PDA

View Full Version : Junior League Star Signing?

The Stars
11/01/2007, 3:31 PM
Rumours doing the rounds are that a former Rovers player who currently plys in the Super League could be signing back.
It is depending on him improving his fitness though,which should give you a clue as to who it is.

SligoBrewer
11/01/2007, 3:32 PM
ciaran kelly?

Only1Rovers
11/01/2007, 3:33 PM
Glen Shannon. ha

The Stars
11/01/2007, 3:34 PM
apparently so....if he got fit he would be a great player,is good as it is but think he has to lose 2 stone

Red&White Rover
11/01/2007, 3:37 PM
apparently so....if he got fit he would be a great player,is good as it is but think he has to lose 2 stone

he's way too big...quality player, but just massive...

Only1Rovers
11/01/2007, 3:38 PM
Glen can play, but cant see him lousing the weight. He'd want to be training day-in-day-out, cant see it happening.

DonalE
11/01/2007, 4:52 PM
More than 2 stone i'd say but could do a job

feo123
11/01/2007, 7:44 PM
look at foy....he done well last season i know he isnt as big as glen but still

avvenalaf
11/01/2007, 10:30 PM
This could be true - Midget hasn't heard it !!

red bellied
11/01/2007, 10:38 PM
Well according to Shannon all he has today is lose the weight and he is in the squad. The Farmer has also been talking to seven other junior players so that adds up to eight all together.

Shedzer
11/01/2007, 10:56 PM
ye are ****ing me.. Shannon!!!!!!! hahahah... joke

SRFC Head
12/01/2007, 10:01 AM
He was a quality player for our St Edwards NS football and Gaelic teams... If he went fulltime maybe he could do a job, but it could take a few months to get there.

akearins
12/01/2007, 10:14 AM
Heard last evening Rogers is signing form shels and we may be getting one more Shels player....Also after Tuesdays meeting which the first hour was dominated by supporters arguing the case for local players, seems theer may be still a posibility O'Grady might yet be a Rovers player for 2007.....

red metal
12/01/2007, 11:57 AM
There is no way shannon is going back to Rovers!But i can tell you you he was very keen on Abbey Capt Paddy Conlon

Only1Rovers
12/01/2007, 2:15 PM
Paddy conlon would be in with a shout alright.

red bellied
12/01/2007, 3:29 PM
The Farmer will be at the game on Sunday.

red bellied
12/01/2007, 3:39 PM
Was at a couple before the Christmas involving Abbey and Glenview I think.

The Stars
12/01/2007, 3:54 PM
Was at a couple before the Christmas involving Abbey and Glenview I think.

should have spotted Gino so,was up on trial 2 seasons ago and was going ot sign but then went to Cork,was all set to sign for them until Fat Pat left.
Imagine himself and Choice up front,we would intimidate the opposition anyway.

BrayUnknowns
12/01/2007, 4:05 PM
This lad sounds a little like Keith Foy, and if he can play like that with a bit of weight on him then why not sign him ?

red metal
12/01/2007, 5:13 PM
Has the New Manager been to many Super league matches lads ?

He has been at a couple of Abbey games allright.Whats the point in him coming to games?When most juinor players have full time jobs!Take Paddy Conlon for example he wouldnt leave the army to go full time with the rovers.Its not that the man wouldnt love to it,s the morgage factor!

Rovers1
12/01/2007, 5:28 PM
Heard last evening Rogers is signing form .

did he not sign for dundalk 3 or 4 weeks ago?

betty swollox
13/01/2007, 2:54 PM
ffs are we back to this signing players from the sligo/letrim super league craic?
These same lads mentioned here couldnt cut it when we were mid-table first divison under Tommy Cassidy.
its nice to have the few locals at the club but if were doin well i couldn't care less if the players were from khazikstan.
If I wanted to see local players then id head over to kevinsfort on sunday mornings and watch quayside rovers.

SligoBrewer
13/01/2007, 2:59 PM
ffs are we back to this signing players from the sligo/letrim super league craic?
These same lads mentioned here couldnt cut it when we were mid-table first divison under Tommy Cassidy.
its nice to have the few locals at the club but if were doin well i couldn't care less if the players were from khazikstan.
If I wanted to see local players then id head over to kevinsfort on sunday mornings and watch quayside rovers.

i dont like the idea of them playin...
i havent seen any of them play but im sure that they are no conor ogrady, michael mcnamara or paul mctiernan

the club need locals who can play football..not sunday league

gustavo
13/01/2007, 4:47 PM
i dont like the idea of them playin...
i havent seen any of them play but im sure that they are no conor ogrady, michael mcnamara or paul mctiernan

the club need locals who can play football..not sunday league

the club doesnt need local players , it would just be nice to have locals on board that are good enough , dont forget raf came straight from junior football so its not inconceivable that the talent is out there.

DonalE
13/01/2007, 5:01 PM
There are some talented footballers in the super league,be good to have some more locals on board. Whether they'd be good enough for the first 11 or just squad players remains to be seen but it would bring more people through the gates anyways if they were there. How many people who came last season won't this season because Conor, Michael, Sean and Paul are gone? Probably their families and friends,that could be worth a couple of hundred euro a week at the gate.

DonalE
14/01/2007, 9:59 AM
Some say its Shams,some say its Sligo but Sligonproud knows who the real Rovers are. Keego's f' n magic! :D