PDA

View Full Version : How do you rate TV3's new eL soccer show?

dahamsta
27/11/2002, 1:14 PM
Posted on behalf of Shelsman.

adam

Real ale Madrid
27/11/2002, 1:47 PM
Very good so far.

There could be more highlights of matches though, and when is the next live game on? Overall the comment is good there are plenty of interviews and its nice for the fans to have a say, another small criticism is an earlier time slot will raise awareness of the show more.

fosterdollar
27/11/2002, 1:50 PM
Agree with Real Ale Madrid

- Earlier time slot
- Highlights (allbeit short ones) of more matches
- Maybe another pundit

Other than that, it is a very good start for TV3's first program of its kind. Fair play.

sadloserkid
27/11/2002, 2:03 PM
It's not bad but at the same time it's not great by any stretch. I know the infrastructure at most grounds doesn't help but the camera work is a bit shaky at times. Overall though it's a very praiseworthy programme and is deserving of our support and hopefully it'll grow in time.

pete
27/11/2002, 4:22 PM
- More highlights of the main match with team lineouts etc...
- Earlier time slot.

Signs good so far as time has already been extended plus tv3 look like willing & able to gradually improve the show.

Drop Noel King for Rico as well.

Schumi
27/11/2002, 5:14 PM
Originally posted by pete

Drop Noel King for Rico as well. Where has Rico gone? Has he departed on a vacationary expedition to some exotically monikered realm?

UCD_4_Life
27/11/2002, 5:23 PM
They should take the 6.30am showing and move it to the afternoon so as kids can watch it too, this would be good for the league.

It should be an hour long instead of 40 minutes and a camera at every Premier League game and one or two at First Division.

Also every week they should have a look at a different club and tell you about the players, the facilities and how to actually get to the ground. This would make life much easier for new fans to get to away games.

Stuff like this would only be good for TV3 as for their bit of effort they would get a lot more viewers.

Éanna
27/11/2002, 5:41 PM
Haven´t seen it yet, but I voted good based on what I´ve heard

pete
27/11/2002, 5:42 PM
TV3 seem to be good at interviewing players. RTE would just send a camera to show highlights were as tv3 seem to be aware they can kill two birds with one stone so to speak...

I think too many of the league personalities are managers with few players known throughout the country...

patsh
27/11/2002, 6:09 PM
It's not too bad, and they look as if they are learning as they go along.
The broadcast time is far too late, surely they can shift one of the endless repeats of ITV stuff to accomodate an earlier time slot?
It needs to be an hour long as well, as no real discussion can take place on a subject.
Still, I don't want to be too harsh, they really are making an effort.
Trevor seems far more at home on this program than on anything I've seen him on before.

Shelsman
28/11/2002, 8:19 AM
Good points lads, I agree with the points ye made:

-earlier time slot
-another pundit
-team lineups ( and discussion of same )

A face
28/11/2002, 9:17 AM
Originally posted by Shelsman
Good points lads, I agree with the points ye made:

-earlier time slot
-another pundit
-team lineups ( and discussion of same )

I think if it was an hour long show then there should be a focus on one club a week, to give an insight to their progress and what that club is trying to do in the short and long term.

Éanna
28/11/2002, 9:38 AM
Originally posted by A face
I think if it was an hour long show then there should be a focus on one club a week, to give an insight to their progress and what that club is trying to do in the short and long term.
Good idea. Maybe they could do something like what they tried on the soccer show before as well- profiling the top players to let people get to know them. It´s easy enough to make a star out of someone on TV these days, why not try it with eL players.