PDA

View Full Version : Roddy for Shels?

sniffa
08/01/2007, 12:04 AM
Rumours on the Shels web that Roddy is the most likely new manager.
He should be warned, he could lose the shirt off his back going there. Or did Oilly not already remove it? :D :D

dcfcsteve
08/01/2007, 1:08 AM
Just when you thought things couldn't possible get any worse for Shels....! :eek:

They're well-suited though : a Manager that no club is willing to touch with a barge pole, and a club that no Manager/player is willing to touch with a barge pole. Match made in heaven.

I await the promises of multi-million pound investment from all Roddy's imaginery 'connections'...... :rolleyes:

A face
08/01/2007, 1:24 AM
Are they seriously gonna do that though .... i mean in all fairness, things are bad enough.

garyderry
08/01/2007, 5:09 AM
Are they seriously gonna do that though .... i mean in all fairness, things are bad enough.

yeah but imagine all the fun for the rest of us, oillie and Roddy together :D
you couldnt make that one up :D :D

pete
08/01/2007, 9:58 AM
In fairness there are no other options at this stage. Ollie needs someone equally desparate as himself at this stage.

Ceirtlis
08/01/2007, 11:10 AM
Shelbourne fans should revolt before this happens, Roddy Collins is the last man you need on board when you are trying to cut costs.

BohsFans
08/01/2007, 11:19 AM
Shelbourne fans should revolt before this happens, Roddy Collins is the last man you need on board when you are trying to cut costs.

In fairness, it's hardly Pat Dolan we're talking about here!

dcfcsteve
08/01/2007, 11:46 AM

A Manager can only spend what the Board signs-off.

The question isn't wheteher Roddy would spend, but whether Ollie would ever sail back from Fantasy Island long enough to tell him to spend within the club's means.

BohsPartisan
08/01/2007, 12:05 PM
, but whether Ollie would ever sail back from Fantasy Island.

Ollie and Nutsy in Happier days (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Fantasy_Island.jpg)

NY Hoop
08/01/2007, 2:51 PM
Whatever little respect I had for Shels has now vanished. Do clubs here ever learn from history?

Dont forget this is the mule who said the whole league was really rubbish in one of his articles after Cork were knocked out of Europe.

Wouldnt like to see Shels go to the wall but a stint in the first division would do no harm and no better clown to lead you there than the rodster.

KOH

Brigader
08/01/2007, 3:24 PM
Whatever little respect I had for Shels has now vanished. Do clubs here ever learn from history?

Sure round this League it seems to be forgotton. Only to pop back up fresh when same old same happens... :rolleyes:

passerrby
08/01/2007, 5:32 PM
ollie said today that roddy was not the man for the job pity really it would be nice to see the ship sinking with both jonahs on board

Vitruvian Man
08/01/2007, 9:39 PM
Win the double with Bohs
Relegate Rovers
Then go on to relegate Shels

Roddy Collins for President!

pineapple stu
08/01/2007, 9:57 PM
Relegate Rovers

Who, Roddy?

Roddy never got anyone relegated. Not Carlisle, not Rovers, not Dublin City, not no-one, not no-how.

A face
08/01/2007, 10:47 PM
Who, Roddy?

Roddy never got anyone relegated. Not Carlisle, not Rovers, not Dublin City, not no-one, not no-how.

What did he actually say that time? something like "i got loads of experience in the relegation dog fight" or words to that effect :p

Priceless stuff !!

CollegeTillIDie
09/01/2007, 6:33 AM
In Roddy's first season at Bohs , he took over about 1/3 the way through after the disastrous Joe McGrath and Eamonn Collins regime. He guided them through the Promotion and Relegation play offs to Premier Division safety in 1998/99 season. That may be what he was referring to. Plus Carlisle didn't actually go into the conference while he was there.