PDA

View Full Version : UCD Latest

razor
22/11/2002, 8:29 PM
1 nil down 7 mins left
A Iosa Chriost, will he just go now

SÓC
22/11/2002, 8:39 PM
Looks like other results would have gone our way too if we could have managed to beat the worse side in the division.

a hÍosa Chríost indeed:)

Looks like we'll be lucky to get an Inter-floppo Cup spot at this stage.

dodgy sham
22/11/2002, 8:39 PM
Lost 1-0.
****ing typical.
MURPHY OUT NOW.

razor
22/11/2002, 8:41 PM
Its all over, Go now you f**king moron !!!!

UCD's 3rd win of the season, moves them off the bottom.

Shels won 2-1, they are 2 points ahead of us with a game in hand.

Howler by Devine, came for a cross didn't make it.

Murphy is a tactical retard, Lennox must act now.

shedite
22/11/2002, 8:48 PM
Just please go Liam.

There's nothing worth staying for.

Get in Rico now, give him the last 8-10 games to have a look at the squad, then he can make changes in the off season and be ready for next season.

Casegrande
23/11/2002, 8:29 AM
Rico's the man for the job. It's only a matter of time before we get rid of that fool Murphy. Lennox isin't stupid. He's not gonna stand back and watch the time and effort (and money) he has recently put into the club go to waste by giving Murphy time. It's just amazing that Murphy is so stubborn!

If anyone wants some ready made A4 'MURPHY OUT' posters for the Shels game, leave your email address here.

patsh
23/11/2002, 12:11 PM
Couldn't get to the game last night, so was it as bad as it was made out to be on the Radio?

This is just getting worse by the week. I suppose Gunther will spout his usual inane sh*t on the echo tonight, so
Brian Lennox, if you read these forums,
How much longer do we have to suffer like this?

Colm
23/11/2002, 12:36 PM
City played some nice passing football for a lot of the first half but whatever Gunther said at half time changed all that. City were dire in the second half. As usual tactics were non-exixtant and any change Gunther made was just a straight swop plain and simple.
How Deccie Daly is still one of the first names on the team sheet is beyond me!

He has to go now.
OUT OUT OUT

UCD_4_Life
23/11/2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Couldn't get to the game last night, so was it as bad as it was made out to be on the Radio?

This is just getting worse by the week. I suppose Gunther will spout his usual inane sh*t on the echo tonight, so
Brian Lennox, if you read these forums,
How much longer do we have to suffer like this?

The first half was awful, nothing happened.

The second was a bit more lively especially after the goal, but I have to say that other than the odd set-piece I only felt that Cork threatened us in the 90th minute when the No.9 (not sure who he is) had an open net but Darragh Ryan got back and made the save.

Troy.McClure
23/11/2002, 1:36 PM
Mucky missed a sitter from 6 yard that would have put is in the lead after about 30 min, Flynn also had a good chance at the death. Other than that we had no real chances. We looked dodgy defending set pieces (again) and the goal was similar enough to Longfords last week.
Same old same old.

PS Rico to stay out! :eek:

Schumi
25/11/2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Looks like other results would have gone our way too if we could have managed to beat the worse side in the division.

We're not the worst in the division at this stage. Bray and Drogheda are poorer sides.

Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
but Darragh Ryan got back and made the save.
That was an excellent tackle, your man really looked like scoring there. To be honest I think the Cork Town probably deserved a draw out of the game but we've been in that position too often this year so it's nice to finally win one of those.

pete
25/11/2002, 10:44 AM
I thought city dominated the 1st half, played some of the best passing (players would not pass to Hoofalot) football away from home all season & UCD barely got out of their half. Still city didn't create many chances.

Game was scrappier in the 2nd half with city not so much in control. UCD scored only cos of a Devine mistake as they had created nothing before that.

(Robert) Doyle lived up to his reputation as a bit of a prima dona & seemed more concerned with diving to get city players booked that doing any attacking.

UCD had a tight defense but showed little attacking form & only got some chances on the counbter when city went for broke.

UCD may stay up but on fridays display will find it hard to score & win games.

Schumi
25/11/2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by pete
I thought city dominated the 1st half, played some of the best passing (players would not pass to Hoofalot) football away from home all season & UCD barely got out of their half. Still city didn't create many chances.

Game was scrappier in the 2nd half with city not so much in control. UCD scored only cos of a Devine mistake as they had created nothing before that.
Strange how different people see games; I thought the first half was pretty scrappy with UCD relaxing more in the second half and taking the game to Cork who seemed to panick a bit and made some ineffective substitutions.

(Robert) Doyle lived up to his reputation as a bit of a prima dona & seemed more concerned with diving to get city players booked that doing any attacking.
Robbie Doyle did OK but as usual didn't get much support

Overall I think Cork were unlucky to lose and a draw would have been fair.

UCD_4_Life
25/11/2002, 7:18 PM
I didn't think that Robbie dived at all to be honest.

Cork's full back gave him a right kick in the neck though.