PDA

View Full Version : How much for O'Callaghan?

BohsFans
15/01/2007, 8:12 PM
http://corkcityfc.ie/home.htm

What's the word down in Cork about the fee?

A face
15/01/2007, 8:15 PM
A packet of magic beans ..... they're magic !!;)

razor
15/01/2007, 8:19 PM
they're magic !!;)Unlike O'Callaghan, good riddance.

BohsFans
15/01/2007, 8:22 PM
A packet of magic beans ..... they're magic !!;)

sounds similar to what you got for Doyle and Long! :D

A face
15/01/2007, 8:23 PM
Unlike O'Callaghan, good riddance.

A win win situation !! :p

Hitman
15/01/2007, 9:25 PM
"The Deal that has finally brought 27 year old Irish Lad to Portman Road is said to be worth around £50'000 plus For us to travel to Cork City for a Pre season friendly."

From an Ipswich forum.

YankExile
16/01/2007, 12:38 AM
Hmmm, let's see... the previous offer was for 70k, right? About how much does a Premier team usually pull down for a home friendly with an English Cola-league team? Cause it's not hard to miss the fact that City is getting less cash than they could have before.

pete
16/01/2007, 9:55 AM
Hmmm, let's see... the previous offer was for 70k...

Maybe 70k euro but not sterling. Theres no proof Ipswich ever increased their 50k sterling bid. I couldn't be arsed about an Ipswich pre-mid season friendly as its City fans who will be paying that entrance fee. We would also have George coming back to distract everyone & I don't think we need that pantomine.

80-100k euro plus extras is about as good as could do in the circumstances. No point going over the reasons why we hear, just glad the saga is over so everyone can move on.

Dodge
16/01/2007, 10:06 AM
FFS pete, the Dolan thing is still rumbling on (Hello Colm!) the Georgue thing will run forever...

pete
16/01/2007, 10:11 AM
FFS pete, the Dolan thing is still rumbling on (Hello Colm!) the Georgue thing will run forever...

I know you stirring but a friendly doesn't help matters in the middle of the 2007 season...

Dodge
16/01/2007, 10:25 AM
Not stirring in the slightest. can you honestly see this one going away quiely? Particularly if Cork aren't doing well and/or Georgis is?

GavinZac
17/01/2007, 11:45 AM
Not stirring in the slightest. can you honestly see this one going away quiely? Particularly if Cork aren't doing well and/or Georgis is?

im just glad we aren't harming george's international carreer anymore, the poor fellow.

razor
17/01/2007, 1:17 PM
Not stirring in the slightest. can you honestly see this one going away quiely? Particularly if Cork aren't doing well and/or Georgis is?Of course it won't go away. We'll never forget what he did to us. If he ever returns he'll get an appropriate welcome.
The only reason I could hope he even half succeeds is so that he never has to darken our door again.

Dodge
17/01/2007, 1:26 PM
For the record I wish him well.

wws
17/01/2007, 1:31 PM
For the record I wish him well.

He's a gimp. Of all the recent departures his is the one that actually strengthens the LoI.

drinkfeckarse
18/01/2007, 2:54 PM
LOL at this!! (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26109)

GavinZac
18/01/2007, 11:17 PM
LOL at this!! (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26109)

funny how none of his imaginary friends put in bids for him. the only formal bids in this farcical affair came from limerick and ipswich.

Dodge
18/01/2007, 11:20 PM
He's a gimp. Of all the recent departures his is the one that actually strengthens the LoI.

Agreed. Still wish him well

Colm
19/01/2007, 1:00 PM
Of course it won't go away. We'll never forget what he did to us. If he ever returns he'll get an appropriate welcome.

Indeed he will. The vast majority will welcome him and be delighted to see him back and then of course you'll have the usual bitter crew who hate everyone from Pat Dolan to Georgie to Liam Kearney to Danny Murphy and who long for the days of Patsy Freyne and Dave Barry.

Hopefully Georgie does well at Ipswich. Great player, soundest bloke you'll ever know and he really deserves it after all the crap he's had to go through in the last few weeks. Hoping to interview him over the weekend so listen out for that.

pete
19/01/2007, 2:14 PM
Indeed he will. The vast majority will welcome him and be delighted to see him back and then of course you'll have the usual bitter crew who hate everyone from Pat Dolan to Georgie to Liam Kearney to Danny Murphy and who long for the days of Patsy Freyne and Dave Barry.

Gross simplification. Yes loads of people dislike & probably hate Pat Dolan but don't think many hate the others listed.

Many people feel disappointed by the last 6 months George saga, don't think anyone hates Liam kearney as he just got the usual judas banter than all all ex-City players. Likewise with Danny Murphy no dislike there although some disappointment in quotes attributed to him this week but in the scheme of things matters little as he an ex-player.

razor
19/01/2007, 2:37 PM
the usual bitter crew who hate everyone from Pat Dolan to Georgie to Liam Kearney to Danny Murphy and who long for the days of Patsy Freyne and Dave Barry.You know the FOCC better than I thought you did. :D
Oh for the days of good honest to God players who loved the club and served accordingly.

gustavo
19/01/2007, 2:49 PM
Glad to see he has a new bestest friend in the whole wide world in Alan Lee

A face
19/01/2007, 6:22 PM
Gross simplification. Yes loads of people dislike & probably hate Pat Dolan but don't think many hate the others listed.

Ah c'mon Pete, Colm was on a roll there, making noise and all sorts, leave him off ..... i mean its the only thing he says these days besides "Sport is next" !! :p

pete
19/01/2007, 11:24 PM
Ah c'mon Pete, Colm was on a roll there, making noise and all sorts, leave him off ..... i mean its the only thing he says these days besides "Sport is next" !! :p

I would like to think can debate here on topic without petty attacks that happen elsewhere.

The great thing about opinions is everyone has one.