PDA

View Full Version : the coming season........

joe
09/07/2001, 12:14 AM
Lads,

Finally got a chance to look at our fixture list for the coming season today – has anyone else? One or two things stand out:

No obvious dates for league cup matches
Midweek games away to Galway and UCD (normally two nice trips) in September
FAI Cup starting in the middle of December
Christmas shopping in Monaghan

I know the supporters club are planning to make at least one away match a month, but it’s going to be tough going looking at this list.

http://www.fai.ie/news/premier_fixtures.html

niamh
09/07/2001, 12:32 AM
At least you'll be living in the right city for the home matches...but I get your point. What ejit would put away trips to UCD and Galway in midweek? Abviously one who doesn't want much support from Cork.

pete
09/07/2001, 9:31 AM
From my point of view I should be able to get a few more games than normal as a lot of away games around the Pale in August/September.

The big difference I see this season is City fist few home games are against Bohs, Dundalk, Shelbourne & Shamrock Rovers. If City get off to a reasonable start should be big crowds for the traditionally attrractive $hel$ & Rovers games. Although for someone who usually tries to space out my return visits to leeside means might miss a couple of those games :(

Ali-G
09/07/2001, 10:12 AM
Looking at the fixture list, things mightnt be too bad. We have the home advantage against Rovers, Bohs, Shels, Monaghan and Dundalk this year, which must be good. Away twice to Galway, Longford, St. Pats, UCD, Derry and Bray.

As for the last day of the season, away to Derry, I'd rather have the league clinched the previous sunday at home to Monaghan.
Innit
Ali-G

Leonard
09/07/2001, 11:57 AM
I like the thought of Ollie Cahill winning the league for us at home to Monaghan United - surely the glamour tie of the season.