PDA

View Full Version : FM07 - Players Stats/Positions Changes?

Tazskool
15/01/2007, 10:01 AM
Ok... This will take a while to get right and depending on how vast the figures are some "may" be changed whilst some may not..

Remember this is NOT a slanging match as EVERYONES views are different on players and some may rate a player better than others..

In this I am just trying to get a good idea of the vast differences that need doing.

Bear in mind these stats are compared to EVERYONE in the rest of FM07.. so think before you answer.. If I say that player A is under-rated and deserves a 18 for shooting.. is he really as good as RVN or other World Class strikers?

Also is a players position need to be changed/added?

I might not change the "visable" ratings of a player within FM but i may change is PA and CA ratings
PA -Potential Ability -means with the right training he can become alot better..
CA - Current Ability - if FM07 has to generate his stats randomly he will be made slightly better (in simple terms)

I think the first players that need to be looked at are the "team of the season" kinda awards.. are these players to that standard in FM07?

Aaron
16/01/2007, 10:20 PM
Mark Farren, Barry Molloy, Patrick McCourt and Peter Hutton of Derry City are all highly underrated in FM07. Each of them should go up a notch. I'd say Farren would have better potential to be a good player rather than putting his stats up. Also his speed should be about 17. Barry Molloy and Patrick McCourts attributes should be up a notch or two, they are both quality players. As for Peter Hutton, he is also hugley underrated. His stats IMO should go up a few notches also. Joe Gamble of Cork City is a terrific player in real life so i think he should be improved a little. Paul Keegan is in the same boat as Gamble, a great player who should be a little better in the game. Alan Murphy of Galway, his stats should be up one notch. Darren Quigley and Conor Sammon of UCD should be up a notch also. Quigley is being chased by several Scottish and English clubs, so his stats should be a little higher. Sammon has great potential so i reckon his potential should be increased rather than his stats. Paul McTiernan of Athlone deserves to go up a notch.

BohsPartisan
16/01/2007, 10:29 PM
Bohs: Dessie Byrne, Jason McGuinness, Mark O Brien, Sean Cooney:eek: are highly over-rated.
Stephen Rice somewhat over-rated.
And Vinney Arkins!!! IRL he's retiring now and he was rubbish last season but in CM I had him up until 2008 (got a grand off waterford for him and he retired 6 months later! :D ) and he was still scoring goals.

Irish Fan
17/01/2007, 8:56 AM
Here are my beliefs

Cork:
Improve Joe Gamble (Best center mid in the league, improve work rate, stamina and passing) , Roy O Donavan (must improve pace quickest player in the league), Alan Bennett (Top central def improve awareness and tackling)

Bohs
Improve John Paul Kelly (More flair and better passing)

Drogheda
Improve Paul Keegan (One of the best young player in the league), Graham Gartland (Improve good Center Back) Brian Shelly (Underated player in general) Stewy Byrne (Top center mid)

Derry City
Improve Ciaran Martyn (Great midfielder good creativity and passing good work rate also) Mark Farren (One of our best strikers) Pat McCourt (The New George Best) Darren Kelly (Best CB in the league last year improve tackling and awarness also ball control) Barry Molloy (Must be improved work rate and stamina) Kevin Derry (Great player)
Also would like to see Higgins, Brennan, Mc Callion & Mc Glynn potential improve also future stars of the league

UCD
Improve Gary Dicker (Under age international a lot of across the water interest) Darren Quigley (Under age international also and again also a lot of interest parties) Conor Sammon (Good potential)

Shels
Ha

St Patricks
Improve Micheal Foley (Great player good skill and creativity), Gary O Neill (Great workrate and good finishing)

Shamrock Rovers
In general a lot of there players potential should improve great young squad best player being Aidan Price (good CB improve influence and tackling and composure)
Robbie Clarke (Great full back very consistent a lot of potential) Ger O Brien (One of the best full backs in the league) Eric Mc Gill (A lot of potential) and Ger Rowe (Has found his feet and Rovers a lot of workrate and pace)

Taz I still feel that the players of the league in general are still underrated I think its more all the player than just certain individuals anyways I hope the above helps keep up the GREAT work! Oh yeah the logos and maybe a face pack sounds great!

Hitman
17/01/2007, 10:28 AM
A few positional change suggestions for Cork City:
Cillian Lordan was used as a right midfielder on several occasions last season.
Admir Softic should probably be defensive midfield as a secondary position rather than left back/wingback.
Brian O' Callaghan was occasionally used as a defensive midfielder.
It's also probably fair to say that Roy O' Donovan's best position should be changed to attacker.

Aaron
17/01/2007, 8:06 PM
Here are my beliefs

Cork:
Improve Joe Gamble (Best center mid in the league, improve work rate, stamina and passing) , Roy O Donavan (must improve pace quickest player in the league), Alan Bennett (Top central def improve awareness and tackling)

Bohs
Improve John Paul Kelly (More flair and better passing)

Drogheda
Improve Paul Keegan (One of the best young player in the league), Graham Gartland (Improve good Center Back) Brian Shelly (Underated player in general) Stewy Byrne (Top center mid)

Derry City
Improve Ciaran Martyn (Great midfielder good creativity and passing good work rate also) Mark Farren (One of our best strikers) Pat McCourt (The New George Best) Darren Kelly (Best CB in the league last year improve tackling and awarness also ball control) Barry Molloy (Must be improved work rate and stamina) Kevin Derry (Great player)
Also would like to see Higgins, Brennan, Mc Callion & Mc Glynn potential improve also future stars of the league

UCD
Improve Gary Dicker (Under age international a lot of across the water interest) Darren Quigley (Under age international also and again also a lot of interest parties) Conor Sammon (Good potential)

Shels
Ha

St Patricks
Improve Micheal Foley (Great player good skill and creativity), Gary O Neill (Great workrate and good finishing)

Shamrock Rovers
In general a lot of there players potential should improve great young squad best player being Aidan Price (good CB improve influence and tackling and composure)
Robbie Clarke (Great full back very consistent a lot of potential) Ger O Brien (One of the best full backs in the league) Eric Mc Gill (A lot of potential) and Ger Rowe (Has found his feet and Rovers a lot of workrate and pace)

Taz I still feel that the players of the league in general are still underrated I think its more all the player than just certain individuals anyways I hope the above helps keep up the GREAT work! Oh yeah the logos and maybe a face pack sounds great!

A fair assessment, some of them i mentioned. Also liked your Shels assessment:D :D

pineapple stu
17/01/2007, 10:57 PM
Haven't seen the game or the stats, but with regards Conor Sammon, his dribbling and hold-up play is excellent, positioning is good but his shooting and heading tends to be very weak. He tends to poach goals rather than, say, head them or shoot from distance. He did end up as our top scorer with 8 last season, which did compare fairly favourably to others around.

gustavo
18/01/2007, 8:49 AM
One thing i noticed about John O'Flynn is that his best stat appears to be natural fitness , which is 16 . I doubt too many Cork City fans would agree with that.Illl look at the Sligo Rovers squad again at the weekend to see if any changes are needed.

Irish Fan
18/01/2007, 3:37 PM
Fair play Gustavo that would be great help for Taz. If you get a chance this weekend try have a look at few clubs in the league and that would be a big help then you can give more feedback on more clubs and more players.

Well done Gus

Tazskool
23/01/2007, 8:34 AM
cheers guys so far.. i have all this listed to change a few things on these players.. you may not notice a huge increase cause I might adjust the figures behind the scences as well for them so if you trian them right they progress quicker ;)

I hope to get my hands on the DB at the end of the Jan transfer window and we hope to release it in the first week of Feb :)

Tazskool
03/02/2007, 7:20 PM
I have made all the adjustments listed above into the DB :)

Some of the players have had their CA and PA adjusted by about 15-20 ;)
I have also upped some of the reps for players who have done well last season that are listed above..

Shelsman
13/02/2007, 1:10 PM
Here are my beliefs

Cork:
!

Would agree about Bennett but he's obviously a Reading player now. Should also include with Gamble and O'Donovan that both have a habit of getting sent off ( seriously ).

Here are my beliefs

I only have FIFA Manager 06 but must say that the valuation of most players is much too low. Getting the club logos would be terrific but also a better layout of the stadiums ( even for just a few like Tolka, Dalyer, Turner's Cross and the Brandywell ) would be a great addition.