PDA

View Full Version : Pro Evolution 6

jebus
09/01/2007, 3:19 PM
Does anyone else think this game is garbage? I've been a fan of the series for sometime now, although I think the series peaked with Pro Evo 2 to be honest, but this one I find terribly annoying. the referee problem, whilst not as bad as it was in Pro Evo 5 is still shoddy, the keepers make occasional FIFA style mistakes, ball control is a bit clunky, when you're on a run your players offer you no support in most cases running back to defend leaving what should have been a 3 on 2 situation as 1 on 2 and most of your goals come from passing around the 6 yard box until one of your players sticks it away. I just find the game annoying more than anything to be honest, it seems like the fun has been sucked out of the game in an effort to increase it's realism

ciaraa
09/01/2007, 4:32 PM
Would have to disagree with you there jebus. I think it isnt flawless but I reckon its the best version yet because they have made it easier to shoot long range and also I kinda like the uncertainty factor ie. when keepers drop crosses, corners are awarded incorrectly etc.
One major complaint though is that you cant seem to change the togs when choosing the kits before a match!
Also refs can be a bit card-happy sometimes.

endabob1
09/01/2007, 4:39 PM
SOMETIMES???????

I ended up with 7 players in a game against my 8 year old nephew, every tackle was a red card, regardless of if I won the ball or not!!!!
I lost 5-1 to an 8 year old!!!!!
Noth that I'm bitter you understand....

anto1208
09/01/2007, 4:40 PM
I agree with some points but it has allways been the case you want fun and silky unrealistic skills play fifa you want realistic footy sim play pro evo

keepers make mistakes - happens in real life
refs make mistakes - happens in real life .

Your players are running back because you have it set up like that when picking your team / formation etc go to individual pick attack you will see little arrows now telling you which direction your players are making runs in , switch it from dropping deep to foward runs . ( this should help a lot ) .

they changed shooting in this one to take into account correct foot, off balance etc if you line it up properly they will fly in ( also as the shot bar is going up press L2 this give you an acurate shot ), should help with long shots .

I love it on PS2 but on xbox 360 its terrible they signed a deal saying it would be out on xbox 360 before PS3 was released and they really rushed it , you cant edit !! so no real kits can be loaded on , when your playing on xbox live the time between pressing the button and him doing what you want can be up to 2 seconds . really poor on 360 . id average about 20 shots on goal 14 on target and about 3 to 5 goals a game on xbox live i average 20 shots on goal 4 on target and if im lucky 1 goal , everything flies over the bar .

NeilMcD
09/01/2007, 4:44 PM
I stopped sliding tackle a long time ago as there is very rarley a need for it. I think the through ball has now become even better and I use it a lot more as if you just you normal passing there is a tendency never to break the other team down.

jebus
10/01/2007, 11:16 AM
I stopped sliding tackle a long time ago as there is very rarley a need for it. I think the through ball has now become even better and I use it a lot more as if you just you normal passing there is a tendency never to break the other team down.

Through ball has gotten better but the whole Pro Evo tackling situation has always been dodgy. In some games you can't slide tackle for fear of getting booked and if you try light tackle the ref always gives a foul against you.

On the keeper subject as well, its not just dropping balls off crosses, thats fine by me, but the other day I was playing in the master league and tried a long ball from about 70 yards. I hopelessly overhit and it look like it was going straight towards the keeper. However the ball bounced at the edge of the six yard box and the opposition keeper just looked at it as it bounced at chest height beside him and it went into the net. I know the goal was in my favour but I was still raging about how **** it was

passinginterest
10/01/2007, 11:37 AM
Have to say the xbox360 version does the series no favours. Totally rushed, can't even save goals! Pity cause like most I love the game. It does look good on a HD TV but not good enough to justify whats been left out, and it should really look so much better. On a normal TV it's hard to notice any real difference from its xbox predecessor. Lookin forward to Pro Evo 7 to rectify the problems and do the 360 justice.

anto1208
10/01/2007, 4:46 PM
Have to say the xbox360 version does the series no favours. Totally rushed, can't even save goals! Pity cause like most I love the game. It does look good on a HD TV but not good enough to justify whats been left out, and it should really look so much better. On a normal TV it's hard to notice any real difference from its xbox predecessor. Lookin forward to Pro Evo 7 to rectify the problems and do the 360 justice.

How does a HD TV fair with the 360 im thinking of getting one but i dont rate the plasmas at all the refresh rate of pixels isnt quick enough but i have nt seen a console on a HD .

Pro evo on 360 = bag of ****e

when winning 11 is out in march ( jap version ) it may be worth getting as import games will play on your irish console

anto1208
10/01/2007, 4:49 PM
Through ball has gotten better but the whole Pro Evo tackling situation has always been dodgy. In some games you can't slide tackle for fear of getting booked and if you try light tackle the ref always gives a foul against you.

tackle liek in real life 90% of my tackes are sliding and if i give away 4 free's all game its a dirty game , just time them and don t tackle from behind

passinginterest
11/01/2007, 12:22 PM
I don't have a HD TV myself but from what I've seen ya really need HD to really get the best from the 360. My gf's brother has a 42" Phillips HD TV and games like Gears of War and Fight Night look far better than on a standard flat panel Tv, even with Pro Evo there's a fairly noticeable improvement, though not half as much as potentially could be.

Aaron
16/01/2007, 4:00 PM
I'm currently doing an option file for the PS2 game. It will be all 12 Premier Division teams with 6 First Division teams. I have Hearts, HSV and Sunderland replacing Sao Paolo, WES Utd and PES Utd. It will have all up-to-date kits, all transfers that needed fixing. I have all the kits done so far and badges sponsors put on. I wont be releasing it until the end of Feb/ start of March. I want to include all EL transfers in it because at the min i have all last seasons squads. If you want it you'll need a max-drive, you can get one at play.com. Its like a memory stick only it allows you to put option files onto the game

bellavistaman
22/01/2007, 2:25 AM
i'll say no more than what a game!!!

Neish
28/01/2007, 5:12 PM
I'm currently doing an option file for the PS2 game. It will be all 12 Premier Division teams with 6 First Division teams. I have Hearts, HSV and Sunderland replacing Sao Paolo, WES Utd and PES Utd. It will have all up-to-date kits, all transfers that needed fixing. I have all the kits done so far and badges sponsors put on. I wont be releasing it until the end of Feb/ start of March. I want to include all EL transfers in it because at the min i have all last seasons squads. If you want it you'll need a max-drive, you can get one at play.com. Its like a memory stick only it allows you to put option files onto the game

If you doing a Harps squad this is the latest squad to my knowledge.

Goalkeepers
Gavin Cullen
James Gallagher

Defenders
Jonathan Minnock
Shane Bradley?
Declan Boyle
Eloka Asokuh
Shaun McGowan
David Bell

Midfielders
Matthew Crossan
Sean Roddy
Shaun Holmes
Gary Crossan
Tony Shields
John O' Loughlin

Strikers
Chris Breen
Conor Gethins

Questions remain over Shane Bradley's future with the club

Aaron
30/01/2007, 9:01 PM
If you doing a Harps squad this is the latest squad to my knowledge.

Goalkeepers
Gavin Cullen
James Gallagher

Defenders
Jonathan Minnock
Shane Bradley?
Declan Boyle
Eloka Asokuh
Shaun McGowan
David Bell

Midfielders
Matthew Crossan
Sean Roddy
Shaun Holmes
Gary Crossan
Tony Shields
John O' Loughlin

Strikers
Chris Breen
Conor Gethins

Questions remain over Shane Bradley's future with the club

Well i started it in November, and i'm doing all last seasons squads. Once they are all done i'll then add and remove players, create those who need created and by the time its out i'll have it all up to date

Neish
30/01/2007, 9:23 PM
Well i started it in November, and i'm doing all last seasons squads. Once they are all done i'll then add and remove players, create those who need created and by the time its out i'll have it all up to date

Grand so. You can also add Stephen Parkhouse to the strikers list.

Aaron
31/01/2007, 9:26 PM
It'll all be updated. Not releasing it till after the transfer window shuts so every club will be correct(those who are in it that is)

kdjaC
06/02/2007, 6:00 PM
Does anyone else think this game is garbage? I've been a fan of the series for sometime now, although I think the series peaked with Pro Evo 2 to be honest, but this one I find terribly annoying. the referee problem, whilst not as bad as it was in Pro Evo 5 is still shoddy, the keepers make occasional FIFA style mistakes, ball control is a bit clunky, when you're on a run your players offer you no support in most cases running back to defend leaving what should have been a 3 on 2 situation as 1 on 2 and most of your goals come from passing around the 6 yard box until one of your players sticks it away. I just find the game annoying more than anything to be honest, it seems like the fun has been sucked out of the game in an effort to increase it's realism

Have to disagree with pretty much all of that, you can control players off the ball with one twos or set a players area and style of play, you should shoot with the players preferred foot and dribble and run with the ball on that foot (R2 shifts it). Control is perfect and with some mastery you get the ball onto a players preferred foot without him even touching it. Stick at it and play humans and you be able to do this, (http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/goal2.avi) this, (http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/online1.avi) this, (http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/online2.avi) this, (http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/online3.avi) and of course this (http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/online4.avi) :D

kdjac

ihatejam
06/03/2007, 6:30 PM
any update on this??

Neish
06/03/2007, 10:50 PM
any update on this??
Was wondering the same myself

Aaron
07/03/2007, 8:38 PM
any update on this??

On what?? If you mean my OF then i have just stats and appearances for some teams to do. Wont put an exact day on when but hopefully this month sometime, very busy at work so dont get the chance too often to work at it.

ali2005
10/03/2007, 12:19 PM
I have it 4 the 360 and its ****in great! I no the graphics arent as great as Fifa 07 for the 360 but i find that fifa 07s graphics are TO GOOD and the gameplay is nt half as good as pes6!

anto1208
12/03/2007, 8:31 AM
I have it 4 the 360 and its ****in great! I no the graphics arent as great as Fifa 07 for the 360 but i find that fifa 07s graphics are TO GOOD and the gameplay is nt half as good as pes6!

Really? i hate it on 360 the graphics get way better on a HD TV but the game paly is so bad i have thought about buying FIFA .....i know its that bad.. but with my PS3 arriving in 2 weeks ill just get an old copy of PS2 pro evo and play that untill oct

SPXcyan
08/04/2007, 2:42 PM
Whats the story with this EL file?! im very interested in this :D

Aaron
09/04/2007, 1:34 PM
Whats the story with this EL file?! im very interested in this :D

Working bits at a time on it. I'm doing stats first then doing appearances. I have a lot done but there is still plenty to do. Also could you give me a link to a decent picture or website of Waterfords sponsor. Its to put onto the kit.

SPXcyan
15/04/2007, 4:12 PM
If I can find their site ill do just that :D but firstly I better find out who ours sponsors are :D ive feckin forgotten!!

anto1208
23/04/2007, 3:01 PM
AAAAHHHH Pro evo 6 ( PS2 version ) now works on ps3 he he he im so happy :D thanks to the latest sony update , i havent had a decent game of it since october ,it now runs smother and the graphics are better than ps2 .

kdjaC
26/04/2007, 8:07 PM
AAAAHHHH Pro evo 6 ( PS2 version ) now works on ps3 he he he im so happy :D thanks to the latest sony update , i havent had a decent game of it since october ,it now runs smother and the graphics are better than ps2 .

Yeah got that took its time coming out tho, kinda gave up on it and bought more USB ps2 pad converters. Just play it from Pc to tv now in proper HD.

kdjac

bellavistaman
26/04/2007, 8:32 PM

fair play, are you doing ramblers??

Aaron
27/04/2007, 10:19 PM
fair play, are you doing ramblers??

I am indeed:)

Cici900
02/05/2007, 4:20 PM

I really dont like it but fifa is worse i think

jebus
03/05/2007, 2:57 PM
I really dont like it but fifa is worse i think

Agreed, but I think Pro Evo's developers have realised that, and so aren't doing much to enhance the gameplay. If Fifa ever got back to the heights of Fifa Road to World Cup 98 then I think the Pro Evo franchise could be in trouble

passinginterest
03/05/2007, 3:14 PM
Agreed, but I think Pro Evo's developers have realised that, and so aren't doing much to enhance the gameplay. If Fifa ever got back to the heights of Fifa Road to World Cup 98 then I think the Pro Evo franchise could be in trouble

I wore out my copy of Fifa Road to World Cup 98. Probably my most played game ever. Definitely if you don't count Champ Manager. Was endless hours of fun. Happy memories :)

Raheny Red
05/05/2007, 1:56 PM
I wore out my copy of Fifa Road to World Cup 98. Probably my most played game ever. Definitely if you don't count Champ Manager. Was endless hours of fun. Happy memories :)

Agreed
:cool:

gilberto_eire
28/05/2007, 4:56 PM
Really? i hate it on 360 the graphics get way better on a HD TV but the game paly is so bad i have thought about buying FIFA .....i know its that bad.. but with my PS3 arriving in 2 weeks ill just get an old copy of PS2 pro evo and play that untill oct

just played it the last night on the 360 and its awful slow.... pretty **** tbh.
one of the lads there was a FIFA fan and started saying he doesnt know how ppl think its better.... i tried to tell him it was miles better on PS2 and that i agreed its muck on the 360!.
about the PS2 one anyway i hate the way the long shots always go in...im not talking about frm like 20-30 yards im talking about the ''goal of the season'' length its pretty **** when every 3rd shot frm miles out goes in!!
feels like fifa 2002(anyone remember the long shots in that frm just inside the other teams half??) or virtua striker(the sega arcade game)

anto1208
29/05/2007, 10:27 AM
just played it the last night on the 360 and its awful slow.... pretty **** tbh.
one of the lads there was a FIFA fan and started saying he doesnt know how ppl think its better.... i tried to tell him it was miles better on PS2 and that i agreed its muck on the 360!.
about the PS2 one anyway i hate the way the long shots always go in...im not talking about frm like 20-30 yards im talking about the ''goal of the season'' length its pretty **** when every 3rd shot frm miles out goes in!!
feels like fifa 2002(anyone remember the long shots in that frm just inside the other teams half??) or virtua striker(the sega arcade game)

Yea i got rid of my 360 version and got the PS2 one up and running on the PS3 ( looks and plays way better than ps2 ) and the difference is instant !!

On fifa i remember that goal from just inside the half it used to be a mad dash to either get to the spot or kick the other guy before he got there :D

endabob1
11/06/2007, 10:37 AM
Uneducated Idiot question.
I have PES6 on ps2 and it's enjoyable enough (except for the automated changing of the player you have control over and the untimely goalkeeping errors and the flurry of cards for every tackle and ....) Anyway, one of my major gripes is the team names & kits. Someone told me there is a way of getting them changed to have the correct names & kits, can anyone explain (in "an idiots guide to" standard language)how I can do this?

GavinZac
11/06/2007, 10:45 AM
Uneducated Idiot question.
I have PES6 on ps2 and it's enjoyable enough (except for the automated changing of the player you have control over and the untimely goalkeeping errors and the flurry of cards for every tackle and ....) Anyway, one of my major gripes is the team names & kits. Someone told me there is a way of getting them changed to have the correct names & kits, can anyone explain (in "an idiots guide to" standard language)how I can do this?

there are 2 ways.

1. if you have a "modded"/"chipped" playstation, you can download a version of the game with real kits. this is the better quality option, as the kits are taken from photographs, the way they can be for the PC without such annoyances as burning dvds

2. if you don't, you can download an option pack of the names, stadiums and kits already changed with the ingame editor. it isnt quite as good as you're restricted to what you can do with the editor, but its probably much safer. again though, you'll need to buy a 3rd party cable to connect your PS2 to your PC to get the options file from your pc to your memory card.

Alternatively, find someone else who's already done option 2, and take their memory card, copy the option file, and give it back. Easiest method - if you know someone.

anto1208
11/06/2007, 10:59 AM
You can use the edit feature to change all the kits :D but otherwise its a case of downloading it or the best bet as has been suggested copy someones mem card .

Just wait a few months the new one has all the real kits and names

endabob1
11/06/2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks gents, I will ask my nephew to tap up his mates for memory cards

Raheny Red
12/06/2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks gents, I will ask my nephew to tap up his mates, for memory cards

Another sneeky football agent, eh?

:D