PDA

View Full Version : Kenny to add another signing

Neil
09/07/2001, 4:15 PM
Sligo Rovers striker Pádraig Moran is expected to sign for Longford Town once he has returned from a holiday abroad.

The Athlone-born striker is no longer under contract at the Showgrounds, where he is Sligo's longest serving player. Moran now fancies a move to the Premier Division.

Cork City were also linked with Moran - while Derry City expressed an interest recently - but he is now expected to join Alan Kirby and Alan Reynolds as the new recruits at Flancare Park.

from JW's

Macy
09/07/2001, 4:30 PM
Trained with the Town yesterday. Seems positive, but will speak to the other clubs that have expressed an interest - i.e Cork and Derry.
Lavine is likely to depend on what Moran decides.
Eric Molloy has signed from Athlone, my training ground scout reports......

gheewhizz
10/07/2001, 2:22 AM
Eric Molloy hasn't signed for the Town yet. He got a call from an English club & they want him to go for a trial/talks, so he won't sign for us on Sunday :(..... You should tell your "training ground scout" (CMcG) that he should do his job right!!! ;):D

Athlone & Silgo have put in contract offers for Pádraig Moran aswell. Shels had talks with him Saturday. :mad: I think its between Shels,Derry & LTFC to sign him.

Ash
10/07/2001, 9:24 AM
When Eric and LB had thier bust up Eric said he was having talks with a Dublin club and Brighton.

brighton are playing De Athlone on Monday 2 weeks so it'll be interesting to see if Eric is there!

Macy
10/07/2001, 1:34 PM
Actually gheewhizz, the original source for the Molloy story was higher than a fan - didn't here you denie it outside blazer's anyway!
Moran has apparently been offered a better deal by Derry. Never was going to sign for Athlone as he wants to play Premier football - and we all know only one club in the midlands can offer that!
Brighton are also playing us Ash, and our game was announced first, so there :p

Anyone going up to Dalyer tomorrow?

gheewhizz
11/07/2001, 1:21 AM
Yep, Moran is going to Derry.

Eric Molloy ->didn't denie it, didn't confirm it
Eric still hasn't signed for the town yet, but he was at training again last night...Unfortunately he sprained his ankle.

Stevo
11/07/2001, 12:14 PM
so it looks as if moran won't sign :( ......excuse my ignorance but where does eric molloy play ?? what age is he ?? is he any good ?? no disrespect to our current strikers but we need to have at least one top class one come the 9th of august....lets keep our fingers crossed :D

Pauro 76
11/07/2001, 4:34 PM
Whens the UEFA deadline for signing players???