PDA

View Full Version : Olly Byrne on Liveline at 1.45 today

Pages : [1] 2

drummerboy
09/01/2007, 12:04 PM
Mr Byrne, is going live on Radio 1 with Joe Duffy to answer his critic, amidst a plot to “Ruin him”. Should be compulsive listening.

dcfcsteve
09/01/2007, 12:06 PM
Tissues at the ready for the tale of poor little Olly, doing his best for Irish football with the evil world working hard against him.

Actually - scrub the tissues. Make it a bucket.....

Can I listen to this piece of comedy gold online anywhere....?

wws
09/01/2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah Can Someone

Put A Copy Up For Us Non Liveline Ppl?

Dodge
09/01/2007, 12:13 PM
Tissues at the ready for the tale of poor little Olly, doing his best for Irish football with the evil world working hard against him.

Actually - scrub the tissues. Make it a bucket.....

Can I listen to this piece of comedy gold online anywhere....?
Radio 1 available on the RTE website

pineapple stu
09/01/2007, 12:24 PM
Anyone going to ring in with a question or two?

fbtn
09/01/2007, 12:49 PM
Anyone else having difficulty getting it to work online?

drummerboy
09/01/2007, 12:51 PM
Alan ****ing Hunter, RTE shame on you

soccerc
09/01/2007, 12:55 PM
Alan ****ing Hunter, RTE shame on you

Who the fcuk does that fool represent? lazy RTE.

OneRedArmy
09/01/2007, 1:00 PM
Mr Byrne, is going live on Radio 1 with Joe Duffy to answer his critic, amidst a plot to “Ruin him”. Should be compulsive listening.Damn those employees, Revenue and creditors trying to ruin Ollie by looking for what they are owed.

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?!

Sheridan
09/01/2007, 1:02 PM
Hunter is an utter buffoon. Fair play to Duffy for cutting off rent-a-sham before he could unleash his PR spiel.

Not very enlightening so far. Sounds like a shop window for Ollie.

Poor Student
09/01/2007, 1:04 PM
Could anyone ring in and give the lowdown on Hunter and his "organisation"?

dcfcsteve
09/01/2007, 1:06 PM
Could anyone ring in and give the lowdown on Hunter and his "organisation"?

If the NLSA had done their job properly before dying, then they wouldn't need to....

GuisaSaigon
09/01/2007, 1:06 PM
dundalk decide to whine some more too! whats that got to do with shelbourne?

Réiteoir
09/01/2007, 1:09 PM
Jesus - who is this Dundalk idiot?

Saying they got promoted and then relegated by the "morons" this season

IT WAS NEVER A PROMOTION PLAYOFF FFS

Then goes on to wheel out the old party line from "Dis Great Assocyashun of Ours" about it being the bestest amateur sporting body in the world

dcfcsteve
09/01/2007, 1:09 PM

Apparently Dundalk have been the most consistent club in Irish football....! :eek:

Hence why they're winning leagues and cups, and playing the likes of Liverpool and Spurs in Europe in one of the best grounds in the country, one minute, then struggling for years in the basement division with the same ground in a decrepit state the next. That Dundalk guy has an impartial viewpoint that would even make Olly blush...!

Lim till i die
09/01/2007, 1:11 PM

I thought twas a public radio show :confused:

Réiteoir
This is like listening to Lord Haw Haw and his radio propaganda from the early 1940s

Someone pass the bucket please

Poor Student
Your man said Dundalk are the second most successful club in LOI history. Isn't that Shels?:confused:

Peadar
09/01/2007, 1:12 PM
Apparently Dundalk have been the most consistent club in Irish football....! :eek:

It is possible to be consistently bad!

Réiteoir
09/01/2007, 1:14 PM
This is a bit more like it - a very erudite call from a colleague of mine

Mr A
09/01/2007, 1:15 PM
The league isn't coming out of this too well at all. I don't know why the hell the Rovers guy was on, he said pretty much nothing but to wish Shels the best and the Dundalk guy was simply embarrassing.

Pile of crap so far.

Ollie is more composed than usual though!

Réiteoir
09/01/2007, 1:16 PM
Nearly in tears here...

OneRedArmy
09/01/2007, 1:18 PM
It is possible to be consistently bad!Good to see you back Peader, with a whole year of quality trolling ahead of you.

What are your chosen clubs for this year, or is it too early in the year to decide?:p

Poor Student
If we had a presenter who knew the story Ollie would be getting a proper grilling. It seems Duffy is educating himself as he goes along.

GuisaSaigon
Pile of crap so far.

Ollie is more composed than usual though!

he hasn't threatened to hang up yet !

dcfcsteve
09/01/2007, 1:20 PM
Some serious smoke and mirrors from Ollie over the very simple question of 'How did you end up in control of Shelbourne Football Club'.

Apparently it went something like this : Ollie and a number of people owed the club a decade ago; Ollie gave the club to the Donnellys out of respect for what they did for the club, and then a few years later they handed it back to Ollie out of respect for his efforts'.....!

Crystal clear transfers of ownership then......

Réiteoir
09/01/2007, 1:20 PM
If we had a presenter who knew the story Ollie would be getting a proper grilling. It seems Duffy is educating himself as he goes along.

Maybe one of us should ring up and enlighten the listeners

Poor Student
09/01/2007, 1:21 PM
Fair play to this Shelbourne fan, he's asking the right questions and applying the right pressure.

hoops1
Basically Tolka isnt a pot of gold for Shels the councillors have them by the balls. If its worth 40million Shels would be lucky to get 2m.

Peadar
What are your chosen clubs for this year, or is it too early in the year to decide?:p

You're off the hook, as I don't see you as a threat this year. Shels are not a threat either so I may have to get back to the good old days of baiting Pats fans.
It's going to be so much more fun now though, since wws & Dodge are mods and I'm not in a position to block the Internet access of either of them. :D

NY Hoop
09/01/2007, 1:23 PM
Hunter is an utter buffoon. Fair play to Duffy for cutting off rent-a-sham before he could unleash his PR spiel.

Not very enlightening so far. Sounds like a shop window for Ollie.

Let.It.Go.

Your obsession with all things Rovers is getting old son.

Not a lot can be done in stopping rtengland having Hunter on. They even interviewed him about Bertie a while back. IMO Hunter belongs on a show with Joe Duffy.

KOH

OneRedArmy
09/01/2007, 1:26 PM
Fair play to this Shelbourne fan, he's asking the right questions and applying the right pressure.Ten Euro says he'll be found floating in the Tolka with concrete shoes by the end of the week....

Partizan
09/01/2007, 1:26 PM
here's one from the archives regarding Hunter.

http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?t=22097&highlight=alan+hunter

GuisaSaigon
09/01/2007, 1:28 PM
Ollie: can I answer that?
Duffy: yes
Ollie: I cant answer that.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Peadar
09/01/2007, 1:29 PM
Ten Euro says he'll be found floating in the Tolka with concrete shoes by the end of the week....

Floating concrete? Interesting concept!

Do RTÉ make their radio shows available in a podcast?

dcfcsteve
09/01/2007, 1:29 PM
It is possible to be consistently bad!

They've certainly been consistent in their inconsistency....! :D

dcfcsteve
09/01/2007, 1:33 PM
So if someone comes up with a decent plan for Shelbourne FC, he'll happily step aside, put the ground in a trust and leave it all behind.

So Shels fans - there's your answer to the head scratching 'but what can we do' attitude. It seems Ollie would be willing to relinguish control if you could come up with your own version of the 400 Club or something.

I'd love yee's to prove me wrong, but I won't be holding me breath.....

Réiteoir
09/01/2007, 1:34 PM
Roddy to be the new manager then...

Poor Student
09/01/2007, 1:34 PM
It's typical Ollie Byrne, just wait a few days for the big news.

Block G Raptor
09/01/2007, 1:35 PM
here's one from the archives regarding Hunter.

http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?t=22097&highlight=alan+hunter

This Is probably an idiotic question but who the Fcuk is Alan hunter I've heard him mentioned on here but never heard of him anywhere else i gather he's a muppett who comments on the eL on radio shows etc. but in what capacity? is he a fan or whats the story ?

Mr A
09/01/2007, 1:41 PM
I think to some degree Ollie has a point about not being willing to just hand over the running of the club to just anyone. It may well be that he was dead right not to hand over control to the investor- who are pretty much just in there for gain from Tolka Park without guarantees about their plans for Shelbourne and plans for how they would run the club.

In the absence of anyone else coming in it probably falls to a fans group to set up some sort of co-op, trust or whatever to take over the club. Then again it may well be that Ollie would refuse to hand over to such a group if he saw them as not well enough organized or likely to reduce Shelbourne to a much lower status and will hold out for a big money investor to come in.

The thing is that time is seriously against Shels. They have no manager, only 8 players who they can't pay and things seem to be going from bad to worse.

monkey magic
09/01/2007, 1:44 PM
the guy claims to be the head of some irish football suporters organisation or something which claims to have 70 000 odd members, in other words a complete **** spouter

finnpark
09/01/2007, 1:48 PM
Its time for the FAI to set in, take their CL and Setanta places away and relegate them off to the Leinster Senoir League where a Chairman like Ollie Byrne belongs.

BohsPartisan
09/01/2007, 1:49 PM
I think to some degree Ollie has a point about not being willing to just hand over the running of the club to just anyone.

You might have a point if it was not Ollie. I mean he is as "just anyone" as you can get.

wws
09/01/2007, 2:00 PM
I think to some degree Ollie has a point about not being willing to just hand over the running of the club to just anyone. It may well be that he was dead right not to hand over control to the investor- who are pretty much just in there for gain from Tolka Park without guarantees about their plans for Shelbourne and plans for how they would run the club.

In the absence of anyone else coming in it probably falls to a fans group to set up some sort of co-op, trust or whatever to take over the club. Then again it may well be that Ollie would refuse to hand over to such a group if he saw them as not well enough organized or likely to reduce Shelbourne to a much lower status and will hold out for a big money investor to come in.

The thing is that time is seriously against Shels. They have no manager, only 8 players who they can't pay and things seem to be going from bad to worse.

just a small point but there is no requirement to have players on the books until the new season - less than ideal but certainly the old way things where done (and a very realistic approcah given LoI revenues.

drummerboy
09/01/2007, 2:08 PM
Its time for the FAI to set in, take their CL and Setanta places away and relegate them off to the Leinster Senoir League where a Chairman like Ollie Byrne belongs.

Your comments have done the Leinster Senior League a major disservice.

Billy Lord
09/01/2007, 2:22 PM
Sheridan: RTE were told beforehand that Shamrock Rovers would not be wringing EL dirty linen on national radio and that's why there was so little to say. It was an utterly pointless exercise.
You really ought to seek therapy, though. Such bitterness in one so young cannot be healthy.

dcfcsteve
09/01/2007, 2:37 PM
I think to some degree Ollie has a point about not being willing to just hand over the running of the club to just anyone.

it may well be that Ollie would refuse to hand over to such a group if he saw them as not well enough organized or likely to reduce Shelbourne to a much lower status and will hold out for a big money investor to come in.

Too right. Why hand control over the club to an untried and untested set of people, and take the risk of them running the club into the ground, when he can retain control of Shels and make damn sure of their demise for himself... !

jebus
09/01/2007, 2:42 PM
What with Ollie Byrne's increasing lunacy, the Dundalk/Galway scandal, Limerick's esteemed chairman telling all and sundry that he's taking the FAI to court, and just the downright half assed approach that seems to be given to the EL by our new bosses in Merrion Square it doesn't look like the FAI Premiership is going to get off to a great start now does it? How we're expected to attract new fans to a product that is being viewed national as a running joke is beyond me

Billy Lord
09/01/2007, 2:51 PM
What with Ollie Byrne's increasing lunacy, the Dundalk/Galway scandal, Limerick's esteemed chairman telling all and sundry that he's taking the FAI to court, and just the downright half assed approach that seems to be given to the EL by our new bosses in Merrion Square it doesn't look like the FAI Premiership is going to get off to a great start now does it? How we're expected to attract new fans to a product that is being viewed national as a running joke is beyond me

It's not 'viewed' as a running joke, it 'is' a running joke.:mad: