Kevin Hunt (Bohs)
The entire st pats squad bar none

pete
16/01/2007, 6:06 PM
Colin O'Brien Cork City
Dave Rogers (Limbo)
Jamie Harris (Limbo)
Denis Behan (Cork City)

I was not aware anyone "rated" them. O'Brien (might have missed 1 game last year) & Behan (squad player) do effective jobs for CCFC. No one has ever suggested they amoung the leagues best.

Rogers & Harris are rubbish which is why in 'limbo'.

hoopy
16/01/2007, 6:13 PM
Joxer Kelly

micls
16/01/2007, 6:15 PM
Over-rated players:

Colin O'Brien Cork City
Trevor Molloy St Pats (Gone)
Glen Crowe (Limbo)
Dave Rogers (Limbo)
Jamie Harris (Limbo)
Denis Behan (Cork City)
Kevin Hunt (Bohs)

you must get about to premier division matches a fair bit so yeah?

A face
16/01/2007, 6:15 PM
Over-rated players:
Colin O'Brien Cork City
Denis Behan (Cork City)

They were never rated .... although O'Brien should get far more credit than he does.

Jerry The Saint
16/01/2007, 6:32 PM
Over-rated players:

I think that's harsh - Brenton Leister is neither under nor over-rated :(

finnpark
16/01/2007, 6:36 PM
I think that's harsh - Brenton Leister is neither under nor over-rated :(

True. I was a bit harsh on Brenton

adamcarr
16/01/2007, 6:37 PM
Owen Heary, Ollie Cahill,, Fabio O'Brien and David Forde was the most over rated keeper Ive ever come across, he was pure muck.

Dodge
16/01/2007, 6:54 PM
Strange selection. ONly Hunt and Crowe would ever be described as rated. And hunt hasn't been for years. Definitely not the Pats team anyway. Jesus, even Pats fans don't rate most of 'em

Dr.Nightdub
16/01/2007, 7:16 PM
Owen Heary

Now you're just being silly - or trying too hard to be deliberately controversial. Heary would be most people's automatic choice at RB for an LoI XI. Unless of course, you reckon we can ALL be wrong. :rolleyes:

hoopy
16/01/2007, 7:29 PM
Owen Heary, Ollie Cahill,, Fabio O'Brien and David Forde was the most over rated keeper Ive ever come across, he was pure muck.

Heary's one of the best defenders the league has seen in the last 20 years

pete
16/01/2007, 7:31 PM
Heary's one of the best defenders the league has seen in the last 20 years

I don't know if I would go that far but its been easy to see for last 2 years that when he is injured Shels defence falls apart.

BohsPartisan
16/01/2007, 9:16 PM
Kevin Hunt (Bohs)

Are you talking in terms of FM07 or just in general?
Hunty had a very poor season and may be past his best. In his day he was by far the best midfielder in the league and will always be a true Bohs legend. You'd never know though, I know he was very demoralised last year and had big problems with the spoofer so maybe (hopefully) he can turn things around. I sincerely hope so and I want to see him see out his contract as next year he'll be ten years with us and I think the man deserves a testimonial.

JW.
16/01/2007, 9:41 PM
Owen Heary is probably the best player in the league.
Jason Byrne was one of the most over-rated. His scoring per chance average is moderate. He gets a sh!tload of chances and scores some of them.

Paddyfield
16/01/2007, 10:05 PM
Owen Heary is probably the best player in the league.
Jason Byrne was one of the most over-rated. His scoring per chance average is moderate. He gets a sh!tload of chances and scores some of them.

Are you sure? Now I haven't seen Jason Byrne in a few years (damn you First Divsion, Damn you) but his record speaks for itself. He was the League's top scorer for FOUR years and he notched FIVE goals in the Champions League.

Aaron
16/01/2007, 10:08 PM
Well Jason Byrne has been top scorer the past few seasons so he obviously hasnt been overated. He does what he's paid to do.

OneRedArmy
16/01/2007, 10:16 PM
You can only base on what you see, but that notwithstanding I`d go for
Neale Fenn
Darren Mansaram
Gareth Farrelly
Stephen Ward
Bobby Ryan
Alan Moore
Glen Crowe
Chris Breen

& I still feel our own Kevin Deery has a lot of improvement to make, IMHO he`s living off a few wonderstrikes & needs to develop a more complete midfield game.

JW.
16/01/2007, 10:19 PM
Jason Byrne is worse than useless when he's lacking in confidence, which happens fairly often.

SligoBrewer
16/01/2007, 10:29 PM
singh and mansaram are over rated

Aaron
16/01/2007, 10:32 PM
Jason Byrne is worse than useless when he's lacking in confidence, which happens fairly often.

Fair point

ndrog
16/01/2007, 10:57 PM

Fabio is a drogs legend .He is one of our longest serving players who puts in 100 % every time. He scored 16 goals last season despite being sidelined with a broken jaw for a couple of months..

fbtn
17/01/2007, 1:06 AM
Heary, Cahill and O'Brien would walk onto most sides in the league. By eircom League standards, quality players.

Hulsey
17/01/2007, 2:57 AM
Suprised no-one has mentioned Zayed. Always thought he was fairly muck and he was found out when he went to drogheda

Macy
17/01/2007, 8:16 AM
Robbie Brunton.

BohsPartisan
17/01/2007, 8:20 AM
Suprised no-one has mentioned Zayed. Always thought he was fairly muck and he was found out when he went to drogheda

Jury's out I'd say. He has a lot to prove this year.

BrayUnknowns
17/01/2007, 8:30 AM
Dan Murray, Richie Baker, John Paul Kelly, Eamon Zayed

tippex
17/01/2007, 9:09 AM
Zayed is total muck. Can't see him doing much this season to be honest.

fbtn
17/01/2007, 9:17 AM
Mark Farren. The Baker brothers - Dessie and Richie. Steve Williams.

Irish Fan
17/01/2007, 9:21 AM
Just to let yous know lads while were on the topic of over rated and under rated players visit the gaming forum on this and help Tazskool by telling him your views on under rated players in football manager.

Cheers

lofty9
17/01/2007, 9:43 AM
Mark Farren

Just because you lot messed up and let him go;) . He was the best Derry player in the last 6 weeks of the league, once he got his fitness back.

pete
17/01/2007, 10:13 AM

Thats his biggest handicap. When he misses a couple of chances (especially in bigger games) his head drops & virtually no chance he'll score then.

Jerry The Saint
17/01/2007, 10:43 AM
Thats his biggest handicap. When he misses a couple of chances (especially in bigger games) his head drops & virtually no chance he'll score then.

He makes some awful howlers as well - more than once I've seen him miss open goals. It's all very well when the team is built around you and you bang in lots of goals over the course of a full season but I can't see the friendly Cardiff fans giving him many chances unless he hits the ground running.

dublin15bohs
17/01/2007, 1:38 PM
Kevin Hunt had a terrible season last year as he had alot of problems both personal and with the spoofer but on his day he is one of the best players in the league.

Ronnie
17/01/2007, 1:53 PM

Byrne is worse than useless.......... - 3 leagues, top socrer for 4 seasons on the spin - are you sure you have the right sport?

pete
17/01/2007, 1:59 PM
Dan Murray...

IMO he is under-rated by many City fans. A few high profile mistakes aside he was excellent last year & better than Premiership rated Bennet. Has become a proper capatain on the pitch & chipped in with 5-6 leagues as well as crucial CL away goal.

CavanBohs
17/01/2007, 2:12 PM
Gareth Farrelly

And people say we're harsh on our players.:D

micls
17/01/2007, 3:13 PM
Current overrated El players:
*Deery
*Alan Moore
*Singh
*Joxer
*Pat McCourt(amazing on his day but far too inconsistent)
* Zayed

Risteard
17/01/2007, 3:15 PM
Zayed & Colin Hawkins

micls
17/01/2007, 3:15 PM
Dan Murray

Underrated IMO. Especially by our own fans. People dont realise how important he is. I just pray he doesnt get injured.

Fantastic last year and our player of the year-prone to the odd howler but generally makes up for them, and chips in with the goals too

BohsPartisan
17/01/2007, 3:44 PM
Colin Hawkins

Does anyone still rate Hawkins (apart from Lazy Journalists)?

lofty9
17/01/2007, 3:50 PM
I'd say this deserves some sort of poll?

As a Derry fan I nominate Deery, now that I can't nominate Forde.

An the award goes to most overrated player in the Eircom League :

Hawkins, wins by a nose!

BohDiddley
17/01/2007, 4:38 PM
National league players are possibly the most under-rated, under-appreciated group of footballers on the planet. If, within that, a few of them are over-hyped, then that's no harm in my view.
Joxer didn't do too much in Bohs' black season of 2006, and was easily frustrated in most games. But I can still remember the sensation he created on his debut and in a few games since and believe he genuinely has bucketloads of talent. If we can keep him this season, it'll be interesting to see how he develops.

JW.
17/01/2007, 5:12 PM
Byrne is worse than useless.......... - 3 leagues, top socrer for 4 seasons on the spin - are you sure you have the right sport?
Ronnie
Don't pervert the point I was making. The man clearly has quality. What I'm saying is that he is very ineffective when he's down on confidence. Furthermore, he misses a lot of chances.

The Sheliban
17/01/2007, 10:26 PM
Hawkins was immense for Shels last season. Jason Byrne may have a poor finishing percentage, but obviously he gets into the right positions an awful lot of the time.
Neale Fenn, Stephen Ward, both Bakers, Liam Kearney, Jamie Harris, Dean Delaney, David Forde...

Raheny Red
18/01/2007, 12:12 AM
How are the Bakers over rated :confused: :rolleyes: - who has rated them in the last couple of seasons? Now back in the day they were great but just washed up old souls now!

Martinho II
19/01/2007, 7:45 PM
overrated players that played for us..

davy byrne
andy myler
alan reynolds

CollegeTillIDie
19/01/2007, 8:55 PM
Martinho II

Those three players were excellent earlier in their careers, perhaps those three lads had gone off the boil by the time they hit your radar.

Red4Eva
19/01/2007, 10:44 PM
harpal singh and a controversial one......conor o'grady

number16
20/01/2007, 1:03 AM
Lads, settle down, i'd love to see a few of you lot strutting your stuff for a few years.

gustavo
20/01/2007, 10:37 AM
We arent footballers and dont pretend to be , I hate when people use that argument , oh i'd like to see you do better , well I wont be able to do better of course thats why i dont try but you should be allowed to pass comment on those that do try and that should be up to a certain standard.