PDA

View Full Version : The Boss

SÓC
27/11/2002, 4:37 PM
What did UCD fans make of Doolins comments that its hard for the team because you guys have no fans on Eircom League Weekly? Ya think he would be greatful for the fans that you do have?!?

Schumi
27/11/2002, 6:07 PM
I watched the show and I don't remember him saying that. Did he say no fans or not many fans?

If it was the latter, I wouldn't have much problem with that as it's unfortunately true. I'd find it hard to believe that he said that UCD have "no fans" given that he was talking to a group of us a few weeks back.

Most of the players do seem to appreciate us even if they are a little disturbed by the stuff we write about them in the fanzine!

UCD_4_Life
27/11/2002, 6:15 PM
I didn't hear that either. Could you give us a quote?

I think maybe he was talking about away games, as there usually very few people at away games. For instance at Drogheda I saw only two other fans in UCD jerseys. Even though there aren't too many supporters at home either they do make a lot of noise almost constantly.

Schumi
27/11/2002, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
For instance at Drogheda I saw only two other fans in UCD jerseys.
Why didn't you come over and say hello? We were under the impression that we were the only ones there.

Even though there aren't too many supporters at home either they do make a lot of noise almost constantly.
:D God bless that bodhrán. If anything we make more noise at away games but there are less other people joining in.

@ndy
16/12/2002, 5:45 PM
Perhaps thats where the quotes in the herals came from. They were credited to Clive but the article was supposed to be about Doolo. Clive said that the refs might be influenced by the fact that we don't have many fans, ie minimal harrassment if he does soemthing we don't like, eg, the goal at Derry, the penalties at bohs and rovers...