PDA

View Full Version : Money from Jayos sale

centre mid
12/01/2007, 12:48 PM
Presuming that he goes to Cardiff, how quickly do we recieve our slice of the cake?, if Shels are in serious trouble financially is there any chance that we wont get what is contractually ours from any sale?? or is he going on a free on the basis that he may be able to get contract anulled ?

BrayUnknowns
12/01/2007, 2:08 PM
AFAIK the sell on clause was 50%, that is stated in the contract signed by Shels so if there is any fee involved we will get half of it. But that's the thing, will there be a fee involved ? nothing what it should be like i would presume, Dillion just went for 20k and Ryan the same i think so i would be very surprised if Byrne went for the prices being touted over the last few seasons (250/300k).

If Shels do get a fee from the transfer and they don't pay up then it'll end up in court, not a place Shels will want to be again, so i can't see there being any problems from Shels really.

But will the move even go through ? http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=441177

John83
12/01/2007, 2:56 PM
I read somewhere that Shels haven't paid Longford fully for Dillon, so I wouldn't assume you'll get your money too handy.

superfrank
12/01/2007, 5:35 PM
Any fee for Jayo will be nominal. Cardiff have all the aces really.

If Shels want a fee, it can only be small cos I'm sure Cardiff are fully aware of the financial trouble Shels are in and they'll squeeze them for every penny. AFAIK, Cardiff aren't a well off club themselves.

Of course they could just wait a few weeks for the courts to decide that all the Shels players are free aganets and lose Jayo for nothing.

I doubt we'll make much, if anything, out of the deal.

pete
12/01/2007, 7:11 PM
If Shels want a fee, it can only be small cos I'm sure Cardiff are fully aware of the financial trouble Shels are in and they'll squeeze them for every penny. AFAIK, Cardiff aren't a well off club themselves.

If Cardiff are interested & think other clubs sniffing around they may offer nominal fee for quick deal. I would say could be waiting a very long time to get Ollie to pass on any cash based on his track record. Surely illegal anyway...

Ironically a large sell on percentage may have discouraged Shesl from selling him during the summer so ultimately ye missed out on extra cash.

BrayUnknowns
12/01/2007, 7:13 PM
Ironically a large sell on percentage may have discouraged Shesl from selling him during the summer so ultimately ye missed out on extra cash.

Spot on, Ollie was quoted as saying that at one stage during the summer when clubs were enquiring about Jayo

Seagull
15/01/2007, 9:11 PM
Well, according to Aertel he's gone to Cardiff for an 'undisclosed fee'. I wonder where that leaves Wanderers?

tippex
15/01/2007, 9:18 PM
probably in the same position as everyone else on the ever growing creditors list.

Does anyone know what the proceedure for the transfer is? i.e. standard payment of contractual clauses to other clubs etc

Surely there should be a central body where a transfer fee would be lodged and they would divide it up as stated in the contracts. Probably the only way clubs will get the money in a timely fashion from transfer sell on clauses.

BrayUnknowns
16/01/2007, 11:02 AM
The star reckons were due about 30k from the move.......

Macy
16/01/2007, 11:11 AM
However, it's being reported in Cardiff as a stg£125,000. Ollie up to his usual tricks?

BrayUnknowns
16/01/2007, 2:06 PM
Means even more for us so, i'm not to worried at this stage abou6 it though because we will get what we are due.

joeSoap
16/01/2007, 2:33 PM
I've got a mate working in the PFA in London and she tells me that the fee agreed was just over £105,000 stg.

Grasshopper 99
16/01/2007, 4:16 PM
Shelbourne have received 150,000euro from Cardiff. If what i heard is true Bray are due half of this means 75,000euro, but we all know what Ollie is like with money these days, so it could be a while before we see a cent of this.

What should we do with it when we get it, try start a Kilkenny style stand behind the goal or put a roof over the exsiting seats??

centre mid
16/01/2007, 4:21 PM
If and when we do get money from Shels, should we not invest the money into the team, grants are available from the FAI, Sports Council etc for ground improvements and what we need to do is invest the money on players

tippex
16/01/2007, 4:26 PM
definately invest it in a couple of players.

We need a decent young up and coming striker.

Seagull
16/01/2007, 8:32 PM
Funny the picture of Jayo on the Cardiff City website is of him in the Wanderers green and white striped NTL jersey!

Grasshopper 99
16/01/2007, 8:54 PM
if we invest all our money in players, we could end up like Shels, it would just take a longer time as were part time. We have up and coming strikers in O'Shea and Broderick.

BrayUnknowns
20/01/2007, 10:20 PM
Delighted to see Jayo score the winner on his Debut today, hopefully he can get a good few more before the end of the season, prove all his doubters wrong !

Seagull
21/01/2007, 4:41 PM
prove all his doubters wrong !
All his doubters :confused:

BrayUnknowns
22/01/2007, 8:19 AM
Yep, the people who don't rate Byrne and think he will fail playing for Cardiff

Seagull
22/01/2007, 3:20 PM
Yep, the people who don't rate Byrne and think he will fail playing for Cardiff
I haven't read that anywhere, am I missing something?

BrayUnknowns
22/01/2007, 4:12 PM
See the Jason Byrne/ Cardiff thread, or any other threads about best goal scorers etc.... a lot of people think he is very over rated

"Jason Byrne is worse than useless when he's lacking in confidence, which happens fairly often." posted by JW, a Galway fan.

Reply to that was

"Fair point". posted by City till i die, a Derry fan.

Seagull
23/01/2007, 5:26 PM
See the Jason Byrne/ Cardiff thread, or any other threads about best goal scorers etc.... a lot of people think he is very over rated

"Jason Byrne is worse than useless when he's lacking in confidence, which happens fairly often." posted by JW, a Galway fan.

Reply to that was

"Fair point". posted by City till i die, a Derry fan.
Some people...:eek: