PDA

View Full Version : Derek Geary

Diarmo
13/01/2007, 6:29 PM
He's playing at left back for Sheffield Utd at the moment. Doing decently in the Premiership. Surely he deserves a call for the San Marino game, give him a run. Might sort out that problem position for us. What ya think?

republicofwhite
13/01/2007, 6:35 PM
See: "The Quinn Brothers" for further details, entertainment and more...

carloz
13/01/2007, 7:02 PM
From watching him i would think he would only be a short term answer for us, in the mould of Alan Maybury a few years ago. I wouldnt get excited about him

irishfan86
14/01/2007, 3:19 AM
I think he's a good squad option for sure, and since he's playing at left back regularly in the Premiership he's got to have extra value.

One thing that does bother me is that he is naturally a right back, but I haven't seen him struggle in the matches I've seen, I'd say he's impressed me even.

Great work ethic, and he likes to join in the attack. Playing well on the left side with Stephen Quinn, good chemistry there.

pete
15/01/2007, 12:14 PM
Doesn't look that good. Lightweigh. Seen highlights of Sheffield United v Swansea in the FA Cup & all 3 goals were conceeded on his side of the pitch including a ludicrous "tackle" to give away a penalty.

OwlsFan
15/01/2007, 1:13 PM
Derek Geary did ok for Wednesday when they were in Division One. He scampers around the place and has some pace but he is NOT an international player. That said I am struggling to think of an international class left place who plays for us at the moment. Also in a small Irish team as it is, do we want another midget :p in the team?

NeilMcD
15/01/2007, 1:36 PM
I think this is one area (left back) where we should certainly not just concentrage on the English league for players.

youngirish
15/01/2007, 2:02 PM
Try Darren O'Dea there against San Marino. It should be a no brainer. He can play left back. Geary is t*ss. No better than O'Shea even.

cavan_fan
15/01/2007, 2:12 PM
I think this is one area (left back) where we should certainly not just concentrage on the English league for players.

Absolutely

Though saldy it doesnt appear there is a stand out home based player. On the idea af playing O'Dea there, I'd rather see him introduced in his natural position (although they could almost play me at LB against San Marino and still win).

Soper
15/01/2007, 2:22 PM
There were two stand out players at left back here, unfortunately they are gone to Scotland now.