PDA

View Full Version : Movies you're looking foward to

liam88
08/01/2007, 12:11 AM
For me:

Blood Diamond -Went to a joint Amnesty International/Global Witness seminar on this at the student conference focussing on how we can use it to raise awareness about blood diamonds and the campaign for an ethical diamon market. It'll be a great opportunity for an important issue (especially in the lead up to valentines day) and looks like a good watch, although a bit Holywood. I'll enjoy it but will possibly miss the very start and end as will be handing out leaflets outside ;)

The Last King of Scotland -Despite being one of the most insane and brutal men ever to live there's very little mainstream media about Idi Amin. A sickening a brutal character -but looks to be an interesting and striking portrayal. Especially looking foward to the dramatisation of the Israeli hostage rescue mission.

The persuit of Happyness -100% pure popcorn, hollywood, feel-good. Looking foward to just sitting back and enjoying it.

Rock VI -possibly my favourite movie series of all times, got into it because my girlfriend is a massive fan. Will be a great end to a great saga.

gustavo
08/01/2007, 12:26 AM
Babel
Zodiac
The Number 23

Dodge
08/01/2007, 12:34 AM
Rocky
Grind House
American Gangster
For Your COnsideration
The Simpsons Movie
Sin City 2

BohsPartisan
08/01/2007, 7:56 AM
Blood Diamond
Transformers
Spidey 3
Sunshine (? is this the name of it - Killian Murphy has to reignite a dying sun by setting off nuclear explosion in the distant future - though it sounds armageddonesque its apparantly more along the lines of 2001/Solaris)
Dreamgirls (Its got Motown, its got Beyonce, what more could you want?)

Magicme
08/01/2007, 8:03 AM
Not exactly excited bout any at the mo but my sons have marked the 19th on their calender so that they can go see Rocky! Freaks.

tetsujin1979
08/01/2007, 9:00 AM
Rocky Balboa
Transformers
Spider-Man 3
Simpsons Movie
Hot Fuzz
Hostel: Part II
Zodiac
Grind House
I wasn't going to say Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer but the trailer looks fantastic: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/

BohsPartisan
08/01/2007, 9:26 AM
F4 - trailer for the first one looked good too but the movie was cac.

paul_oshea
08/01/2007, 12:22 PM
Rock VI -possibly my favourite movie series of all times, got into it because my girlfriend is a massive fan. Will be a great end to a great saga.

saw rocky there st stephens day. quality film, prolly go to the cinema to see it again.

Aberdonian Stu
08/01/2007, 12:41 PM
Looking forward to Rocky Balboa for sentimental reasons. The original was great, II was bad but bearable, III was a comedy, IV was rather bad while V was so bad it took me 4 sittings to get through it the first time I saw it.

I reckon this one will be around the same level as II, possibly better.

jebus
08/01/2007, 1:45 PM
Hot Fuzz (Simon Pegg, funniest man in Britain)

Babel (Early reports suggest its quality)

Last King of Scotland (interested to see how good James McEvoy can be)

Factory Girl (Sienna Miller sex scene, need I go on:) )

ken foree
08/01/2007, 2:59 PM
eh have youse gotten 'children of men' over there yet?? pretty taut, near-future paranoid action/thriller with largely british cast and i believe a mexican director. year is 2017 and human fertility has come to a screeching halt. there are some war scenes in this thing that must be seen to be believed! highly rec'd

LeixlipRed
08/01/2007, 6:16 PM
Grindhouse

Oh it's gonna be good....

jebus
09/01/2007, 10:51 AM
eh have youse gotten 'children of men' over there yet?? pretty taut, near-future paranoid action/thriller with largely british cast and i believe a mexican director. year is 2017 and human fertility has come to a screeching halt. there are some war scenes in this thing that must be seen to be believed! highly rec'd

Has already been out, I think it was released over here before America for some odd reason, it's not exactly a low budget British movie now is it? Good movie though, although personally I felt with the story it has it should have been better

BohsPartisan
09/01/2007, 10:53 AM
Its out on DVD this month

Drumcondra Red
09/01/2007, 2:42 PM
The Simpsons Movie and Employee of the Month because Jessica Simpson is a ride!!! :P

anto1208
09/01/2007, 3:02 PM
For Your COnsideration christopher Guest is a legend

Reno 911 miami : Probibly the funniest comedy on tv hits the big screen in Feb .

Trailer park boys the movie ( DVD release in Feb) isnt going to get a cinema release here .

its rare enough that i go to the cinema anymore sick of idiots talking an walking about through the film FFS :mad:

I was in once when some bird answered her mobile and had a chat :eek:

ken foree
09/01/2007, 6:47 PM
Has already been out, I think it was released over here before America for some odd reason, it's not exactly a low budget British movie now is it? Good movie though, although personally I felt with the story it has it should have been better

ha, no, not low-budget at all! how was it received? i felt similarly, some of the set-pieces were stunning but it wasn't without its flaws (american actress and some stilted dialogue in other parts.. a bit heavy-handed at times). overall i was very pleasantly surprised by it. haven't been more blown away with a war scene since thin red line or full metal jacket.

Neish
09/01/2007, 8:06 PM
Of the film I heard that are due for release in 2007, I'm lloking forward to:

The Last King Of Scotland(Looks good from the trailers I've seen)
Babel(Same as above)
Hot Fuzz(Loved spaced and Shaun of the Dead so can't wait for this)
Transformers(Was mad about them when a was a we pup)
The Bourne Ultimatum(Liked The Bourne Identity & Superemacy so loking foward to this)
Sin City 2(The 1st one was one of my fav film of the last few years)
The Simpsons Movie(Hopefully this will be good its been slipping over the last 3 or 4 series)

DmanDmythDledge
09/01/2007, 10:49 PM
Rocky
Employee of the month
Spiderman 3

Dodge
09/01/2007, 11:18 PM
Employee of the month is fairly rubbish. Even Jessica Simpson fans will be disappointed...

tetsujin1979
10/01/2007, 9:59 AM
The Last King of Scotland -Despite being one of the most insane and brutal men ever to live there's very little mainstream media about Idi Amin. A sickening a brutal character -but looks to be an interesting and striking portrayal. Especially looking foward to the dramatisation of the Israeli hostage rescue mission.

Saw it last night at a preview, very good film.
Forest Whitaker is excellent as Amin, managing to portray just how mad, and I really do mean mad, this guy really was. seeing enemies all around him, consumed by paranoia and the belief that he was saving his country he committed terrible acts of inhumanity to his fellow Ugandans, despite proclaiming himself to be a man of the people.

The only criticism I might have is that in trying to tell as much as possible that happened under his reign, a lot of the incidents are not given enough screen time. The flip side of this is that if the director had chosen to focus on specific events, then not enough would have been told.

Well worth seeing.

FarBeag
10/01/2007, 6:25 PM
Just watched Rocky Balboa.Good movie.Just one fight but i suppose having the energy for that is amazing for a man of his age. looks good for a 61 year old but that hat he wears throughout looks daft

Raheny Red
11/01/2007, 12:46 AM
Oceans 13

RogerMilla
11/01/2007, 7:52 AM
"Bobby"
I presume it was already out in ireland but hasn't appeared here in germany yet as fiar as i know , really looking forward to it