PDA

View Full Version : Alan Kirby....

Xlex
25/11/2002, 1:43 PM
Kirby is outta contract this season and if he improves his consistancy a little bit he'll get a new contract... Does any one believe he'll head home if Waterford get promoted??

They would have the makings of a good side if Kirby, Reynolds and Hunt returned home...

Éanna
25/11/2002, 2:07 PM
haven´t you got the options a bit confused there xlex?!!!
Shoudln´t it be:

Will Alan Kirby stay if Watherford get promoted?
yes, he's Red and Black now!!
no, the lure of Premier division football at home is too goo to miss

:confused:

Éanna
25/11/2002, 2:08 PM
I reckon he´ll head back at some stage regardless.

Pauro 76
25/11/2002, 2:48 PM
i reckon he’ll go, if Waterford had won that cup semi-final against us 2001, he’d still be with Blues. will Waterford be able to afford him though?

Xlex
25/11/2002, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
will Waterford be able to afford him though?

He's not that well paid, is he?? Considering the town sorted out work for him...

Xlex
25/11/2002, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
if Waterford had won that cup semi-final against us 2001

Notorious dive... we needed two peno's... that said the lads, Reynolds and Kirby, came to Flancare because of the atmosphere there that night, which was the best ever and was never repeated again, and probably, will never be again...

Macy
25/11/2002, 3:48 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
He's not that well paid, is he?? Considering the town sorted out work for him...

Maybe not by the town, but he's essentially full time considering the job he has got with Flancare...... Sod him if he goes - we've done okay without Judas Macca and Judas Stuey, and he wouldn't be considered as good as them......

Xlex
25/11/2002, 3:51 PM
He's still usefull enough... but hey we'll replace him...

Macy
25/11/2002, 4:01 PM
He's still usefull enough... but hey we'll replace him...

There's others I'd be more worried about if they're on short term contracts..... eg Fergie, Avery, Brian Byrne, Dillon, etc....

Xlex
25/11/2002, 4:25 PM
Originally posted by Macy

There's others I'd be more worried about if they're on short term contracts..... eg Fergie, Avery, Brian Byrne, Dillon, etc....

Brian Byrne is on a three season contract... In general, players signed on a Bosman are usually signed on a one year contract...

I think the only way to hold on to lads is to give them a passionate vocal help in the terraces...

The bones of our team on contracts are Brian Byrne, Sean Francis and of course Eric Lavine... the rest will fall into place especially if we sign a decent midfielder/ right sided player... we'll get the killer instint if we keep them lads together...

Macy
26/11/2002, 8:39 AM
the rest will fall into place especially if we sign a decent midfielder/ right sided player... we'll get the killer instint if we keep them lads together...

Hmmmmm - You mean to replace Kirby whether he stays or not?

Xlex
26/11/2002, 8:49 AM
Well he never had any competition for his place. I reckon he was fairly effective in the Rovers game... I think next season will be a exciting season... even more players coming home and we'll REAP a winger or two and a central midfielder... Happy days...

Sean Francis won't be the last decent player in...