PDA

View Full Version : League Cup Results

higgins
14/01/2007, 1:59 PM
Would anybody know where I could find a list of League Cup results, with goalscorers, involving Shels and going back as far as possible ?

Is any of the information from the league cup documented anywhere on the web ?

The rsssf info is good but doesn't mention goalscorers.

CollegeTillIDie
14/01/2007, 3:55 PM
higgins

Old issues of the Soccer Magazine from 1985 to 2000 should be available in the National Library of Ireland and some other libraries.

The Soccer reporter from the late 1970's till 1984.

Plus you have the books produced by Cork City fans Dave Galvin and Gerry Desmond covering 1990-1994. They'll give you a start in a non internet way. Not sure of any websites

DmanDmythDledge
14/01/2007, 4:44 PM
Try www.soccerbot.com

dcfcsteve
14/01/2007, 9:52 PM
Would anybody know where I could find a list of League Cup results, with goalscorers, involving Shels and going back as far as possible ?

Is any of the information from the league cup documented anywhere on the web ?

The rsssf info is good but doesn't mention goalscorers.

You working on the Shels obituary already......? :D

;)

higgins
16/01/2007, 4:34 PM
Thanks for the info.
Bas***d of a competition to find results for!

centre mid
16/01/2007, 4:45 PM
Maybe a long shot but would the fai not have records maybe an e-mail pleading for results??

failing that if your registerd with unison you may be able to get past reports - but thats a real longshot

Jerry The Saint
16/01/2007, 5:12 PM
Maybe a long shot but would the fai not have records maybe an e-mail pleading for results??

You would hope so - seeing as they were included in the on-field ranking points and were partially responsible for Galway going up and unleashing the Maxi McAllister phenomenon on an unsuspecting Xmas tree.

A lot of people here supported the FAI method of choosing Premier teams but I can't see how ANYONE could defend the use of League Cup results from 4 seasons ago, no matter how small a difference it would make to the overall standings. I seem to recall that maximum League Cup points were awarded to the winner with 1 point fewer awarded depending on the round you were knocked out. Can anyone confirm this - I think I must have taken it up wrong:confused: It doesn't seem at all likely that anyone would think this was a good idea.

charliesboots
17/01/2007, 10:03 AM
You would hope so - seeing as they were included in the on-field ranking points and were partially responsible for Galway going up and unleashing the Maxi McAllister phenomenon on an unsuspecting Xmas tree.

A lot of people here supported the FAI method of choosing Premier teams but I can't see how ANYONE could defend the use of League Cup results from 4 seasons ago, no matter how small a difference it would make to the overall standings. I seem to recall that maximum League Cup points were awarded to the winner with 1 point fewer awarded depending on the round you were knocked out. Can anyone confirm this - I think I must have taken it up wrong:confused: It doesn't seem at all likely that anyone would think this was a good idea.

iT'S A FARCE!!!

Dodge
17/01/2007, 10:10 AM
Higgins, any Shels fan with a decent programme collection should be able to sort that out for you.

higgins
17/01/2007, 2:03 PM
I have a lot of the programmes but I just can't find most results from 99 and before. A lot of the LC games around that time didn't seem to have a programme. The early group games more or less went with a team sheet.

I was able to get my heads on LC Results from unison and other website news articles along with all the programmes I have (most going back to 95) but there a few fixtures and results I just can't find.