PDA

View Full Version : 'MURPHY OUT' banner on TV3

Casegrande
23/11/2002, 8:18 AM
Fair play to the lads responsible! Nice one!

TV3 showed the big 'MURPHY OUT' banner at the end of their highlights last night, and saidd something like ".......and that result leaves the Cork City fans in no doubt of what they think of the situation"

Just hope they had a TV in the bus on the way back!

TIME TO GO LIAM... IF you have any respect for the club?

Éanna
24/11/2002, 6:35 PM
:)

pete
25/11/2002, 9:40 AM
Banner looked good on tv. Clear message as well.

IMO a silent protest like that is the best way to go. Easier to protest like that when both winning & losing.

Éanna
25/11/2002, 9:55 AM
2 posts on citynet forum are very interesting with regard to this:

Post 1:

Well done to the fellas with the Murphy Out banner last night. It got a load of mentions in the echo and I think twas on TV3 aswell. One bad thing was that Noelle started taking pictures of these lads after and was giving out to them, I think she warned them not to bring it to a match again. Thats not really Noelles place and she would be better off sticking to selling jersies. I encourage them to make an even bigger one and bring it to every match until Murphy is gone. Everyone should show Murphy that we want him gone next friday. There is a fella on foot.ie who is offering ready-made Murphy Out A4 sheets for the next match, he will hopefully offer them to people on here aswell.

Post 2:

While I did not see Noelle with a camera she did start shouting at the lads with the banner that they better not bring "that thing" to the cross next Friday , then she went on to say that she knew the lads who were holding the banner and that she would make sure that they were not allowed into the ground. A couple of points I would like to make :
1) I don't believe that Noelle can tell people what to put on flags and banners and unless the flag/banner has something very offensive on it - people should be allowed to have their say.
2) I don't think that Noelle can be at every gate on Friday night or have pictures of the "offenders" circulated as being Public Enemy Number 1 & 2.

see thread (http://www.eirways.com/citynet/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1440)

Dricky
25/11/2002, 9:58 AM
Just get longer polls and hold it over the wall that will get a point accross if she trys to stop people going to the cross. blocking people will backfire

Éanna
25/11/2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Dricky
blocking people will backfire
well blocking people for giving out about one manager, while allowing them to force another out would be pretty poor form. add to that the fact that people have NOT been kicked out for:
- throwing bottles
- throwing coins
- racism
- fighting
- chasing referees

and I think that would look very poor on the club´s behalf

pete
25/11/2002, 10:37 AM
I didn't see Noelles alleged actions on friday, in fact don't thinks saw her at all but banning posteres or even fans from the ground for protesting would be brilliant publicity would it not?

Ensure protests do not become personal or abusive & there will be no excuse for banning fans.

Éanna
25/11/2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by pete
Ensure protests do not become personal or abusive & there will be no excuse for banning fans.
exactly. obviously if the banner was offensive, it would be a differnt matter

rolo
25/11/2002, 11:05 AM
i presume she is not going to follow up on her claims of stopping the lads from entering the cross next friday....

but if she does do the stupid thing then there will have to be action. they have no right to stop the real fans for having an opinion.... bitch!

Schumi
25/11/2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
Sorry to trouble you, Mr. Murphy, but we were wondering if you would consider removing yourself from the position of manager of Cork Citty FC? Thank you for considering our request
Brilliant. Put that on a banner:D

pete
25/11/2002, 11:38 AM
Maybe cos they only saw (or didn't) two fans holding the flag up they'd like to think they the only people who want him out?

Ref
25/11/2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Éanna

people have NOT been kicked out for:
- throwing bottles
- throwing coins
- racism
- fighting
- chasing referees

yet they want to kick people out for holding up a banner.

sums it all up really doesn't it? :rolleyes:

well said Eanna.

Éanna
25/11/2002, 1:52 PM
Yeah, I mean if they had some kinda "zero tolerance" policy going on where you were only allowed into the cross is you sang "Liam Murphys barmy army" and "city" all the time etc etc, then I could understand this, but there´s no consistency in the clubs behaviour right now.

Also, anyone remember a photo of Moses (not wanting single people out) holding a banner up saying "Mountfield, you are the weakest link goodbye." I don´t recall any action being taken about that. The same rules must apply to everyone

I´m sure I speak for the majority of City fans if I was to say :
I want to agree with the club, I want to help the club and I want to support the club, but right now I´m feeling alienated. Anyone else think the same?

Éanna
25/11/2002, 1:59 PM
No abuse? So who's gonna do up the banner with
"Sorry to trouble you, Mr. Murphy, but we were wondering if you would consider removing yourself from the position of manager of Cork Citty FC? Thank you for considering our request"
written on it? There's a lot less work in "Get bent".

There is a certain irony in showing Murphy coutesy, seeing as he never showed it to the fans.
Exactly. And "Murphy Out" is hardly abusive or anything! And spot on about Murphy never showing courtesy to fans- there´s a number of players who haven´t had much courtesy from him either.

Originally posted by rolo
i presume she is not going to follow up on her claims of stopping the lads from entering the cross next friday....

but if she does do the stupid thing then there will have to be action. they have no right to stop the real fans for having an opinion.... bitch!
Dunno what you mean by action, but I´m sure common sense will prevail and what was said in Belfield will not be acted upon. Censorship won´t solve anything, and nor will hassle.

Originally posted by pete
Maybe cos they only saw (or didn't) two fans holding the flag up they'd like to think they the only people who want him out?

If thats the case I think someone on these forums offered to print A4 "Murphy Out" sheets and people should take him up on it. But if they really think there´s only 1 or 2 people want rid of Murphy they should pop their heads into the dressing room :rolleyes:

Casegrande
25/11/2002, 2:00 PM
I´m sure I speak for the majority of City fans if I was to say :
I want to agree with the club, I want to help the club and I want to support the club, but right now I´m feeling alienated. Anyone else think the same?
Spot on. It's the lowest in my 14 years of going to games. It might not be a popular thing to say but Noelle would want to concentrate on doing her job (there's a marketing seminar on Wednesday) and keep her nose out of things that have nothing to do with her. Despite what she might think IT's NOT HER CLUB!

Casegrande
25/11/2002, 2:01 PM
Despite the great work Brian Lennox has done since taking charge, we still have a group of old chool cronies holding us back: Murphy, Patsy, Daly and I'm sorry, but Noelle hasn't got the professioanlism required to do the job.

Éanna
25/11/2002, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by Casegrande
Despite the great work Brian Lennox has done since taking charge, we still have a group of old chool cronies holding us back: Murphy, Patsy, Daly and I'm sorry, but Noelle hasn't got the professioanlism required to do the job.
I think a number of posters on this site have repeatedly stressed the importance of a break with the past for the good of the club.

James
25/11/2002, 3:29 PM
maybe what we really need is a break from all the old supporters and fans... the ones that 'know nothing about the game'...

maybe the media should be stopped from attending the games, and making up stories about fans not being happy with the manager, cause really deep down all city fans love the fact that liam murphy is in charge

maybe the media should also stop making and holding up flags , and chanting murphy out at matches, cause they are doing it only to sell papers ..

so what have we got
ban the fans
ban the media

OR ..

maybe listen to the fans, and try and sort out the probs within the club.. starting with the mis-managment we have had to put up with all season

but what would i know... i'm actually a hybrid version of all those media people out to sell papers and make up nonsense about Liam...
bless you

James
25/11/2002, 3:32 PM
oh .. and i have a feeling that those other people here.. like eanna, and colm and casagrande and GWA, and pete, niamh, troy, and anyone else thats said anything disparaging about the club or liam ever are in fact media people...

i mean lets face it they are all probably the same person..

Troy.McClure
25/11/2002, 3:34 PM
Well actually myself and Niamh are in 'the media', and Colm wants to get into it, so maybe he has a point ;)

James
25/11/2002, 3:35 PM
oh and i'll also admit that those 10 txts that trevor welch received on big red bench calling for liam murphy to resign or be fired.. were all in fact from me, as part of my media conspiracy (dont ya know)

i went out that morning and bought 10 seperate phones.. so i;d have different numbers to send in the texts from..

sry but the guilt i am feeling from my media conspiracy is getting too much for me

signed
media conspiracy person

Macy
25/11/2002, 3:55 PM
If thats the case I think someone on these forums offered to print A4 "Murphy Out" sheets and people should take him up on it.

Given whats been said by Murphy thats the way to go - it wouldn't be that hard to get 20 people to print 40 pages with Murphy Out in the biggest font that'd fit....... I'm sure you'd get 800 people to hold them up.....

Murphy Out Now (because it's getting boring now - Think of the rest of us!!! ;) )

James
25/11/2002, 3:57 PM
welll macy if murphy does go

i'd be looking at alan matthews if rico doesnt work out

how'd you like them apples ?

Macy
25/11/2002, 4:03 PM
Originally posted by James
i'd be looking at alan matthews if rico doesnt work out

One thing - You'd want Matthews full time I assume? Only he's not willing to give up the day job...... He wouldn't take the Town job unless it was on a part time basis......

Éanna
25/11/2002, 6:05 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Well actually myself and Niamh are in 'the media', and Colm wants to get into it, so maybe he has a point ;)
:o Me kinda looking at journalism after I finish this degree :eek: Could Murphy be right :eek: :D

Éanna
25/11/2002, 6:06 PM
Originally posted by James
maybe what we really need is a break from all the old supporters and fans... the ones that 'know nothing about the game'...

maybe the media should be stopped from attending the games, and making up stories about fans not being happy with the manager, cause really deep down all city fans love the fact that liam murphy is in charge

maybe the media should also stop making and holding up flags , and chanting murphy out at matches, cause they are doing it only to sell papers ..

so what have we got
ban the fans
ban the media
Dead right. Murphy IN, Us OUT :rolleyes:
I´d laugh at it if I wasn´t so p¡ssed off:mad:

Éanna
25/11/2002, 6:07 PM
Okay, okay, the game's up, they're all me.

Christ, I hated living the lie for so long, feigning different personalities, arguing for and against myself. You have lifted a weight off my shoulders...
By the way. Fair fcuks to ya for managing to multiply yourself (or did you use cloning) for every home game so that several hundred people all agreed that murphy should go :D :mad:

A face
26/11/2002, 1:07 AM
Originally posted by rolo
bitch!

Why did this not end up as *****! ???

Keep it clean for god sake lads !!

ian
26/11/2002, 6:58 AM
I think that murphy should go and that some one that can do the job should come in and do the job of a manager and don't just stand there loooking like a carbord cut out.As for the noelle thing she do alot for the club and calling her names like a bitch is not on after all she has cork city in her hart is in the right place and i don't think she will carry it out on friday so boy's and girls let's just get murphy out if we can .Dont forget we can have our say on thursday but not to much or he will be up and out the door as fast as you can say cork city.

Gary
26/11/2002, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I mean if they had some kinda "zero tolerance" policy going on where you were only allowed into the cross is you sang "Liam Murphys barmy army" and "city" all the time etc etc, then I could understand this,

Im ashames to say i went to a rugby playing school, and during the games if you shouted anything derogatory to an opposition players, or indded sing a "football" song, you were likely to get suspended from school.

Now, even when i was 15, i felt that this was a bit OTT, so why in the hell to CCFC and their officials think that they can stop people from sying what they want, to who they want, whenever they want. Freedom of speech etc etc.

What really gets me though is that the flag wasnt even offensive. I reckon alot of people, not just LM, need to take a long hard look at themselves because i feel that they could end up alienating an awful lot of loyal fans.

TheNorthsider
26/11/2002, 11:33 AM
time for noelle to get a hold of herself she isnt the club never was and never will ...while she is a true servent of the club we the paying supporters are as much the club as she is

Gary
26/11/2002, 11:51 AM
You really love taking things off topic eh Conor.

Im not a public school boys and i aint protestant (not that that makes any difference!!!!)

Flurking Rugby. I hate it

eoinh
26/11/2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by GWA

Im ashames to say i went to a rugby playing school

Join the club. i remember my class teacher went banannas the day i gave him a letter from my dad saying i could have a half day to go and see city play.

He was the rugby trainer as well.

Gary
26/11/2002, 12:11 PM
Just about TV3 last night, I felt Noel King reckons that LM should go.

Also in the interview i think that LM suggested that Mull is a liar or a cheat or something, because he said that if a player isnt honest, he will get rid of them. Whats an honest player. Is Deccie an honest player? Was Hartigan an honest player.

Enough of the Bullplop liam, leave please, and let us enjoy supporting Cork City FC again.

James
26/11/2002, 12:21 PM
I love the fellows.

hhahaa guess who's gona have a quiet word to conor's girlfriend next time in the hshoe :)

fosterdollar
26/11/2002, 1:08 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Just about TV3 last night, I felt Noel King reckons that LM should go.

I dunno, he was saying that he should be well able to put up with the protests as he has done before.

Macy
26/11/2002, 1:09 PM
Will Shels bring many down?

Probably a few, but not many old enough to get served in a pub...... :)

Plus they'll probably be a few in Umbro tracksuits and Burberry Caps thinking they're casuals..... :rolleyes:

James
26/11/2002, 1:17 PM
Wonder will there be any crack in the Horseshoe before Friday's game?

i'd say so, theres always good craic in the hshoe b4 games :)
you gona be around conor?

James
26/11/2002, 2:23 PM
heehee look for the murphy out banner
the media conspiracy wont be far from that

wont tell ya where i'll be like

niamh
27/11/2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

:eek: You're not supposed to tell anyone.
We're undercover..trying to root out the Murphy Our clan...
Now shhhhhh!