PDA

View Full Version : D Day for Shels contracted players

Dodge
17/01/2007, 9:47 AM
Indo:

Heary to learn his fate today
SHELBOURNE captain Owen Heary will learn his fate today when a tribunal sits to decide if he should be classed as a free agent after non-payment of wages by the league champions.

Heary, who is being represented by the PFAI, has been strongly linked with a move to Bohemians but cannot join the Gypsies until his release from Shelbourne is secured.

---

If he's allowed go, watch the rest of them fly. Its costing Ollie €5k to challenge this BTW

dcfcsteve
17/01/2007, 10:12 AM
Its costing Ollie €5k to challenge this BTW

Last throw of the dice / all his chips on red 32...?

pete
17/01/2007, 10:21 AM
I presume Ollie must have some sort of case if he willing to gamble another 5k?

Do Shels have anyone left that club would pay money for?

BohsPartisan
17/01/2007, 10:22 AM
I presume Ollie must have some sort of case if he willing to gamble another 5k?

No I think its just sheer desperation.

Dodge
17/01/2007, 10:24 AM
IMO, no.

I@ve seen the letter signed by Ollie. If that amounts to a legal guarentee, he's fcked

dcfcsteve
17/01/2007, 10:26 AM
No I think its just sheer desperation.

Agreed. He's a wounded animal, and they rarely think straight....!

He's probably just focusing on the upside for him (i.e. retaining the value and skills of players he'd otherwise lose), and either has convinved himself that he's right (wouldn't be the fuirst time), or is willing to gamble €5k on it anyway out of desperation.

Student Mullet
17/01/2007, 10:40 AM
I presume Ollie must have some sort of case if he willing to gamble another 5k?By gambling the 5k he's already brought in 100k or so in transfer fees which he wouldn't have gotten had the players been declared free agents.

BohsPartisan
17/01/2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah but he was actually paying Byrne.

Drumcondra Red
17/01/2007, 12:17 PM
Well the 5k paid generated fees for Dillon, Ryan and Byrne, so far the "investment" of €5k has paid off for Ollie Byrne sooooooo... ;)

garyderry
17/01/2007, 12:23 PM
Well the 5k paid generated fees for Dillon, Ryan and Byrne, so far the "investment" of €5k has paid off for Ollie Byrne sooooooo... ;)

Bull****

sure non of the mention players went to arbitration
he sold them as quick as he could for anything he could get,
so he wouldnt lose out

I see some $hel$ fans are still blinded by oillies charm :D

pete
17/01/2007, 12:44 PM

I don't believe for a second that any money was paid for Byrne & Ryan.

Tenderloins
17/01/2007, 1:23 PM
I don't believe for a second that any money was paid for Byrne & Ryan.

So they could have been deals like Shels did when selling Richie Foran?
Dont think they got much for him, but got a decent sell on clause.

OneRedArmy
17/01/2007, 1:41 PM
So they could have been deals like Shels did when selling Richie Foran?
Dont think they got much for him, but got a decent sell on clause.Attaching any value to a sell on clause assumes Shels will be around the next time the player moves on.

Drumcondra Red
17/01/2007, 1:44 PM
Bull****

sure non of the mention players went to arbitration
he sold them as quick as he could for anything he could get,
so he wouldnt lose out

I see some $hel$ fans are still blinded by oillies charm :D

Thats right, sure we've all got our heads in the sand anyway, we don't know whats going on and we're definiately not doing anything about it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Macy
17/01/2007, 1:47 PM
Thats right, sure we've all got our heads in the sand anyway, we don't know whats going on and we're definiately not doing anything about it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
It was a strange few weeks without this type of post. Nice to see usual service resumed.

dublin15bohs
17/01/2007, 3:46 PM
anyone know how and when we will find out the outcome of this

Drumcondra Red
17/01/2007, 5:26 PM
Should have a decision by tomorrow

pete
17/01/2007, 6:04 PM
How do they decided? Ollies magic formula...? (http://www.brightlemon.net/fairgame/image/roll_two_dice.gif)

:D

Drumcondra Red
17/01/2007, 7:07 PM
How do they decided? Ollies magic formula...? (http://www.brightlemon.net/fairgame/image/roll_two_dice.gif)

:D

Uh-huh, if you're going to wum here, Pete, make sure your question makes sense... :rolleyes:

Dodge
18/01/2007, 10:19 AM
Decision made. PLayers free to join whoever they like it seems (Moved back into genereal el as it effects loads of clubs)

BohsPartisan
18/01/2007, 10:22 AM
http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=7690

Decision made. PLayers free to join whoever they like it seems (Moved back into genereal el as it effects loads of clubs)

Seems like the post has been deleted. Great news if true.

Uh-huh, if you're going to wum here, Pete, make sure your question makes sense...
Don't mind him Pete, I thought it was funny :D

Dodge
18/01/2007, 10:27 AM
post was merged into bigger thread.

http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=7676&start=60

SligoBrewer
18/01/2007, 10:38 AM
so is this the end of shels as we know it?

the last nail in the coffin?