PDA

View Full Version : on the subject of banners

dalo
26/11/2002, 2:29 PM
what about one for george and billy. they are two of the most talented guys in the team but contribute eff' all.

george does as much (or as little as noel hartigan). woods is hiding since the bray game

how long more is golden boy (o'flynn) expected to put up with crap service from them two.

so lads what about a banner for george and (dead) woods?

James
26/11/2002, 2:32 PM
why if you feel so strongly about it dont you do it dalo
i feel strongly bout the manager issues so i held up a flag stating this

why dont you like most city fans act on what they apparently so strongly believe, and not call on the net for change yet expect others to do it for them ??

dalo
26/11/2002, 2:39 PM
ah james come on. less of the "power to the people" thing. am I not allowed to voice a opinion , enjoy my football and make a few critical observations. do we all have to be fanatics.

besides my girlfreind and mates wouldn't ever sit next to me at a city game ever again.

.:D

just amazes me how george gets away from criticism all the time

Shed End John
26/11/2002, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by dalo
just amazes me how george gets away from criticism all the time

George escapes criticism because, as clearly as the nose on your face, he is played WAY out of position. George is an attacking midfield player, yet, inexplicably Gunther insists on playing him up front. To people who've watched soccer for ANY length of time, it's clear that strikers and midfielders have totally different instincts. Just by way of illustration, how often when Gunther plays George up front do you see him drift back into midfield? Every time without fail is the answer, and yet the stupidity continues.

Murphy Out Now!!!

dalo
26/11/2002, 2:51 PM
the fact that george is a lazy sh**t surely hasn't anything to do with it either.

what about woods so?

Éanna
26/11/2002, 2:52 PM
Originally posted by dalo
what about one for george and billy. they are two of the most talented guys in the team but contribute eff' all.

george does as much (or as little as noel hartigan). woods is hiding since the bray game

how long more is golden boy (o'flynn) expected to put up with crap service from them two.

so lads what about a banner for george and (dead) woods?
no need to be facetious :)

pete
26/11/2002, 4:52 PM
Billy has been carried by the team in recent weeks but I cannot understand your criticism of George - sure hes played some bad games recently has had some great game like in Bray.