PDA

View Full Version : E.G.M

don ramo
05/01/2007, 7:53 PM
an egm has been called fron reports today people want answears i hear ( why was the draw postponed) ahhhhummm the tickets werent in so the fair thing was done and the draw was postponed the same answear it wont change ok ( the constitution say directors cant be put in place) the constitution doesnt mention anything about directors and the members gave the commitee the right to run the club as best as possible i think directors arent that bad an idea well have some great times long before we get s***** over if we get s***** over i doubt we will cause no one is that wrekless and they wanna see the financial reports to :cool:

Comic Book Guy
09/01/2007, 6:06 PM
You would have to question the motives of those wanting an EGM, I was under the impression that the members gave their consent to the idea of talking to would-be investors.
It is a pity because there are some still 'connected' to the club who I think want to pull the club out of the league. I get the impression that this is personality driven? So why don't these people just put up or shut up.
As long as the assets of the club are protected then I think the majority are in favour of the move to directors.
I heard too that some of those looking for an EGM are former committee members, I think that the present group running the club are doing a good job, look at all the grounds work that is going on. Does anyone remember the time the Man United tickets were sold outside the ground:rolleyes: ? No one called for an EGM then.

don ramo
09/01/2007, 6:27 PM
i really hope these people dont get back in these are the peolple who sold our traninig pitch to the lowest bidder i heard 600,000 but id thought it was less what a cheap piece of land and now there building 150 houses on it, the former commitee did noting for the club but got it in debt, if they were there when we played united the debt wouldnt have had anything payed off it it would have been squandered, they let the clubhouse in a state the present commitee done up the lounge redone the roof and will be extending it also, and the present commitee have got the club a premier division licence which indicate how well the club is run off the pitch, licenses have noting to do with the football just the business side of things so were set for the future, let it be the premier divison thats all that s left to achieve:ball: :ball: :ball:

ramblers
09/01/2007, 8:33 PM
They must have had nothing else to do but call an EGM. Could this have not waited for the AGM next month. I think the current commitee are doing a good job off the field but feel they may have made a mistake last season with budgets if the 5000 a week figure is to be belived we must be in debt to about 250000 now given we were 125000 in debt last season.

The good thing though is the development and they must be applauded for this it was a long time over due and they have done a great job it will leave a lasting legacy which other commitees have never left.

don ramo
11/01/2007, 7:44 AM
i doubt the debt got worse you need to clear you debt too so much in order to get the grants as far as i know, but the wage bill will have to be slashed our stay level depending on the if our debt has got better our worse, if its better all the better, but if the rumours of some of the wages some players are getting are true them players must be thrown out on there ass there are only one our two players deserving of the wages ive heard im not goin to mention them but there wide spread rumours

bye the bye did anyone hear anything about mucky goin back to play gaa, i heard he left to play gaa:eek:

depor
17/01/2007, 12:31 AM
the members of the club are entitled to call an EGM if they want. on the issue of investors i like ye would love to see some investment but the fact of the matter is that no person or persons are going to invest for nothing, there has to be a return shown on the investment or else it will have to be paid back, and that in ramblers case isnt cash as they dont have any. their only assets now is the ground as the training pitch was sold for penies by the other crowd.
like a lot of people iwould luv to know who these investors are, i dont know what the big secret is. most people invest in a football club because they just want to or they want a challenge and they want to be known. as most chairmen say, noone invests in a football club to make money as it isnt viable especially in this country, with the exception of few.

Comic Book Guy
17/01/2007, 5:01 PM
From what I hear not all the members wanted an egm, I heard it was a minority who wanted, I think you only need something like 20 names to call one.
Knowing what one or two are like it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to scuttle the whole directors thingy.

don ramo
17/01/2007, 5:11 PM
ya all the member got the letter the sent to the club with 20 signatures, and the issues to be discussed at this meeting, lets see what happens

ramsfan
17/01/2007, 8:01 PM
investors will come in an want a return anybody with talent will be sold and the bar will no longer be ramblers bye bye all the years and history ramblers will go under

ramsfan
17/01/2007, 8:05 PM
the reason there is an egm is mainly due to the fact that the chairman told people a few untruths he told them the constitution of the club allowed investors to be brought in by committee decision and that he had verified this with the club solicitor

when someone involved met the club solicitor and asked him he denied ever being asked and was annoyed he had beeen quoted by the chairman legally there is noright for the committe to decide

rammie
18/01/2007, 11:34 AM
lets not forget this EGM is also about the poor management of the Draw and the state of finances... as regards Directors... it was handled badly.. a pr disaster,... when you are not open with information it allows for mis-information and rumour to flourish... it appears some of the committee are not aware of the potential investors... are there trust issues here? for the record I am in favour of investors provided club assets are secured and can not be used as security for future business ventures by the directors.... in modern times the club has to accept change however and it should be managed in a transparent manner.... hopefully this EGM will clear the air and repair some of the damage caused..

The Rebel Ram
19/01/2007, 9:33 AM
Couldn't make it last night but does anyone know what happened????

don ramo
19/01/2007, 1:43 PM
it was one of the biggest debates ive ever been to, and the end decision was that the club and the people who called the meeting are just goin to have there solicitors at the AGM, to explain if its legal our not for the commitee to introduce directors without the members votin on it, i want those three hours back please

rammie
19/01/2007, 4:15 PM
Put it to a vote.... legally you might or might not be able to force the issue in or out, but either way it would be terrible for the club if it's decided upon this way....... I think the committe should document and circulate to the members how they intend to introduce directorship and what safeguards they will put in place......
Those opposing should also circulate the members highlighting their concerns and how they can address the financial mechanisms needed in the modern game to ensure continued existence in the eircom league ( obviously they should be allowed access to the same resources that the committee have e.g stationary postage expense etc).

Then at the AGM with all arguements documented the members can vote on the issue.

Comic Book Guy
19/01/2007, 4:47 PM
I can't see what the fuss is about, if the assets of the club are protected then I and what seem to be the majority of supporters have no problem with directors investment, in fact it is needed. If I remember rightly, one of the committee asked if any of the objectors had an alternative, there was no answer.

ramblers
19/01/2007, 5:05 PM
It was a joke. People have to much time on there hands and to much money to say they can go off getting Solictors etc to check things out.

3 Hours of listening to someone go on and on and on with nothing to say.

I am sure the current commitee are looking out for the club as well as anyone else.

Cobh Ramblers is going backwards and there are people who are happy for it to go that way they hate seing development and things going well they always want to be negative about everything.

The Rebel Ram
19/01/2007, 5:14 PM
and you al missed the o'halpin's for that.........:)

ramblers
19/01/2007, 5:19 PM
you said it

Comic Book Guy
19/01/2007, 7:46 PM
Did I imagine it or was a majority of people in favour of directors??

Rams-fan
22/01/2007, 12:55 PM
Suprised that there is no comments directly from the Club. All hear say and waffle. I missed the meeting unfortunately. Was there any reasons given to the other matters listed on the letter. ie the draw, current financial state of the club??
Directors good idea or bad, all depends on who the club are looking to.

don ramo
22/01/2007, 6:18 PM
the draw has been explained to death why it was delayed, financial reports won't be ready till the AGM (thats normal) and the directors issue wasnt resolved so there is no point debateing it till it is resolved