PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff

gustavo
15/01/2007, 12:25 PM
Heading over there for a weekend in March
Any good pubs/clubs/restaurants/sights people would reccomend?

Dodge
15/01/2007, 12:54 PM
I had one of he worst weekends ever there. Stayed with a mate who lived there and every pub we wnet into had someone puking, scrapping or ****ing. Not much to see during the day. Highlight was probably tour of Millenium stadium.

gustavo
15/01/2007, 1:28 PM
Thanks Dodge , I think!

Schumi
15/01/2007, 2:09 PM
Definitely go to the Millenium Stadium, amazing place. I was in Cardiff for the Heineken Cup final last year, it seemed a bit grotty but then it was full of culchies for the day so might be nicer usually. :D

dcfc1985
17/01/2007, 8:18 PM
Nice wee place called Porthcawl, little seaside town i stayed in for the Fa cup final last year..not too far from cardiff (i think):confused:

A short train ride to bridgend, then taxi it to porthcawl. Sorry dont know much about cardiff though! Go on the liverpool forum, they have been there enough times!;)

Soper
17/01/2007, 8:38 PM
Cardiff, Cardiff, Cardiff.What to do...

Apart from the castle and the stadium, nothing much else to do.

The museum is a few minutes walk from the main shopping street, if art interests you in any way.

Cardiff Bay is worth a stroll.See the Millenium centre, and the assembly, and that penile like monument thing from that programme 'Torchwood'.It's not a long walk although you can get a train or 'bendy-bus' there in a couple of minutes.

The pubs/clubs are all of a muchness, so all I can do is recommend you don't go to a place called 'Metros'.You'll thank me for it.Bar Risa(infront of millenium stadium) and Clwb Ifor Bach(down a lane across from the castle) are both good enough, but Clwb is more of a music place(with live bands, as opposed to risa and it's generic clarance toonz).

There's a few Portuguese, Italian and other type restraunts around, all are central so you should see them when browsing, because it's not a big place at all.(I've probably been lost more times in Sligo).

And, if you're into rock or indie music, make sure you check out Spillers Records.Oldest record shop in the world, and cheap.

I hope that helps

Raheny Red
19/01/2007, 1:10 PM
Heading over there for a weekend in March
Any good pubs/clubs/restaurants/sights people would reccomend?

Jason Byrne :cool:

:D

gustavo
19/01/2007, 1:13 PM
Cheers lads

Jason Byrne
Heh maybe he will be spending most of his time in the pubs/clubs/restaurants ,.Glad to see you have faith in him:D

pete
19/01/2007, 2:16 PM
Only been there a couple of times on Munster bandwagon. Accomodation almost impssible on match weekends & only realised last week what a dump the place is during the day.

WeAreRovers
19/01/2007, 2:56 PM
Stop dissing Cardiff heathens, it's a great town - then again I like Middlesbrough so what do I know? ;)

KOH