PDA

View Full Version : D-day for Title chances?

pete
22/11/2002, 10:43 AM
With Bohs 11 points ahead of city anything other than a win tonight will finally kill off any title aspirations. Theres no way we could claw back a 10-11 point deficit (8 be hard enough anyway)with only 9 games left.

I don't think the Uefa & Toto Cup spots will be decided til the last couple of games though...

dalo
22/11/2002, 10:50 AM
to be honest our title aspirations died the day we got hammered by pat's. nah the league ain't going to happen for city this year, at the best a second place is all that team can hope for.

the unfortunate thing is aprt from deccie daly and maybe carey we haven't that many bad footballers. they are all talented players but a few (george, woods, o'grady) just are not showing real bottle on the pitch. even under DB's era we still had a fair few hoofers on the team

patsh
22/11/2002, 12:16 PM
For us to win the league now, 2 things would have to happen:
1. Bohs would need to lose 4 games.
Hard to see that happening, but.......;)
2. The really difficult bit.
a) The manager would have to actually believe we could win it and get this across to his players and
b)get them going out onto the pitch ready to die for City.
Seeing as LM threw in the towel weeks ago, he has no belief in this side, so that's
a) f*cked
and
as Barney the purple Dinosaur has more motivational skills than LM thats
b) completely f*cked.
But I haven't yet totally given up on the championship, because strange things happen in this league.....:p

Xlex
22/11/2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
For us to win the league now, 2 things would have to happen:
1. Bohs would need to lose 4 games.
Hard to see that happening, but.......;)
2. The really difficult bit.
a) The manager would have to actually believe we could win it and get this across to his players and
b)get them going out onto the pitch ready to die for City.
Seeing as LM threw in the towel weeks ago, he has no belief in this side, so that's
a) f*cked
and
as Barney the purple Dinosaur has more motivational skills than LM thats
b) completely f*cked.
But I haven't yet totally given up on the championship, because strange things happen in this league.....:p

3. you'd have to start winning away....

patsh
22/11/2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
We would win ALL our games if we took the pitch properly prepared and in the right frame of mind.
Take D. Daly out, and we have as good, if not better, a squad as anyone else. of course we would also need to not be releaseing good players in the middle of the season.

Schumi
22/11/2002, 12:32 PM

Wait until next week for that please:)

Neil
22/11/2002, 12:59 PM
D-Day for Liam Murphy

Cheerio... Cheerio...Cheerio...Cheerio...Cheerio...:cool:

pete
22/11/2002, 3:22 PM
Just been looking at remaining fixture list & we still have to travel to Bohs, Pats & Longford, neither of which we usually do well at.

eoinh
22/11/2002, 4:04 PM
Originally posted by dalo

the unfortunate thing is aprt from deccie daly and maybe carey we haven't that many bad footballers.

Nah, i think Carey is an excellent player. It just seems that this year he doesnt seem to have any confidence. i dont know what it is really.

they are all talented players but a few (george, woods, o'grady) just are not showing real bottle on the pitch. even under DB's era we still had a fair

Yeah agree there. Woods can be terrible and sometimes seeems uninterested. Other times hes brilliant. As for George, i really dont know, although i do think he needs a good kick up the arse and needs to discipline himself and work for the team. He has a lot of quality i know, but is it wisely used?

Xlex
23/11/2002, 12:00 PM

ah well maybe the next away game.... :D :D

Murphy in :D :D