PDA

View Full Version : The New Stand

Pages : [1] 2

A face
07/01/2007, 12:44 PM
Anyone know how the new stand is coming along ?

don ramo
07/01/2007, 4:53 PM
last meeting at the club said it should be ready by the third week in january, dunno if they mean the stand our the whole lot, but this stage should be ready by the start of the season, at the moment there digging hole for the supports and the stand will go together in a week our so, the floodlights will have to come down first cause id say they'll block the stand, and there being moved into the corners of the ground

A face
08/01/2007, 11:55 PM
Fair play, thats good to hear.

Comic Book Guy
09/01/2007, 5:52 PM
I walked past the ground this afternoon and they seem to have poured the concrete for the supports for the stand, they also it seems have poured the concrete for the bases of the floodlights (at least they have at the top goals) and it looks like that they have started to relay the pitch where they had to lengthen and widen it.

A face
14/01/2007, 1:50 PM
Here is a pic of whats been done so far.

Buller
14/01/2007, 2:32 PM
does anyone know the capacity of this new stand? looks good, fair play!

ramblers
14/01/2007, 2:48 PM
I think it is 900

don ramo
14/01/2007, 5:14 PM
ya the new stand will be 900 and the old stand is being turned into a 500 seater, two more stands to built, the next one is opposit the stand being built (behind the dugouts) and will be 1100, and the stand at the clubhouse end (which might not be there till 2009 our near the end of next season(2008)) will be a 2500 seater bringing the ground to a capaity of 5000 seater, cobh wanderers are getting our old floodlights (from what i've heard) and we'll be getting new ones in the corners,:ball: well thats the plan anyways, if the old stock doesnt get back in, if they do were s*****d:eek:

heard a good story the other day about when the old floodlights went up that the chairman of the time thought you could just lift the lights to the top of the poles instead of hireing a crane to do it cause it was a waste of money :D

Rambler1
15/01/2007, 12:38 PM
ya the new stand will be 900 and the old stand is being turned into a 500 seater, two more stands to built, the next one is opposit the stand being built (behind the dugouts) and will be 1100, and the stand at the clubhouse end (which might not be there till 2009 our near the end of next season(2008)) will be a 2500 seater bringing the ground to a capaity of 5000 seater, cobh wanderers are getting our old floodlights (from what i've heard) and we'll be getting new ones in the corners,:ball: well thats the plan anyways, if the old stock doesnt get back in, if they do were s*****d:eek:

heard a good story the other day about when the old floodlights went up that the chairman of the time thought you could just lift the lights to the top of the poles instead of hireing a crane to do it cause it was a waste of money :D
On the same subject, apparently new floodlights will be able to be lowered / raised from the ground using an internal pulley system which will allow easier replacement of lamps so should be great light in the ground from now on.

don ramo
15/01/2007, 7:41 PM
great stuff:ball: :ball: :ball:

rammie
16/01/2007, 9:28 AM
Great work on the ground...... whats the story with the squad.... I've heard Warren is gone to Waterford.... Coleman is gone to play in MSL.... Darren Murphy is taking a break.... any truth in these rumours?

Dj Duffer
17/01/2007, 12:58 PM
Any news on the new stand, surely its not gonna be ready before the end of the month at this stage will it?!

Buller
25/01/2007, 7:36 PM
slightly strayed off the topic lads.... entitled "The New Stand"!!!!

don ramo
02/02/2007, 1:09 AM
finally some positive news the stand is due to arrive tommorrow friday the 2nd, with the floodlights also, so a week our two it "should" be ready, its really a shame it being such a positive step forward, only to take the gloss off it with these stupid delays, the club should have just said the stand will be there for the start of the season, and no one could complain cause thats the only scedual that matters:cool: :ball: :cool:

A face
02/02/2007, 3:57 PM
finally some positive news the stand is due to arrive tommorrow friday the 2nd, with the floodlights also, so a week our two it "should" be ready, its really a shame it being such a positive step forward, only to take the gloss off it with these stupid delays, the club should have just said the stand will be there for the start of the season, and no one could complain cause thats the only scedual that matters:cool: :ball: :cool:

But these projects always run behind time. As long as there is steady progress then its fine. Theres no harm having the deadline earlier as there is a safety net of sorts on the time frame.

don ramo
02/02/2007, 6:04 PM
ya definatly but the shine will be taken away cause they gave a time in the first place, and delayed it on at least five different occasions

The Rebel Ram
02/02/2007, 7:50 PM
Good to see it is nearly there. At least it should be ready for the start of the season. I heard at the start of the constrution that the majority of the work was the foundations, the stand should just slot together after that,
So there is probably 6 months left so............:p

don ramo
05/02/2007, 3:41 PM
the seats that we'll have, been meaning to put them on

The Rebel Ram
05/02/2007, 7:00 PM

Lets just hope we can fill some of them............

BohsFans
07/02/2007, 3:08 PM

are ya just sticking the seats on the old terrace (as in the pic) or are they going somewhere else?

smellyfeet
07/02/2007, 3:47 PM

hopefully they will be fitted properly, not like the pic:)

don ramo
07/02/2007, 10:50 PM
ya there goin under the old stand itll be fully seated 500 seats (no standing area) there are only half installed at the moment they started erecting te new stand today, the floodlights are there just put on the lights and there done and remove the old ones, still a bit of work to get done, should be done by the end of the month, all the seats will be clarlet and blue manly blue like the ones in the picture:ball:

Rambler1
08/02/2007, 6:57 PM
are ya just sticking the seats on the old terrace (as in the pic) or are they going somewhere else?

Complete new steel structure going in. The old terrace beneath it is gone now in places.

paddigol
03/03/2007, 5:34 PM
Great to see development work progressing.
Hopefully this will encourage more people to come along and you can get on with the job of finishing the ground to spec.
5,000 is ideal for a club like Cobh Ramblers for the forseeable future.
Best of luck with the work and hope to see you in the Premier asap

don ramo
05/03/2007, 6:59 PM
new goal posts installed today look great no stanction, its the one you see on tv i think anway no nets on them the pole are at the back and hold the corners of the nets so it just the frame at the front and two poles at the back,:)

fc hammer
05/03/2007, 9:34 PM
new goal posts installed today look great no stanction, its the one you see on tv i think anway no nets on them the pole are at the back and hold the corners of the nets so it just the frame at the front and two poles at the back,:)

is there a lot of poles work'n for cobh:)

The Rebel Ram
07/03/2007, 12:50 PM
Anyone got an update on the completion time for the ground?

Pablo Escobar
15/03/2007, 10:00 AM
Any pics on how the ground is looking atm?

don ramo
15/03/2007, 5:15 PM
http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?MemberId=2944695234&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=2944820964
got these the other day, some more work done since, ill try and get more in the next day our two

if this link wont go to my home page im in bebo under don ramo cobh community colledge

GalwayFrancis
15/03/2007, 6:02 PM
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MyProfile=Y
got these the other day, some more work done since, ill try and get more in the next day our two

that link doesnt go to your homepage!

cmcd
21/03/2007, 2:30 PM
whats the story with the new stand
looks like very little work done recently apart from the blue backing,
wasnt it expected to be finished by now.
wheres the concrete for it and all the talk of how quickly it will be put together and finished within 6 weeks from start ?
anybody got any updates.

don ramo
21/03/2007, 4:10 PM
there is no concrete it a metal dack as far as i know and we are now at the stage where we must pay for it ourselves so gettin money together takes time i heard it may be another month before completion of the seats, but id say well be playin there before the seats are installed,

nobody wanted these delays, thats how it goes and we all know it, so there is no point the next post criticising someone at the club the commitee and everyone attached to the club want this completed ASAP,

GavinZac
21/03/2007, 5:30 PM
sack the board :p

no, i understand you're frustration, similar situation to ourselves. looking forward to going down for a game when its done, preferably against one of the new clubs

A face
28/03/2007, 9:40 PM
Any recent pics of the new stand ??

MojoPin
28/03/2007, 10:15 PM
to be honest id say based on current trends itll be mid may before theyll have it done..

don ramo
29/03/2007, 10:29 PM
to be honest id say based on current trends itll be mid may before theyll have it done..

how many more negative replies will there be, the stand is up, now we must wait for the decking, it not like its been siting in someones yard waiting to be delivered, first you need the money, then you put your order in and pay for it, then its added to a schedual in the steel factory, and when its made it will be shipped over, unfortunatly for us were Cobh Ramblers not manchester united our liverpool, we dont have millins available to help us get up the queue, the steel is suppose to arrive in the next week our two i hope it arrives soon to and all this will be forgotten, all im seeing is progress its slow moving but there has never been this much progress in such a short amount of time in the history of the club and all pepole like to do is complain.

don ramo
30/03/2007, 3:13 PM
was there today, they're building the walls in the corners and closing them off and there putting in steps to the north terrace as it was hacked away each side for the floodlights, the pitch is lookin great also

ramblers
30/03/2007, 3:50 PM
The reason people complain is because other people give out wrong info to make themselves look good instead of giving out correct information.

The Chairman stated in the Echo last November that the stand would be finished in December so people expected that the Chairman knew what he was talking.:rolleyes:

When you give out dates and you dont meet them and there is no updates then people will complain because there expectations are not met.:mad:

So Don Ramo you told us it should be completed by the end of the month in February we are now nearly in April so it is as much your fault that people complain as anyone.:D

don ramo
30/03/2007, 4:09 PM
So Don Ramo you told us it should be completed by the end of the month in February we are now nearly in April so it is as much your fault that people complain as anyone.:D

ya i did say that but i have since given up on giving dates, all i know is we are back at home next week, and the stand will be completed in the next few weeks when the steel is ready it will be shiped over and installed, i can wait without complaining but thats me i suppose

bellavistaman
30/03/2007, 6:33 PM
ya i did say that but i have since given up on giving dates, all i know is we are back at home next week, and the stand will be completed in the next few weeks when the steel is ready it will be shiped over and installed, i can wait without complaining but thats me i suppose

exactly, if i heard two years ago that in ten years time we'd have a new stand like the one going up now i would be delighted, few weeks or months wont bother me once our stand is put up. dont think people realise how big a deal it is for our small club.

drinkfeckarse
31/03/2007, 8:28 AM
Well said bellavistaman. Ramblers will have in place an excellent ground. It will be far better than anything similar clubs to us have to offer and having decent facilities goes a long way to attracting decent players.

The Rebel Ram
02/04/2007, 7:20 PM
Hopefully it won't be too long, I heard it will probably be a few months yet due to a backlog of orders at the plant we are purchasing from.
Delighted to have the games back in st colemans though. We need home games to be at home to get the crowds and the funds.
It looks like there will be good weather this summer so no doubt we will all want to be in the north terrace catching the rays instead of sitting in the shade of the new stand. Once it is up for October to shelter form the rain I'll be happy!:D

chimpster99
03/04/2007, 9:18 PM
Hello all. :cool:
Through contacts in the FAI, I know a little about the state of play with the stand. The delays in completion are basically down to:

1. Delays with the release of lottery grant funding (about 2-3 months).
2. Problems caused with the floodlights being installed at the same time as the stand (which wasn't originally expected).
3. Problems caused by the local builder who is looking after the pitch wall, stand foundations, steps, etc.
4. Design/construction problems brought about by the slope on the ground and the 'wedge' shape of the stand.
5. Delays with steelwork fabrication.

All of this is essentially out of the club's control. Let's keep it real, be patient with the management and look forward to an improved home for the Rams very soon.

Pablo Escobar
04/04/2007, 8:20 AM
Was there anything that there wasn't a problem with? :D

Risteard
04/04/2007, 9:48 AM
Can ye return to St. Colmans before thats all rectified or are ye going to be at the Cross for another month or two?

jebus
04/04/2007, 10:22 AM
Lads that new stand looks like its going to be far too near the pitch wall. Are Cobh planning on putting seats in there? It looked very narrow from what I saw

2legged tackle
04/04/2007, 10:30 AM
Lads that new stand looks like its going to be far too near the pitch wall. Are Cobh planning on putting seats in there? It looked very narrow from what I saw

Unless its dangerously steep, I cant see many seats goin in.

don ramo
04/04/2007, 12:20 PM
god help me, it only 910 capacity itll be about five rows back and the lenght of the pitch, read the thread please, and no we wont be back at the cross the seating can be installed in a week our so and they wont be working during games, and how the hell can a stand be to near the pitch thats just supid, what do you want a track in front of it our somethin

bellavistaman
04/04/2007, 1:06 PM
god help me, it only 910 capacity itll be about five rows back and the lenght of the pitch, read the thread please, and no we wont be back at the cross the seating can be installed in a week our so and they wont be working during games, and how the hell can a stand be to near the pitch thats just supid, what do you want a track in front of it our somethin

haha, olympic games next!

jebus
04/04/2007, 1:24 PM

I said its too near the pitch wall, hence why I don't think it will be able to fit 5 rows of comfortable seats