PDA

View Full Version : The noose tightens

Éanna
27/11/2002, 5:34 PM
eleven-a-side (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=2959)

Murphy receives “vote of confidence”

Cork City’s under-fire manager Liam Murphy has been given the dreaded vote of confidence by club chairman Brian Lennox after a recent run of less than satisfactory performances.

Murphy has come under increasing pressure from a section of discontented fans, some of whom unveiled a banner sporting a “Murphy Out” message during the defeat to UCD on Friday night. However, Lennox has made it clear that the manager will see out the remaining year on his contract.

City are currently struggling to maintain a challenge for a European place after taking just one point from their last three league outings, and their quest will not be helped this week when they face in-form Shelbourne at Turner’s Cross.

A defeat would see Murphy come under even more pressure and whether the manager is able to shoulder the criticism remains to be seen - he has reportedly pulled out of a fan’s forum to be held tomorrow night (Thursday).

However, Lennox is expected to attend the meeting, where he is sure to face some stern questions over Murphy’s position. The chairman has given numerous interviews this week in a bid to show his support for Murphy.

pete
27/11/2002, 5:46 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
he has reportedly pulled out of a fan’s forum to be held tomorrow night (Thursday).

Does anyone think he'd even have turned up if we top of the league?

:eek:

Éanna
27/11/2002, 5:55 PM
Originally posted by pete
Does anyone think he'd even have turned up if we top of the league?
No. He wouldn´t. But this is just another nail in his coffin IMO

Pablo
27/11/2002, 8:56 PM
i cant belive he isnt turning up. what a coward. i was going to give him a piece of my mind!