PDA

View Full Version : Hdtv?

anto1208
14/01/2007, 12:15 PM
Im thinking of getting a new tv it will probibly be a plasma as its very difficult to find a good old fashioned proper telly these days . now what id like to know is whats the best on the market is it the sony bravia or are the cheaper ones just as good ,also what should i be looking out for resolution etc ?

it will be mainly used with my xbox 360 so it needs to have a high pixel refresh rate which the old plasmas couldnt handle have the HD ones sorted this ?

thinking of a 32" , i have a 33" "old style " one at the momment is it worth changing .

Dodge
14/01/2007, 1:38 PM
Don't forget to get any benefit of HDTV you need a HDYV providor. At the moment Sky is the only one. It won't improve your pricture without that

anto1208
14/01/2007, 3:02 PM
Don't forget to get any benefit of HDTV you need a HDYV providor. At the moment Sky is the only one. It won't improve your pricture without that

That will come after its mainly for the xbox which is HD ready

geysir
15/01/2007, 12:59 AM
Im thinking of getting a new tv it will probibly be a plasma as its very difficult to find a good old fashioned proper telly these days . now what id like to know is whats the best on the market is it the sony bravia or are the cheaper ones just as good ,also what should i be looking out for resolution etc ?
it will be mainly used with my xbox 360 so it needs to have a high pixel refresh rate which the old plasmas couldnt handle have the HD ones sorted this ?
thinking of a 32" , i have a 33" "old style " one at the momment is it worth changing .
If it's 32" then its LCD not Plasma that you'd be checking out.
For the price Samsung is my choice.
They have a 32" model with an enhanced games mode, should do the trick.

Monkfish
15/01/2007, 2:08 AM
Got a sharp 21" LCD flat screen in dunnes for e370 (same one in harvey normans for e480!)for the xbox 360 in my room, cant complain, it tuned in all the channels itself in about 3 minutes, result! think they were doing a phillips 42" aswell for around e13/1400.

Peadar
15/01/2007, 8:33 AM
For the price Samsung is my choice.

I've been looking at various brands and have to say that I'm impressed with the Samsung models. I've had some Samsung products before and they're all very well engineered. They've never let me down.