PDA

View Full Version : Steve Williams ??

centre mid
16/01/2007, 11:20 AM
I was playing ball up in Charlesland last night and Bray were training before us, now it was moslty the 21's that were there but Steve Williams was training with them, anyone care to shed some light on this? Tarzan & Colm Tresson were there aswell, doesnt Tarzan have something to do with the U21 side now??

Grasshopper 99
16/01/2007, 4:25 PM
Tarzan is a coach with Bray, while Tresson is probably trying to get fit nice and early for the season, shows a bit of deadication. I heard i while ago That Steve could be signing for us, this shows it could be true, dont wait for what it says on the web site as the web editor takes for ever to update the site.

centre mid
16/01/2007, 4:31 PM
have to say think it would be a decent aquasition, skippy would learn a lot and you cant buy the level of experience williams would bring to the club,

incidently, when i looked first i though that they were wearing rovers drill tops has the club crest been modified?

Grasshopper 99
16/01/2007, 8:56 PM
Not modified, just stands out more, its great looking as are the new jerseys.

centre mid
17/01/2007, 9:15 AM
Not modified, just stands out more, its great looking as are the new jerseys.

Any links to a picutre ??

Grasshopper 99
17/01/2007, 1:44 PM
Sorry none, after i seen the home and the away one i realised i should have taken a picture on my phone, but the home one is a green and white version of pats third choice which was blue and red and the home one was majority white with green.

BrayZil
17/01/2007, 6:44 PM
Steve will be a great signing if we can get him. With Rogers gone we could do with another keeper.

Grasshopper 99
19/01/2007, 11:59 AM
Well we have got UCDs U21 keeper from last year as back up for Skip, but we do need another one, just in case and Steve Williams would push skip for a place and thats what we have needed since Walsh left.

BrayUnknowns
19/01/2007, 12:09 PM
The club has never replaced Walsh, best keeper we have ever had !

tippex
19/01/2007, 12:57 PM

Ah now here what about chippy ;)

BrayUnknowns
19/01/2007, 1:17 PM
Or Josh as well, just think Walshey was a superbe keeper and best i've seen play for the club

DmanDmythDledge
19/01/2007, 4:19 PM
Well we have got UCDs U21 keeper from last year as back up for Skip
He wasn't actually the U-21 keeper, although he may have played a few games. He didn't play against Bray, that's for sure.

pineapple stu
19/01/2007, 7:31 PM
He was on the bench for the first team all season, but for whatever reason, he appears to have been the U-21s' reserve keeper for the latter half of the season.

braysnumber1
20/01/2007, 10:27 AM
heard last nite tha Steve Williams has signed for Bray. well according to grasshopper99 - he always seems to find these things out before most people. great signing imo.

Poor Student
20/01/2007, 10:39 AM
From the stuff I've been reading I thought he was heading back to Shels.:confused:

superfrank
20/01/2007, 4:19 PM
Grasshopper knows alot of the people involved in the club and he has been spot on before.

Grasshopper 99
20/01/2007, 5:58 PM
From the stuff I've been reading I thought he was heading back to Shels.:confused:

Dont think he would have gone back to shels as they probably still owe him money.

KR's Post
22/01/2007, 9:20 PM
Him or Pat 'THE FAT' Trehy.

Philly
22/01/2007, 9:35 PM
Williams has been taken off the PFAI list, so I assume he is signed up with you guys.

BrayUnknowns
22/01/2007, 10:17 PM
Not to sure ? Heard stories from 2 good sources, 1 saying that he's signed for Bray and the other saying Shels...... The Herald was aaying that he was going back to Shels

Grasshopper 99
24/01/2007, 10:25 AM
Ok, i think my source was wrong, as Steve Williams has returned to Shelbourne according to the Bray People today, but they have made mistakes before too.

Risteard
24/01/2007, 1:50 PM
Holding onto Williams and Delany seems very stupid to me.

thedoyler
31/01/2007, 9:53 PM
Ive just been told he signed for bray today. can anyone else confirm?

BrayUnknowns
01/02/2007, 8:26 AM
Eddie was in the Bray People yesterday saying that Williams had gone back to Shels but had not signed as he was waiting to see who took over etc.... but that he would be keeping an eye on the suitation. Also said that he might have a striker but was not a major issue for him.....

connaman
01/02/2007, 7:30 PM
I can confirm that Steve Williams has signed for Bray this evening, I was in the Carlisle at about 8.00pm this evening and an inside source told me that he had signed also that they were on the look out for another striker

Grasshopper 99
01/02/2007, 8:15 PM
I was right after all, Williams has signed for us. Bray people got it wrong as i said they usually do at times.

BrayUnknowns
02/02/2007, 9:24 AM
I was right after all, Williams has signed for us. Bray people got it wrong as i said they usually do at times.

It was an interview with the Eddie Gormley they printed, hardly getting it wrong.

BrayUnknowns
02/02/2007, 10:11 AM
http://www.braywanderers.ie/content/view/727/

In the papers as well today, 2 year deal. GREAT Signing !

superfrank
02/02/2007, 10:41 AM
Great signing. With all respect to Skippy, I assume Steve will be our number one.

tippex
02/02/2007, 11:41 AM
I know its a bit early but I'm really looking forward to the new season.

Eddie has made some pretty good buys to strengthen the squad.

Williams will be a great addition and so too will clive delaney (I know he has taken a good bit of stick but he definately has the ability) and then securing David Tyrrell was excellent.

Hopefully we can have a decent season without a relegation fight on our hands and try to get the barstoolers into the carlisle (I know the second part of the statement is more wishful thinking than enything else) but if we can get a decent start and then when derry and pats go into europe (assuming they do well) it could be the start of converting people to drop down for a couple of hours every fortnight.

Now to get someone to bang the goals in.....

Hulsey
02/02/2007, 1:37 PM
Now to get someone to bang the goals in

Only position that were lacking in now. But Eamo is not the answer lets hope that option is ignored

centre mid
02/02/2007, 4:12 PM
I was playing ball up in Charlesland last night and Bray were training before us, now it was moslty the 21's that were there but Steve Williams was training with them, anyone care to shed some light on this? Tarzan & Colm Tresson were there aswell, doesnt Tarzan have something to do with the U21 side now??

Who starts these bloody rumours??:confused:

The Wanderer
02/02/2007, 4:45 PM
Steve will defo be our first choice keeper from now on, Skip will be hard pushed getting in to goals in front of him. Eddie has made a good few signings and am looking forward to the new season

superfrank
03/02/2007, 12:14 PM
Steve will defo be our first choice keeper from now on, Skip will be hard pushed getting in to goals in front of him.
Well now over the past two seasons at Shels, he wasn't first choice all the time. Fenlon played Delaney alot, although Williams is clearly better so you have to wonder just how commited on the training ground he is.

I've made this point about players before: the fans will pick players on what they see in the matches but managers will pick players by what they see in matches AND in training.

That said, I do hope he does well.