PDA

View Full Version : past senior internationals

Ringo
07/01/2007, 6:41 AM
Thought this was something that should be posted up here, its good idea.

CAN YOU HELP FAI?

THE FAI have invited all past senior internationals to be their guests at a banquet before the historic Croke Park game against Wales in March, and at the game itself.

There are in the region of 260 of these players to be contacted, and Claire Kavanagh and her colleagues in the FAI's Corporate Affairs section have done magnificent work in tracking down most of them. However, they need some help as they come to the end of their task, and want to appeal to readers of this column if they can put them in touch with any of the following: Tommy Carroll, Bobby Duffy, Jimmy Dunne, Phil Kelly, Mick McGrath, Jerry Murphy, John 'Sonny' O'Neill and Eamonn Rogers.

If you have any clues to these players' whereabouts, contact Claire at FAI Corporate Affairs 01-7037511.

OwlsFan
07/01/2007, 5:32 PM
Don't know the whereabouts of any of them and I never heard of Kelly, McGrath and O'Neill.

I remember Carroll and Rogers (even had a picture of him from GOAL in an Irish shirt on my bedroom wall) playing for Ireland and Duffy played for Rovers in the 50s.

Superhoops
07/01/2007, 5:51 PM
Don't know the whereabouts of any of them and I never heard of Kelly, McGrath and O'Neill.

I remember Carroll and Rogers (even had a picture of him from GOAL in an Irish shirt on my bedroom wall) playing for Ireland and Duffy played for Rovers in the 50s.
Mick McGrath was another product of Home Farm. He played for Blackburn Rovers and played in the 1960 Cup Final for them. Won 22 caps for Ireland between 1958 and 1966.

Phil Kelly played for Wolves for 6 or 7 years but only made a handful of first team appearances. He played at right back for Ireland and won 5 caps in 1960/61 before being repalced by Tony Dunne.

OwlsFan
08/01/2007, 9:21 AM
Thanks. What about John "Sonny" O'Neill ?

geysir
08/01/2007, 11:47 AM
Thought this was something that should be posted up here, its good idea.

CAN YOU HELP FAI?

THE FAI have invited all past senior internationals to be their guests at a banquet before the historic Croke Park game against Wales in March, and at the game itself.
There are in the region of 260 of these players to be contacted
I guess they needed the help of a Medium to contact most of the Shamrock Rovers internationals.