PDA

View Full Version : Murhpy or Mountfield

thecorner
23/11/2002, 2:54 AM
u decide who is worse. id say murphy coz he knew the run of the club and didnt follow it

Neil
23/11/2002, 8:05 AM
Mountfield was shafted by the players and some of the directors. At least he gave some time for the supporters and was a nice person.

Murphy is just a bitter little man!

Peadar
23/11/2002, 8:11 AM
Originally posted by thecorner
u decide who is worse.

What do you hope to achieve by dragging up the Mountfield saga again?

Onwards and upwards ladies and gentlemen.

thecorner
23/11/2002, 11:27 AM
who ruffled your feathers peadar. only asking a simple question
if u cant answer it stay outta the ****ing thread

Éanna
24/11/2002, 6:39 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
What do you hope to achieve by dragging up the Mountfield saga again?
If you´re going to keep hiding on the murphy issue, just don´t bother saying anything about it :rolleyes:

pete
25/11/2002, 9:41 AM
Mountfield.

Éanna
25/11/2002, 9:52 AM
by the way, Mountfield :)

Peadar
25/11/2002, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

If you´re going to keep hiding on the murphy issue, just don´t bother saying anything about it

Don't be such an idiot all your life Éanna!
Do you really think that Mountfield is coming back?
Do you think that talking about him is going to make Liam Murphy leave?
I suppose it's naive of me to think that you could ever be constructive.

thecorner
25/11/2002, 6:16 PM
says peadar thats paying tax to the queen
sucker

Éanna
25/11/2002, 6:36 PM
Don't be such an idiot all your life Éanna!
Do you really think that Mountfield is coming back?
Do you think that talking about him is going to make Liam Murphy leave?
I suppose it's naive of me to think that you could ever be constructive.
I didn´t raise the issue! DUH!
I never said anything about wanting mountfield back, I just agreed with the point that he´s a better manager than Liam Murphy.

Of course pro-mountfield rhetoric must be very painful to your ears seeing as it was your buddy(s) that helped get him sacked, wasn´t it? :rolleyes: :mad:
Naive of me to think you´d ever criticise anyone at CCFC, no matter how wrong they were :rolleyes:

James
25/11/2002, 6:38 PM
well i hear johnny caulfield waiting in the wongs to take over :P
anyone hear that also ?

Éanna
25/11/2002, 6:41 PM
Originally posted by James
well i hear johnny caulfield waiting in the wongs to take over
Wouldn´t surprise me. Being honest, I´d rather Murphy than a back-stabber like him......oh, there´s me not being constructive again :rolleyes: :mad:

Gary
26/11/2002, 11:56 AM

Onwards and upwards ladies and gentlemen.

And that will happen with Liam Murphy in Charge will it??

Peadar
26/11/2002, 6:33 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
says peadar thats paying tax to the queen
sucker

I can't believe I'm actually responding to this but, I work for the English Government, my Irish company gets paid for that work and they pay me after the Irish Government takes a healthy sum for tax.
I'm sure the queen benefits more from Cork Manchester United "fans" and Sky Sports subscribers than she does from me!

Of course pro-mountfield rhetoric must be very painful to your ears seeing as it was your buddy(s) that helped get him sacked, wasn´t it?

You're either very brave or very stupid Éanna.
I ignore most of your crap but I don't take kindly to your comments above.

Naive of me to think you´d ever criticise anyone at CCFC, no matter how wrong they were

It's not my job to criticise people at Cork City FC.
At the end of the day its a private business.

Originally posted by GWA
And that will happen with Liam Murphy in Charge will it??

I have already presented the opinion that while I think Liam Murphy is a good coach, there is more to being a manager than coaching. Good managers are typically out numbered by average managers in the majority of leagues. I don't want to see Cork City FC bringing in a new manager just for the sake of it.
By being positive and focused Cork City FC makes itself more attractive to potential managers and therefore potentially attract a great manager.

Gary
26/11/2002, 9:05 PM
At the end of the day its a private business.

Dont think its a private business Peadar as CCFC are in the public eye, as is Liam Murphy and anyone else associated with the club ie Patsy, Harris, Noelle, Jim Murray etc.

Not saying that they are fairgame, but put yourself in the public eye, you must be prepared for public criticism.

By being positive and focused Cork City FC makes itself more attractive to potential managers and therefore potentially attract a great manager.

I dont think that however positive the fans are that it could change the fact that Liam Murphy isnt up to the job.

Yes maybe a good coach, maybe a nice bloke, but unfortunatley that dont make a good manager.

You said that average managers who are good coaches outweigh Good managers, fair enough also, but why should we settle for that??

(why am i getting the awful feeling that all of these post are being watched and noted by club members, am i getting that paranoid???)

James
26/11/2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by GWA
(why am i getting the awful feeling that all of these post are being watched and noted by club members, am i getting that paranoid???)

cause they are

Éanna
27/11/2002, 9:53 AM
You're either very brave or very stupid Éanna.
I ignore most of your crap but I don't take kindly to your comments above.
Is that a threat? I´ve had enough of snide comments from you Peadar- you criticise me (in particular) and others as well for being negative all the time etc etc, while ignoring shortcomings that are as obvious as the nose on your face. I didn´t post that unthinkingly- I posted it because I knew I´d get a reaction, something which you generally chose to avoid if you know the truth is unpalatable. My apologies for offending anyone, but the truth hurts.

I repeat again- Is it a threat? I´d like to know