PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Doyle

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

ArdeeBhoy
05/02/2012, 9:42 AM
Took his goal well, not before time mind.

Irish_Praha
12/02/2012, 12:20 PM
Maybe the line up on Sportinglife has the order mixed up but it looks likie Mick plans on playing Doyle RMF today.
I'm not sure about that one but it's probably the only way he can have all is best players on the pitch at the same time.

paul_oshea
12/02/2012, 12:34 PM
most of his first choice midfielders are injured

dr_peepee
12/02/2012, 12:59 PM
He's played there before for Wolves and Reading!

micls
12/02/2012, 1:04 PM

And Cork City ;)

Irish_Praha
12/02/2012, 1:22 PM

I know but was pretty uneffective for Reading in the season where he spent a lot of time on the wing.

Anyway it wasn't working out very well and Mick slightly chaged his tactics from 4-4-2 to a 4-2-2-1 and Doyle was involved in the equaliser - although Fletcher did all the work and finished the move.

BonnieShels
13/02/2012, 10:14 PM
Where to in August?

Bayern Munchies
13/02/2012, 10:24 PM
Where to in the summer?

Poland to be top scorer in the Euros :cool:

BonnieShels
13/02/2012, 10:28 PM
Poland to be top scorer in the Euros :cool:

wha wha wha!!!! That was too easy...

Manblue
16/02/2012, 10:09 AM
Do people in here still feel Doyle should be playing with a top four club, sign for arsenal ect

Seriously some people posting here need to watch some players properly

My personal favourite was the" watch this space guy" (not bothered looking for the post)

Words found out come to mind with Doyle

Lionel Ritchie
16/02/2012, 11:04 AM
Do people in here still feel Doyle should be playing with a top four club, sign for arsenal ect

My personal favourite was the" watch this space guy" (not bothered looking for the post)

How many times does it have to be said -Arsenal absolutely will NOT be signing Doyle unless he agrees to wear mittens and a girly snood.

Sullivinho
16/02/2012, 2:57 PM

Word in the fields is Doyle's form has been found alive but dishevelled at the bottom of a neglected pothole somewhere in Wexford, curiously surrounded by question marks, commas and other forms of punctuation. Efforts are underway to reunite both with their respective owners.

geysir
16/02/2012, 5:58 PM
Yeah, but it's not that serious, unless he's been struck by the dastardly combination of the exclamation mark followed by the question mark.

Eminence Grise
16/02/2012, 7:12 PM
Word in the fields is Doyle's form has been found alive but dishevelled at the bottom of a neglected pothole somewhere in Wexford, curiously surrounded by question marks, commas and other forms of punctuation. Efforts are underway to reunite both with their respective owners.

Deliciously subtle - well said, sir!

theworm2345
25/02/2012, 3:26 PM
Doyler with the equalizer at Toon. Free kick comes in from O'Hara on the right channel, ball drops in the box and theres a bit of chaos, Doyle swivels and blasts the ball in to the net from maybe 5 yards. Apparently also got the assist on the first but I missed that.

bohsRap
25/02/2012, 5:07 PM
Looks to have been a real nuisance for Newcastle today (goal and assist):

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/newcastle-2-wolves-2/

Hopefully he's starting to come back to his normal self now.

Manblue
07/04/2012, 5:30 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see him start ahead of Walters in the Euros even though he has been well and truely found out this year....

Will prob score the winner today after this

Colbert Report
07/04/2012, 5:53 PM
Crouch just scored the winner! Doyle not even on the pitch

SkStu
07/04/2012, 10:33 PM
He came on for the last ten and had a snapshot on target ... Shambles of a team though. Ward played alright, still think he's being slightly harshly judged on here.

Olé Olé
09/04/2012, 1:41 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/09/3023802/southampton-will-offer-4m-for-out-of-favour-wolves-striker-kevin-

Article on Goal.com linking Doyle with a move to Southampton. The Mirror also had this story. Give it whatever credence you see fit.

The fee and the destination are somewhat credible. Reading are also mentioned.

Charlie Darwin
09/04/2012, 1:42 PM
The Mirror is the original source as far as I know. 4 million is a bargain for Doyle, even after the awful season he's had. I'd say whichever club would be eager to sign him before the Euros in case his value rocketed.

Carrigaline
28/04/2012, 7:31 PM
Two assists for Doyle today. Hopefully he can finish the season with a flourish.

elroy
28/04/2012, 9:29 PM
Two assists for Doyle today. Hopefully he can finish the season with a flourish.

And get a move back the premiership for next season

Manblue
29/04/2012, 2:10 AM
And get a move back the premiership for next season

Good man doyle, play decent in a nothing game.....where was he all year.....there relegated

Murfinator
23/08/2012, 11:28 AM
About the most ridiculous, baseless rumour I've ever heard and from a garbage source as well but I'll post it nonetheless.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2192394/Everton-want-Wolves-duo-Kevin-Doyle-Stephen-Ward.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Everton apparently want Kevin Doyle despite signing 3 strikers in the past 8 months, and also they want to replace Leighton Baines with Stephen Ward.
If your sides aren't hurting yet Stephen Hunt is also going to make a move to Fulham.
Still want more comedy? From the same source that keeps delivering Shane Long is being courted by Tottenham apparently.

Who said the Daily Mail was trash? :rolleyes:

Charlie Darwin
23/08/2012, 1:21 PM
I don't see why the Doyle or Hunt rumours are outlandish. Both have long been coveted by Premier League clubs and are reliable hardworking players. AVB could easily be a Long fan after he single-handedly destroyed the Chelsea defense last season, and he is expected to bring in a couple of new strikers as Defoe is the last man standing.

Manblue
23/08/2012, 1:43 PM
I don't see why the Doyle or Hunt rumours are outlandish. Both have long been coveted by Premier League clubs and are reliable hardworking players. AVB could easily be a Long fan after he single-handedly destroyed the Chelsea defense last season, and he is expected to bring in a couple of new strikers as Defoe is the last man standing.

Considering Wolves had made significant sales in the last couple of hours and sold arguably their two best players, I cant see them selling anymore if they aspire to automatic promotion. Allied to this, the way Doyles stock has plummeted over the last 18 months, he'd want to have a particularly good agent to get him a prem move especially since Wolves don't seem to be letting anyone go on the cheap.

On a side note, even if Wolves get €4m for doyle, that would be circa €26m for 3 players and be left with their captain, a centre back they paid considerable money for and the rest of the squad. If these players were really worth the money there getting would they of gone down??? I doubt it. Crazy market.

Charlie Darwin
23/08/2012, 2:04 PM
If they get offered the right money, you never know. Nobody is irreplaceable.

geysir
23/08/2012, 2:23 PM
I presume this all came about because the Everton manager Moyes attended the Wolves game on Tuesday?
I suppose he was hardly there to learn about football.

Murfinator
23/08/2012, 2:24 PM
Both had dreadful seasons. Hunt for the reason of injury and Doyle for just being bad. Wolves don't need the money for selling anyone and that was before getting 12m for Fletcher, they wouldn't be handed off on the cheap. And regardless there's no real reason why any premiership side would interested in either of those guys after the season they had. Even in their peak form they could only manage a transfer to the lofty heights of Wolves and Hull, Everton or Fulham coming in for them now would be completely illogical, its a definite fabricated story.

Charlie Darwin
23/08/2012, 2:37 PM
Players aren't always bought on form - Hunt has been a proven Premier performer for years and Doyle has long had his admirers. While Doyle might not be Arsenal material, there are managers who would see the value in a proven workhorse who, with the right team, knows how to find the net.

Manblue
23/08/2012, 2:48 PM
Players aren't always bought on form - Hunt has been a proven Premier performer for years and Doyle has long had his admirers. While Doyle might not be Arsenal material, there are managers who would see the value in a proven workhorse who, with the right team, knows how to find the net.

While I admit Doyle proved before he can be a workhorse.....its frustrating to think he will be bought on the back of this because he certainly wasnt a workhorse for Wolves last year or for Ireland either. He's also on borrowed time with this reputation in my books unless he ups his effort considerably to his old standards. That said, maybe a move (not that i think he'll get one) could be the kick in the behind he needs.

Charlie Darwin
23/08/2012, 2:54 PM
I really disagree about his workrate. It hasn't been happening for him for the past couple of seasons but with a proper pre-season behind him for the first time since in 3 years and some better players I think his performances would pick up.

jbyrne
23/08/2012, 4:54 PM
While I admit Doyle proved before he can be a workhorse.....its frustrating to think he will be bought on the back of this because he certainly wasnt a workhorse for Wolves last year or for Ireland either. He's also on borrowed time with this reputation in my books unless he ups his effort considerably to his old standards. That said, maybe a move (not that i think he'll get one) could be the kick in the behind he needs.

possibly not saying much but he was certainly one of the better performers against croatia and probably also italy in the euros.

liamoo11
23/08/2012, 5:04 PM
"Still want more comedy? From the same source that keeps delivering Shane Long is being courted by Tottenham apparently."

I think long would do well for spurs. He is going to have to play very well each week at west brom to keep his place with the striker quality they have

Irish_Praha
23/08/2012, 7:22 PM
"Still want more comedy? From the same source that keeps delivering Shane Long is being courted by Tottenham apparently."

I think long would do well for spurs. He is going to have to play very well each week at west brom to keep his place with the striker quality they have

Well according to this Spurs aren't in for another striker - not if Defoe stays anyway

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/2/8011939/avb-willing-to-let-dawson-go

When asked whether he would sign another striker, Villas-Boas said: "I don't think so. With Adebayor, Defoe and Kane coming through, I think I have enough options.

"Damiao is obviously a fantastic player but he is not our prospect at the moment because we are closed with what we are trying to do on the striker situation."

Defoe scored in Tottenham's season-opening defeat at Newcastle last week, but has hinted that he would be willing to leave White Hart Lane should he not get regular first-team football this season.

The 29-year-old, who has also been linked with Aston Villa and Sunderland, looks set to remain at the north London club, however.

"I spoke to his agent two days ago and conversations have been extremely productive," Villas-Boas added.

"Jermain is a player I have immense confidence in. I appreciate his qualities so I am hoping that he will continue to be a Tottenham player."

Charlie Darwin
25/08/2012, 2:49 PM
Broke his duck for the season to put Wolves 1-0 up at Derby.

OwlsFan
28/08/2012, 12:03 PM
Looks like both Everton and Villa are interested:

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2012/08/28/wolves-braced-for-kevin-doyle-battle/

Serb
28/08/2012, 1:04 PM
Villa and Everton are also both chasing Christian Benteke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Benteke) for a similar price. I know nothing about him, but he is 7 years younger than Doyle and seems to have scored a reasonable number of goals last season. I would be very surprised if Doyle ends up moving to either, but there does seem to be some truth in the rumour and Villa, Everton & Fulham are in the market for a striker so he could end up at any of those (I added Fulham, I haven't actually seen him linked to them).

BonnieShels
29/08/2012, 1:05 AM
Seems that the Everton and Villa rumours gather apace for Doyle.
Villa's bid has been rejected for Benteke...

Colbert Report
29/08/2012, 4:54 AM
Anyone follow Kevin Doyle on twitter? He made a crack today about driving to as many stadiums as possible on deadline day just to mess with the journalists. Sounds like he'll be on the move for sure. Can Wolves afford his wages, even with their recent sales?

Charlie Darwin
29/08/2012, 5:46 AM
@Kevin_Doyle29Footballer for club and country, husband & king of banter. Voted Wolves best looking player of 2011 [THIS IS A PARODY ACCOUNT]
County Wexford / Wolverhampton
See bolded statement.

Colbert Report
29/08/2012, 6:13 AM
See bolded statement.

I'm new to twitter. Does that mean that it isn't Kevin Doyle? I've seen him tweet lots of things that make it look legit. Conversations with other verified Irish players, etc.

boovidge
29/08/2012, 8:40 AM
I'm new to twitter. Does that mean that it isn't Kevin Doyle? I've seen him tweet lots of things that make it look legit. Conversations with other verified Irish players, etc.

It means it's just some bloke with enough time on his hands to make a fake account of a Championship footballer.

BonnieShels
29/08/2012, 1:30 PM
Kilmarnock in talks with Everton over their striker Matthew Kennedy.

Charlie Darwin
29/08/2012, 1:46 PM
Is Kennedy a striker? Don't think they'd be signing him to immediately challenge for a place anyway.

Newstalk seem to believe Everton have put in a bid of around €9 million for Doyle but nobody else is reporting it as far as I can see.

http://www.newstalk.ie/2012/sport/moyes-lodges-third-bid-for-striker-kevin-doyle/

SkStu
29/08/2012, 9:18 PM
Im an Everton fan and i just dont see Doyle for 9million as a logical move given the striking/attacking options at the club are probably the strongest they have been since the 80's.

edit: not that FC's are known for logical moves when it involves transfers...

BonnieShels
29/08/2012, 9:40 PM
Is Kennedy a striker? Don't think they'd be signing him to immediately challenge for a place anyway.

Newstalk seem to believe Everton have put in a bid of around €9 million for Doyle but nobody else is reporting it as far as I can see.

http://www.newstalk.ie/2012/sport/moyes-lodges-third-bid-for-striker-kevin-doyle/

It was reported on SSN as this. Sorry. I was on the phone and couldn't do the requisite research.

Irish_Praha
12/09/2012, 10:45 PM
Looks like he's having a better start to this season than last anyway, both at club and international level. Hopefully he'll find it easier to score in the championship.
I'm not too bothered if somone comes in for him in Jan or not just as long as he is playing well and enjoying his football. Would rather him scoring 15+ in a season in the championship rather than struggeling to hit 5 in the premership because he has to do a lot of donkey work for a weak team at that level.

Stuttgart88
13/09/2012, 1:22 PM
Whatever about club form, I just think he looks lively and hungry again and back to form. This is good.

I thought he actually did OK against Croatia and Italy but he was isolated and had no support. One run against Italy was superb and he was unlucky not to win a penno as far as I can recall.

Good player.