2007, 11:39 AM
circa 80,000 -100,000 depending on the club, drogheda were looking for 80,000 about 2 years ago

Grasshopper 99
19/01/2007, 11:55 AM
I dont think it would be as high as what Drogheda were getting as they are in Europe, Setanta cup and more of there maychs are shown live on TV, reckon we only got 10,000 at most for the season

BrayUnknowns
19/01/2007, 12:08 PM
Defo not as high as Drogheda but Defo not as low as 10k ! some were between i reckon, maybe 40 or 50 ?

Grasshopper 99
20/01/2007, 6:06 PM
Well what ever we got, put it with the jayo money, apply for more grants a build a Killkenny style stand down at the Training end (Dublin Side) of the ground.

thedoyler
20/01/2007, 9:14 PM
Ive said it before and ill say it again, the kilkenny stand would be perfect for bray

centre mid
21/01/2007, 9:39 AM
Ive said it before and ill say it again, the kilkenny stand would be perfect for bray

You'd never be able to see all the way from Kilkenny:D

thedoyler
21/01/2007, 11:06 AM
You'd never be able to see all the way from Kilkenny:D

Good Point! Never thought of it that way :D