PDA

View Full Version : County recruit keeper

steno
11/01/2007, 7:25 PM
The latest addition to the County squad for the new season is 24 year-old goalkeeper Austin O’Neill. O’Neill’s most recent club was Limerick FC where he kept goal for the second half of the season and made a big impression.

http://www.kildarecountyfc.com/news/news-details.asp?NewsID=821

Well we needed a keeper and gael353 did mention that County had signed a Limerick Dublin based player in the Limerick section.

Made 14 appearances last season, pulled off a couple of decent saves in the County V Limerick game at Station Road.

pineapple stu
11/01/2007, 8:27 PM
Ah Austin O'Neill!

UCD signed him from Bohs in 2003 - Paul Doolin's last signing, I think. He went straight into the team, conceded six goals in three games (though I didn't think he was actually that bad, and then got dropped for Pat Jennings in Pete Mahon's first game in charge. O'Neill stormed out of the dressing room and I didn't hear a word about him until he turned up at Limerick last season. Saved a penalty on his debut, I think.

Should do a job, I'd say.

dapman1
12/01/2007, 9:02 AM
He played well against us at station road last year when limerick came and decided that they didnt fancy running too much, so they all stayed in the own 18 yard box. He was busy that day, might prove to be the signing that we needed.

Lim till i die
12/01/2007, 10:04 AM
Excellent Keeper

Will do a good job for ye :ball:

Henry14
18/01/2007, 10:43 PM
Just need a decent keeper coach to work with the two lads now.
Last season was a joke.. Kennedy slaughtering the other keepers to keep their confidence low. Ah well we will see...
:p