PDA

View Full Version : What players are still with Shels?

Pages : [1] 2

Tenderloins
09/01/2007, 2:21 PM
What Players are left at Shelbourne?

Dave Rogers
Jamie Harris
Colin Hawkins
Alan Moore
Richie Baker
Jason Byrne
Glen Crowe
Bobby Ryan
Greg O'Halloran

Heary
kearney

Peadar
09/01/2007, 2:24 PM
3 of those players will be in Cork next season.

wws
09/01/2007, 2:26 PM
Baker and Moore

are all thats left

and thats official!

you can quote me on that

Mr A
09/01/2007, 2:29 PM
That'll make paying the wages a bit easier.

fbtn
09/01/2007, 2:31 PM
Baker and Moore

are all thats left

and thats official!

you can quote me on that

Where are the rest going/gone wws?

dcfcsteve
09/01/2007, 2:40 PM
3 of those players will be in Cork next season.

Those Dubs are crazy for that Jazz Festival ! You might get them down to watch the odd game as well..... ;)

:p

Réiteoir
09/01/2007, 2:41 PM
Owen Heary, who met Bohs boss Seán Connor yesterday, has signed a three-year-deal dependent on him obtaining a free release from Shels. He has written to the FAI demanding a free transfer, claiming the eircom League champions broke his contract.

Bohs old boy Glen Crowe is also hoping to join the Gypsies.

wws
09/01/2007, 2:42 PM
Where are the rest going/gone wws?

i have a list of them i got off someone (well in the know at shels but not a convicted ciggarette thief) - its doin the rounds with the pats forumites
some have clubs listed beside them others have two clubs as they are weighing up two offers

all bar moore and baker (so far are going going gone)

dcfcsteve
09/01/2007, 2:42 PM
Baker and Moore

are all thats left

and thats official!

you can quote me on that

"Meanwhile - in other news, RTE can exclusively reveal that an unknown individual using the nickname 'wws' has confirmed that only 2 players now remain at Shelbourne football club".

I'd get a few more phone lines installed and await the media onslaught if I was you WWS....! :D

wws
09/01/2007, 2:43 PM
Those Dubs are crazy for that Jazz Festival ! You might get them down to watch the odd game as well..... ;)

:p

o halloran and kearney are from cork
both should sign for cork if my sauces are correct

dcfcsteve
09/01/2007, 2:44 PM

You, of all people, should've learned to never believe a thing that Thousand Island Dressing tells you....

Soper
09/01/2007, 2:45 PM

As long as they are Chef, and not HP, then you'll be fine

edit - mr.steve beat me to it

lofty9
09/01/2007, 2:50 PM
As long as Fenlon brings none of them to the Brandywell. I couldn't stomach my season ticket help fund their wages.

Surprised at Bohs looking to bring back Crowe.

wws
09/01/2007, 2:54 PM
As long as Fenlon brings none of them to the Brandywell. I couldn't stomach my season ticket help fund their wages.

no one with long service tax payment records in the republic will sign for Derry.
they need a certain number of years unbroken to avail of the tax back for sports people - fenlon sniffed around but they wont budge.

sorry boys but uze are as disadvantaged as backwaters like cork (that no dub willl sign for)

*I said sauce on purpose boys

razor
09/01/2007, 2:57 PM
(that no dub willl sign for)You make it sound remotely like we'd want them. Perish the thought.

wws
09/01/2007, 3:01 PM
You make it sound remotely like we'd want them. Perish the thought.

haha

read the forum and corkcityfc.ie

and tell me that!

BohsFans
09/01/2007, 3:15 PM

Think it's the other way around, Crowe is looking to come to us because we have money.
Conor doesn't rate him though and Drogs have put in a few bids for him.

Peadar
09/01/2007, 3:20 PM
o halloran and kearney are from cork both should sign for cork if my sauces are correct

Should sign for Cork City, because it's the best club he's ever played for but it's also a club that doesn't want him. He's more likely to end up at Waterford...

razor
09/01/2007, 3:20 PM
haha

read the forum and corkcityfc.ie

and tell me that!I don't post there anymore, you may just have figured out why. Joe Kendricks is the only Dub we're interested in, thats it I guess. Burton, Ndo, Kearney, Cahill or Ryan aren't Dubs

galwayhoop
09/01/2007, 3:25 PM
either is hawkins

razor
09/01/2007, 3:26 PM
He's more likely to end up at Waterford...My moneys on Cobh. :D

Peadar
09/01/2007, 3:27 PM
either is hawkins

Hawkins is getting married so that will be the end of him. Look what hasppened to Kevin Hunt!

lofty9
09/01/2007, 3:48 PM
no one with long service tax payment records in the republic will sign for Derry.
they need a certain number of years unbroken to avail of the tax back for sports people - fenlon sniffed around but they wont budge.

sorry boys but uze are as disadvantaged as backwaters like cork (that no dub willl sign for)

Thank God for partition!!! That's a great advanatage!! Gives us that edge when it comes to community and passion for the club than having the usual merchants doing the rounds.

OneRedArmy
09/01/2007, 4:01 PM
Thank God for partition!!! That's a great advanatage!! Gives us that edge when it comes to community and passion for the club than having the usual merchants doing the rounds.Certainly agree that it has proved an advantage in keeping away from the current round of the mercenary merry-go-round.

But in the long-term this, added to us having to pay VAT on gate receipts is a real negative.

I've long dreamed that Derry City could build a new stadium down by Coshquin with one half of the pitch on each side of the border. We could then evade tax in both jurisdictions (a la Slab Murphy), by retreating into the other half of the pitch whilst frustrated taxmen would have to stop at the halfway line and shake their fists in a bizarre Dukes of Hazard type way.

In fact, I'm surprised Ollie hasn't thought of this already....

Gareth
09/01/2007, 4:05 PM
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/players.php

At present.

Peadar
09/01/2007, 4:06 PM
I've long dreamed that Derry City could build a new stadium down by Coshquin with one half of the pitch on each side of the border.

"We all live in the randy Coshquin..."

Needs a bit of work, perhaps.

wws
09/01/2007, 4:07 PM
Certainly agree that it has proved an advantage in keeping away from the current round of the mercenary merry-go-round.

But in the long-term this, added to us having to pay VAT on gate receipts is a real negative.

I've long dreamed that Derry City could build a new stadium down by Coshquin with one half of the pitch on each side of the border. We could then evade tax in both jurisdictions (a la Slab Murphy), by retreating into the other half of the pitch whilst frustrated taxmen would have to stop at the halfway line and shake their fists in a bizarre Dukes of Hazard type way.

In fact, I'm surprised Ollie hasn't thought of this already....

yeah I hear the Derry squad play for free....
in Brandywell Stadium, on Lollipop Road near Gumdrop Lane!

OneRedArmy
09/01/2007, 4:20 PM
yeah I hear the Derry squad play for free....
in Brandywell Stadium, on Lollipop Road near Gumdrop Lane!You didn't get the irony detector for Christmas after all WWS?

wws
09/01/2007, 4:25 PM
You didn't get the irony detector for Christmas after all WWS?

you joking me dcfcsteve borrowed mine and destoyed the bleedin thing

charliesboots
09/01/2007, 4:27 PM
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/players.php

At present.

At least Ennis and Mulhall should get a game now!!!!:)

Jerry The Saint
10/01/2007, 10:50 AM
I will now answer the question in alphabetical order:

BAKER, Richie...

That is all.

pete
10/01/2007, 11:56 AM
I don't know if eL players look at it but the tax rebate for sports people is considerabel especially for the higher earners. Taking the example of eL players earning 70k the tax rebate while not able to draw down for 10 years is worth at least 15% top up.

I'd be surprised if a high earner such as jason Byrne was due over 200k+ tax back after his best 10 years. Its like a short term pension. was not aware tax years had to be concurrent.

dcfcsteve
10/01/2007, 12:03 PM
you joking me dcfcsteve borrowed mine and destoyed the bleedin thing

You mean I plugged it in and found the 'on' button for you......

dcfcsteve
10/01/2007, 12:05 PM
"We all live in the randy Coshquin..."

Needs a bit of work, perhaps.

'We love quim, in the randy Coshquin..!'

Taaaaaxxxxxiiiiiiiiii !

Macy
10/01/2007, 12:50 PM
I don't know if eL players look at it but the tax rebate for sports people is considerabel especially for the higher earners. Taking the example of eL players earning 70k the tax rebate while not able to draw down for 10 years is worth at least 15% top up.
Assuming they can produce P60's for their full wages, which might be a fairly big assumption....

bigmac
10/01/2007, 1:09 PM

Any idea of the actual figures? I know Shane Byrne (rugby) left for Saracens for a big payday on the assumption that he'd be able to come back to Ireland and finish his career here, thus availing of the taxback on his earnings from when he played for Leinster.

WeAreRovers
10/01/2007, 1:32 PM
Assuming they can produce P60's for their full wages, which might be a fairly big assumption....

Exactly, a lot of the big-earners are screwed when they come to collect their back tax.

Incidentally, a former Pats player has just been done by the Revenue because Pats claimed his tax credits despite the fact that they were used up in his other job. He get's done, Pats don't. Not the Revenue's fault but the FAI should be looking into this kind of financial cheating.

KOH

charliesboots
10/01/2007, 3:01 PM
Who?

As far as I know the tax incentive only applies to your 5 highest earning years over a ten year period as a professional sportsman.

It's the only reason Malcolm O'Kelly and Brian O'Driscoll didn't go to France when offered deals there.

monutdfc
10/01/2007, 3:22 PM
Afaik it's your 10 best years.

I didn't think they had to be consecutive though, but that would make sense given the idea behind it, to incentivise top sportspeople to stay in Ireland.
Otherwise they could spend their peak years abroad and still avail of up to 10 years tax rebates.

WeAreRovers
10/01/2007, 3:57 PM
Who?

Hang on a minute while I tell some random punter on the internet. :rolleyes:

KOH

wws
10/01/2007, 4:01 PM
i bet its a taxi man

scully is also a taxi man by the way.....

BohsFans
10/01/2007, 6:00 PM
i bet its a taxi man

scully is also a taxi man by the way.....

so is your manager.

wws
10/01/2007, 6:25 PM
indeed he is

Longfordian
10/01/2007, 9:10 PM
Exactly, a lot of the big-earners are screwed when they come to collect their back tax.

Incidentally, a former Pats player has just been done by the Revenue because Pats claimed his tax credits despite the fact that they were used up in his other job. He get's done, Pats don't. Not the Revenue's fault but the FAI should be looking into this kind of financial cheating.

KOH

Didn't think that could be done? I thought you had to allocate them yourself, as in sign a form, and the club has to take at the higher rate if you dont? Not an accountant now so you may well be right.

sniffa
10/01/2007, 9:16 PM
'We love quim, in the randy Coshquin..!'

Taaaaaxxxxxiiiiiiiiii !

So Fordes replacement is a Portuguese??????;)

Tenderloins
11/01/2007, 8:47 AM
Jason Byrne on trial with Cardiff this week according to the paper this morning.
Bray must be sick that they wont get their sell on percentage.

oriel
11/01/2007, 8:01 PM
WWS, that was a cracking u tube there on your link. really well put together and shows a very positive image of your club

well done to whoever put it together.

sniffa
11/01/2007, 10:09 PM
Is James Chambers still at Shels?

Raheny Red
11/01/2007, 10:48 PM
Is James Chambers still at Shels?

No :mad: - one of the longest serving Shels' players of last season's squad. He came up through the ranks. He wanted to stay with the club and a couple of season ago turned down a 2 year contract with Aberdeen. A few weeks ago there was an offer to move to WUFC!

BohDiddley
12/01/2007, 8:59 AM
The Mirror today has a throwaway line saying Crowe has re-signed for Bohs along with Owen Heary.