PDA

View Full Version : Conundrum....

patsh
26/11/2002, 5:12 PM
If you read what Spillane reported Lennox as saying
" The management team will be judged on their results come the end of the season but qualification for European football will keep them in their jobs"

Lennox does not want to risk a payout on Murphy, yet
there is a very clear message there, I think, that 4 th place or worse means the door for Murphy.
He is here until January at least.

So the question:

Do we want the inter-toto and Liam
or
.......................?;)

pete
26/11/2002, 5:18 PM
I don't think i have to answer that question really...

two seasons withour european football would see the manager sacked in pretty much any of the other 5-6 top clubs in the country & CCFC would not be at the end of that list.

Of course the cruelest joke would be sack Murphy & replace with Patsy or Johnny C.

:rolleyes: :eek: :(

Éanna
26/11/2002, 6:18 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
or
At this stage I´d rather finish out of the european places if it meant murphy going. we´re very unlikely to get the UEFA, and the inter-toto is a joke. Whats the point in getting two euro games, being beaten some crap team from nowhere just so as murphy can hang on.

Ali-G
27/11/2002, 8:55 AM
I had a quick gawk off the echo too last night.
Fact: Murphy is contracted until the end of next season.

One potentially positive thing was Gunther said that if he did leave at the end of this season, he wouldnt be looking for compensation off the club for breach of contract or anything like that. That sounded to me like a man who has decided to call a halt to this sham in January.

Éanna
27/11/2002, 9:56 AM
Originally posted by Ali-G
One potentially positive thing was Gunther said that if he did leave at the end of this season, he wouldnt be looking for compensation off the club for breach of contract or anything like that. That sounded to me like a man who has decided to call a halt to this sham in January.
I´d say you're spot on there.

niamh
28/11/2002, 12:30 PM
Well why would he say.
The guy has to know what the real feelings of the fans are, even if he is not admitting it.

Shed End John
28/11/2002, 3:05 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
So the question:

or

Reckon it has to be Gunther out. If we can be found out 4-1 by the likes of Rovers and Pats (no disrespect intended), just imagine what some of the teams in other established professional leagues would do to us.

Murphy Out Now!!!