PDA

View Full Version : Rimini Meet Up

Pages : [1] 2

RogerMilla
10/01/2007, 1:37 PM
Will we make this irish pub " The Barge" our headquarters then?
Anyone arrive there on the tuesday night?

samabu92
10/01/2007, 1:50 PM
Will we make this irish pub " The Barge" our headquarters then?
Anyone arrive there on the tuesday night?

It sounds like it will be HQ. Arriving tuesday night from stansted at 2200. Will be late by time we get to Rimini. Have to sort that out yet.

RogerMilla
10/01/2007, 1:53 PM
there are 4 of us so we will cab it i reckon , we get in earlier in the day so we'll make sure the barge is well stocked
i might e-mail them actually info@thebarge.it

SuperDave
10/01/2007, 2:29 PM
any news of kick off time yet? our plane lands in ancona at 13:10 and we'd hope to be at the hostel about 330 (we're hiring a car). i'd imagine any bus would be leaving at about 5 or 6 to get to the ground a while before the match, assuming it's a 730 kick off. though if they plan to charge us more than e20 i think we'll just drive up and sort parking ourselves.

Mento
10/01/2007, 2:47 PM
think the barge will be the place to be alright.
staying monday night in venice and travel to rimini early tuesday.

i will be in the barge next week on reccie mission so ill bully them into opening early and stocking up!

Sligo Hornet
10/01/2007, 2:48 PM
any news of kick off time yet? our plane lands in ancona at 13:10 and we'd hope to be at the hostel about 330 (we're hiring a car). i'd imagine any bus would be leaving at about 5 or 6 to get to the ground a while before the match, assuming it's a 730 kick off. though if they plan to charge us more than e20 i think we'll just drive up and sort parking ourselves.

As far as I had heard ( but not confirmed ) kick-off was to be 6.30pm

SuperDave
10/01/2007, 2:52 PM
As far as I had heard ( but not confirmed ) kick-off was to be 6.30pm

italy time or ireland time? our flight land 13:10 italy time, so allowing 2hrs to travel the 60odd kms, all will be well (including a delay factor of say 1 hr etc etc). all should be well.

Sligo Hornet
10/01/2007, 2:59 PM
italy time or ireland time? our flight land 13:10 italy time, so allowing 2hrs to travel the 60odd kms, all will be well (including a delay factor of say 1 hr etc etc). all should be well.

Italy time....but again Dave, this is not confirmed!.....anyone else have any CONCRETE information?:confused:

Bomb Landsdowne
10/01/2007, 3:04 PM
how many fans are we going to bring?

Sligo Hornet
10/01/2007, 3:17 PM
how many fans are we going to bring?

All three of Us!!:D

NOLANone
10/01/2007, 3:22 PM
I would guess 700 - 1000 fans? I had heard that our ticket allocation has not been fully taken up. Some reasons for this could be that money is tight for many fans after the expense of Christmas, match is mid week and means getting more time off work, apparent underperformance of the team at the minute etc.......

Myself and my friend booked a few days ago. Travelling with 747 Travel and staying at the Grand Hotel de Londres in Rimini. We arrive on the Tuesday morning and return to Dublin late Thursday evening. Does anyone have travel plans matching this exactly? Anytime I ask at 747 Travel if there is much interest in this trip from their regulars they are cagey and say it is showing below average interest.

RogerMilla
10/01/2007, 3:49 PM
nice one mento , get them to put a band on the tuesday night as well if you can !!

AidoM
10/01/2007, 4:01 PM
think the barge will be the place to be alright.
staying monday night in venice and travel to rimini early tuesday.

i will be in the barge next week on reccie mission so ill bully them into opening early and stocking up!

Whatever about opening early it'll be important that they stay open late as well:eek: :D

Mento
10/01/2007, 5:04 PM
nice one mento , get them to put a band on the tuesday night as well if you can !!

Website says there is bands all the time, but its out of season now so we will ask when there.
i shall be signing myself on the tuesday night after a skin full of beer however, any requests?

Paulie
10/01/2007, 5:29 PM
i might e-mail them actually info@thebarge.it

I sent them an email a week or so ago to find out if they were open at this time of year, are they opening early on the Tuesday and Wednesday etc. but the email was returned as their mailbox was full. It looks like it's up to Mento to find out what the story is!

Babysis
10/01/2007, 6:07 PM
There are a good few of us on the early morning flight from STansted to Bologna, and then we are travelling down to Rimini - id say a few of us will be up for a meet up:D

Reddladd
10/01/2007, 6:08 PM
So its the Barge on Tuesday evening then. Anyone bringing the oul irish battle music!:D

Mento
10/01/2007, 6:23 PM
It says on a web site that the barge is open all year round, but closed on mondays during winter. Happy days if true.

Green Tribe
10/01/2007, 6:43 PM
The Barge (13 Lungomare Tintori. Tel. 0541 22685) Good beer and a distinctly Irish atmosphere characterise this pub next to the sea, near Rimini's most famous bathing beach. In summer, look out for the Harley-Davidson parked outside.

or why not here....:eek: :D

Rose & Crown (2 Viale Regina Elena. Tel. 0541 391 398) Italy’s first English-style pub opened in 1964. Over the years it has become the best place on the Adriatic Coast to experience the elements of British culture. Nightly contests run the gamut from bingo to beer drinking. Live music every night (pop, rock, soul, country) from 10pm.

Marina Centro. Picture Miami, South Beach or Ocean Drive? There really is very little difference between these and Rimini. The zone between Beach 24 and the port canal is where the most fashionable places are to be found, especially in summer when most of them are open air. You can start from Key West, move on to the Irish pub The Barge, and poke your head in the Ombelico del Mondo or Coconuts, which is almost identical to the Clevelander in Miami with palm trees and sand. The important thing is to end up at Rock Island, which is a real institution; it offers rock music, beer, and a superb view in all directions from the jetty of Rimini. At this point all you need to do is be sure you don't fall in the water.

http://uk.holidaysguide.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-97396-rimini_entertainment-i

Green Tribe
10/01/2007, 6:45 PM
I would guess 700 - 1000 fans? I had heard that our ticket allocation has not been fully taken up. Some reasons for this could be that money is tight for many fans after the expense of Christmas, match is mid week and means getting more time off work, apparent underperformance of the team at the minute etc.......

Myself and my friend booked a few days ago. Travelling with 747 Travel and staying at the Grand Hotel de Londres in Rimini. We arrive on the Tuesday morning and return to Dublin late Thursday evening. Does anyone have travel plans matching this exactly? Anytime I ask at 747 Travel if there is much interest in this trip from their regulars they are cagey and say it is showing below average interest.

Our group arrive bologna forli tues morning ryanscare. staying in rimini also. accademia hotel/faulty towers :D

RogerMilla
11/01/2007, 7:27 AM
you've sold me on the rose and crown greentribe , no idea what had me thinking of goin to that other place!! ;-)

Green Tribe
11/01/2007, 6:25 PM
you've sold me on the rose and crown greentribe , no idea what had me thinking of goin to that other place!! ;-)

good man! :D

citizenerased
13/01/2007, 7:58 PM
be in rimini for tuesday night as well, there is 5 of us, we will make way for the barge also

joe_barry80
17/01/2007, 7:03 AM
Italy time....but again Dave, this is not confirmed!.....anyone else have any CONCRETE information?:confused:

20:45 local time is kick off http://fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=136&Itemid=127

joe_barry80
17/01/2007, 7:08 AM
This bardge place sounds great from what I can find on the internet it is a live music venue also. But being winter maybe they don't have anything on. Rimini is the Ibiza of Italy so hopefully it doesn't close down to early. Not like that Irish pub in Stuttgart closing a 1am the night before the game. Anyway see you all there

citizenerased
17/01/2007, 11:10 AM
yeah, hopefully none will go thirsty!!!

AidoM
17/01/2007, 11:34 AM

Whatever about opening early it'll be important that they stay open late as well:eek: :D

Website says there is bands all the time, but its out of season now so we will ask when there.
i shall be signing myself on the tuesday night after a skin full of beer however, any requests?

This bardge place sounds great from what I can find on the internet it is a live music venue also. But being winter maybe they don't have anything on. Rimini is the Ibiza of Italy so hopefully it doesn't close down to early. Not like that Irish pub in Stuttgart closing a 1am the night before the game. Anyway see you all there

yeah, hopefully none will go thirsty!!!

Looks like (Hope) Mento will have it all sorted :cool:

Mento
19/01/2007, 1:23 AM
Bad news:

Barge is CLOSED

Good news:

we have a couple of other bars which should do nicely.
Drunk now, sorry, Rimini beer is quality.
More to follow!!

joe_barry80
19/01/2007, 7:18 AM
Bad news:

Barge is CLOSED

Good news:

we have a couple of other bars which should do nicely.
Drunk now, sorry, Rimini beer is quality.
More to follow!!

This sounds typical of a resort town, shutting down for the winter. If there is a couple of bars tell them to stock up on beer. My Aunt gave me a horror story when they were in Malta in 89. They ran out of beer and had to get it shipped in. Don't want to be running dry! Thanks again for doing Recon Mento hope the hangover isn't to bad:eek:

Paulie
19/01/2007, 9:51 AM
Tell them to open early. None of this starting to booze at 9pm lark!

AidoM
19/01/2007, 11:10 AM
Great job Mento, reccie turned out to be even more important as Foot.ie fans and loads of others could have had no central point to go to but now we know we have our best man on the job. Try to get or recommend only one place that can take a big crowd if possible as the craic will be better the less spread out and bigger the crowd.

There could be a good reward in this for you :) (Check your PM :confused: )

Hope the more to follow is info and not booze :eek: (shhhhhhhh..........)

Mento
19/01/2007, 12:15 PM
we had several beverages in the bounty bar, amongst others, last night.

Big pub, excellent drink and the manager was very forthcoming.
He says he WILL open early on the tuesday and wednesday. He said monday as well if people are there.

Bars dont open till 7 over here but he will open at 2 and we have the run of the DJ box, so bring CDs.
We have arranged a sing song session for the tuesday and he said that the bar will close "when all the Irish want it to."

The rose and crown is decent enough and just around the corner, but if i had to choose one spot, the bounty gets my vote.
When guide is done we will get the PDFs sent on to everyone.

Off to San Marino now and then Bologna tonight, more booze,
Bye for now

PS, the pinte pub, across the road from the National hotel will open at 11 in the morning.
We bullied Paulo the manager into doing a deal. 3 euro a lager and 10 per cent off food.
Beers are 4.50 in most bars.

Paulie
19/01/2007, 12:19 PM
Good man Mento. You doing a great job!

joe_barry80
19/01/2007, 12:53 PM
If you need a dj I'll do it. Have a huge collection of cd's. I work in an Irish pub so they have a fair collection of irish music i can bring. I used to Dj in a few places in Dublin. cafe en seine, so su me(dragon Now) and the Capitol lounge. If you want me to do it let me know and tell me your music interests so i don´t miss anybodies tastes.

Sligo Hornet
19/01/2007, 12:57 PM
If you need a dj I'll do it. Have a huge collection of cd's. I work in an Irish pub so they have a fair collection of irish music i can bring. I used to Dj in a few places in Dublin. cafe en seine, so su me(dragon Now) and the Capitol lounge. If you want me to do it let me know and tell me your music interests so i don´t miss anybodies tastes.

I'm sure I read that there was a hell of a lot of calls for Cliff Richard!!:D

joe_barry80
19/01/2007, 1:00 PM
stop now! you have me doubting doing it now

AidoM
19/01/2007, 1:05 PM

I'm sure I read that there was a hell of a lot of calls for Cliff Richard!!:D

So the Bounty it is then- great job Mento

Go for it Joe :D

Keep an eye on the GT BUS thread where requests are being posted. There will will certainly be more time to play them there as the bar will close "when all the Irish want it" - Thursday :eek:

citizenerased
19/01/2007, 1:09 PM
Apart from the barge, wasnt there not another Irish bar in Rimini..Anyway good work Mento fair play..

AidoM
19/01/2007, 3:12 PM
Apart from the barge, wasnt there not another Irish bar in Rimini..Anyway good work Mento fair play..

Citizen,

I think if there was another Irish bar Mento would have found it :D . As the man on the mission I think he's best placed to make the call and would recommend we take his advice. As I said earlier, one central point will mean mor people and the the more people the better the craic.

Don't forget that Mento's negotiated "Irish on tour" opening hours in the Bounty, so let's make his headache worthwhile. :eek: :D

If we agree on the Bounty I think that we might recommend a Mod to amend the thread to alert people that the meet up is now in the Bounty

joe_barry80
21/01/2007, 12:34 AM
Mento anynews on the pub situation in San marino

Green Tribe
21/01/2007, 1:58 PM
whoopie this sounds great, bounty it is!
pity san marino is dead, thank God we're not staying there!!

Mento
21/01/2007, 2:07 PM
Mento anynews on the pub situation in San marino

Nothing in SM im afraid.
Check threads on each area.
2 good choices in rimini but we probably should have one 'official' place

Bounty maybe?

Mento
21/01/2007, 2:10 PM

The Goblin Irish bar is also closed

Green Tribe
21/01/2007, 2:31 PM
The Goblin Irish bar is also closed

Thanks Mento for your help.. I would say the Bounty. :confused:

Babysis
21/01/2007, 8:00 PM
The Bounty sounds good - (I hope they have lots of soft drinks as Im never drinking again!!) I happy to bring along the CD from the bus as a back up option for music

RogerMilla
22/01/2007, 11:55 AM
the bounty it is then
whats the address?? maybe a new thread or put it on the sticky?

Mento
22/01/2007, 12:09 PM
Bounty e mailed me today. They are now opening at 12 on the tuesday and wednesday, happy days.
He also asked would there be many people there on the monday, if so he will open earley.
Any ideas of numbers for the monday?

murtybyrne
22/01/2007, 12:31 PM
Bounty e mailed me today. They are now opening at 12 on the tuesday and wednesday, happy days.
He also asked would there be many people there on the monday, if so he will open earley.

Hey Mento

Thats great to hear, sounds like the best Idea to convein in the Bounty Pre-Kick off!!! Did ya try and chance your arm and ask him to open at 11 like the rose and crown?? Like its seems to be the case from reading most other threads that the Bounty is going the Official Pre-Game Venue????

If thats maybe put to him then he may open at the same time??? If not no bother tis only 1 hour in the difference theres gotta be a off licence somewhere!!!!!!!!!! :D

Paulie
22/01/2007, 12:58 PM

I'd say I'll be there at about 3 or 4 on Tuesday. I doubt if there will be many around for the midday opening that day but I'd say by the middle of the afteroon that there should be a few about.

samabu92
22/01/2007, 2:00 PM
I'd say I'll be there at about 3 or 4 on Tuesday. I doubt if there will be many around for the midday opening that day but I'd say by the middle of the afteroon that there should be a few about.

We wont be in "the Bounty" til after 11 tuesday night, hope they are well stocked up or could be nothing left to drink by then:eek: